Does anybody know how to gain map popularity?

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello,

Does anybody know how to gain map popularity?

One moment my map is playing 82 hours and the next day it's 0 hours
Seems this is unfair, because the most famous map are played like 100.000 hours and they're not going down to zero too

MissKerrigan

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Unfortunately, there is no easy answer. Gaining popularity is hard and it's one of the main complaints about the current popularity system. Getting to the top is next to impossible right now. You need to have a lot of popularity from elsewhere. Either because some popular person(Husky, Totalbiscuit) played your map and reviewed it or because you've been leaking information about it for a long time.

I don't know exactly how the system calculates the time played but I think it counts the time played in the last day or so. This means that since the famous maps are played like 10000 hours / day, they will keep around that popularity but if your map isn't played in a day, it'll jump down to 0 hours again.

Don't give up though, keep on striving to improve your map and your own skills. Next patch will bring a lot of changes to the battle.net custom scene. From what I understand, your maps will get a personal page where people can leave feedback and where you can write a more detailed explanation. It'll also have some kind of open lobby list which shows open lobbies sorted after when they were created, not their popularity.

I'll try out your map (Zombie Defence, right?) and tell you what I think :) You should also write a detailed post about it in SC2 Member's projects forum.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
The next patch will hopefully help fixing this problem. And just as Sirutu I'll be sure to test your map when I get the time :)
And please take the time to post a thread in the member's projects forum :) (also to breathe some life into that sector :lol: )

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.