Health Doctor Sanjay Gupta Publically Apologizes for being so wrong about Medical Marijuana

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score

A doctor actually looks at evidence and realizes that he has been oh so wrong. Actually has the balls to admit it and come out on the Joe Rogan podcast and finally speaks facts. It is so bizarre watching something real about this issue instead of a bunch of propoganda BS spread by people who should know better.

Last edited:

iPeez

Hot food far all world wide!
Reaction score
So who has not tried this drug?

I also feel the Britains are generally more open minded within most news channels compared to most of the Amrican's. Or might be misslead by the fact Fox News, and other (wellfunded ((((liars))))) channels, are so dominant.

Zakyath

Reaction score
yeah that's nice, but why did they have two people discussion different things?

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Bleh, I don't like Piers being on the same side of an issue as I am, usually we're pretty well against one another's perspectives. It's a solid conversation though, not so much of a debate as they aren't really arguing as much as they're agreeing with one another. I watched Sanjay spout some of his anti-cannabis sentiments a few years back, so it's cool to see a doctor with an open mind and willingness to do the research. Although it's a small number of cases, there are several where cannabis acts as a miracle drug, and there's no reason at all that these people shouldn't have it as an option. And I thought the person they were 'debating' against was pretty reasonable as well - he made some solid points even if his main argument was based off of little more than conjecture (he can't actually prove that most of the users are just trying to catch a buzz, even though he's most likely correct).

Hatebreeder

So many apples
Reaction score
We've had this discussion pretty often and it's always the same argument over and over again.
Yes, Marijuana is less damaging and has proven itself to be useful in medicine. The thing is though, alcohol and tobacco are drugs that have a very long history. If it wern't for them, America would not be the country it is now and for most of it, alcohol and tobacco have secured a vast amount of wealth. The same principle applies to almost any other country. Damaging or not, those two common drugs are part of a global culture. It is not possible to forbid them.
However, the argument of people having access to yet ANOTHER drug for them to get loaded on is bullshit. The opposite is most likly to be true. A broader pallett of drugs to choose from could cause people to use the drugs that is less likly to kill them and to raise aweness of them.
You can be straightedge all you want, humans, like all other animals also have the instinct to selfdestruct, one way or another.
The doctor has one valid point though and that would be "why is Marijuana said to be worse than other, more hard drugs?" And why have documents been stating complete bullshit about it's effects?
I BET that it has to do something with Marijuana being a easy to keep and care-of plant, the male plant is even superior to most other trees in terms of usefullness. I guess it would knock out some timber farms and other wood-related industries from business, huh?

iPeez

Reaction score
We've had this discussion pretty often and it's always the same argument over and over again.
Yes, Marijuana is less damaging and has proven itself to be useful in medicine. The thing is though, alcohol and tobacco are drugs that have a very long history. If it wern't for them, America would not be the country it is now and for most of it, alcohol and tobacco have secured a vast amount of wealth. The same principle applies to almost any other country. Damaging or not, those two common drugs are part of a global culture. It is not possible to forbid them.
However, the argument of people having access to yet ANOTHER drug for them to get loaded on is bullshit. The opposite is most likly to be true. A broader pallett of drugs to choose from could cause people to use the drugs that is less likly to kill them and to raise aweness of them.
You can be straightedge all you want, humans, like all other animals also have the instinct to selfdestruct, one way or another.
The doctor has one valid point though and that would be "why is Marijuana said to be worse than other, more hard drugs?" And why have documents been stating complete bullshit about it's effects?
I BET that it has to do something with Marijuana being a easy to keep and care-of plant, the male plant is even superior to most other trees in terms of usefullness. I guess it would knock out some timber farms and other wood-related industries from business, huh?

I like conspiracies. But I wont go there now.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
*awkwardly raises hand*

Nothing to be ashamed of there. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not trying Marijuana. However, I do have a huge problem with people who have not tried it going out and saying stuff about it that they have absolutely no clue to what they are talking about.

iPeez

Reaction score
Nothing to be ashamed of there. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not trying Marijuana. However, I do have a huge problem with people who have not tried it going out and saying stuff about it that they have absolutely no clue to what they are talking about.

Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to scare people away either lol

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
OMG apologies to a drug!?
Hmm Why would you even try? All drugs are "potentially dangerous" and have varying effects on individuals.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Hmm Why would you even try? All drugs are "potentially dangerous" and have varying effects on individuals.

Have you ever tried *gasp* alcohol? The same argument you're making can be applied to alcohol.

I like to read about these types of stories where a person has a complete change of opinion regarding certain issues, and it's very interesting to hear what they have to say.

I have tried marijuana before once and admittedly it was nothing special, because the marijuana was of poor quality. The only noticeable effect was that my legs felt a bit shaky/weak. But I have friends who smoke pot and I have been in 'parties' where people smoke pot, and these people are a hell of a lot more fun and safe to be with, than say someone who has too much to drink, vomits everywhere and starts a fight. I've never experienced aggression from someone who is high, but with someone drunk it happens all the time.

Zakyath

Reaction score

yes, you're absolutely right. except for the part of apologizing to a drug. it was to all those he had mislead, while claiming that cannabis was worse than it actually is.

about trying, for the same reason as you eat fatty meat, drink soda or go to mcdonalds. it's enjoyable, and most of the time, not really a big deal.

FireCat

Reaction score
yes, you're absolutely right. except for the part of apologizing to a drug. it was to all those he had mislead, while claiming that cannabis was worse than it actually is.

about trying, for the same reason as you eat fatty meat, drink soda or go to mcdonalds. it's enjoyable, and most of the time, not really a big deal.
Ugh yuck! Thought some of you might enjoy this fatty food. But it isn't any good, either.
Anyway "weed are not completely harmless!" It won't ever be!

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
okay so who here actually doesn't like marijuana (neutral stances not considered)

Zakyath

Reaction score
Ugh yuck! Thought some of you might enjoy this fatty food. But it isn't any good, either.

for anyone who's using it for recreational purposes, no, it's not good. I think you'll have a hard time finding someone who'll say that it is.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score

Don't eat meat, don't eat veggies, don't eat fruits, don't eat.
Don't drink water, either.

They all have consequences. So just shut the fuck up and die already. You're pulling Earth's average intelligence down.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I mean, that depends on what you consider to be 'good.' Do the positives it provides outweigh the ramifications that come with its use? In most cases I've witnessed, the answer is 'yes,' so I'd say that it's good in that regard. It's no worse than television, just another source of entertainment, and the impact on one's health doesn't appear to be any worse than that of countless other things we do or ingest on a daily basis. It's not really one of those things that I'd lump into a good or bad pile, it's somewhere in between in that grayer area which is why legalizing it for recreational use has been such a struggle: no matter how much there is to support its legalization, there's still just as many of the issues that're still holding it back, and no amount of research will nullify those points. Until they have so much evidence in support of cannabis use that it outweighs and overwhelms the negative aspects of its legalization, people like myself will be stuck doing what we love in the shadows.

FireCat

Reaction score
Such a Grumpy TROLL I really pity you camelCase "you wanna a hug?"
"Don't" that's Just your own words!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.