Does anyone know where I can download this map or what powers and voices are in it ?

ElderKingpin

Post in the anime section, or die.
Reaction score
the very first power he uses is a AoE charm. i think you know how to do that.

along with that. he probably made the model

bOb666777

Stand against the ugly world domination face!
Reaction score
And he either made the voice (doubtful, unless computer modified to sound darker) or exported it from another game (most likely WoW?).

MrCrowley

Reaction score
Well..its actually illegal xD so there are no known tutorials on how to do so. Its also not supported here. Not only that but the WoW models are very high poly, even with the new 8mb max file size. And besides, the ingame models look fine, dont you think its a little unnecessary?. Also..the wow models...suck :D

If you want to be cheap, you could download the youtube video and steal the sounds manually.

As for the powers, im sure they can be recreated easily, and there are plenty of people on the helper willing to help :D

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Could you help me to clearify something. Taking models from wow and use them in wc3 isn't legal, neither is taking sound from units from what I've heard. But what about icons? I see people use wow icons in wc3 maps all the time.

MrCrowley

Reaction score
Well I dont know, im not sure if its illegal. However you are stealing models from a blizzard game, it doesnt make a difference if you import it into another blizzard game, its kind of immoral. Not only that but have you ever wondered why you never see tutorials, downloadable models, or even support about it? I always thought it was because its illegal.

But if people do use wow icons, how would blizzard ever know? Its like a 10 year old game, i dont think they check for that kind of stuff...so sure you could get away with any of that stuff.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Well, taking one dollar instead of 10 dollars is still stealing :p

Even if icons are easier and faster to make then models you're still taking material from that game and use them in something else.

gjcraig

Reaction score
Well..its actually illegal xD so there are no known tutorials on how to do so. Its also not supported here. Not only that but the WoW models are very high poly, even with the new 8mb max file size. And besides, the ingame models look fine, dont you think its a little unnecessary?. Also..the wow models...suck :D

If you want to be cheap, you could download the youtube video and steal the sounds manually.

As for the powers, im sure they can be recreated easily, and there are plenty of people on the helper willing to help :D

I don't want the model - just the sounds and the powers. Are the sounds from wow or are they in the world editor somewhere ? Does anyone know what base power I should use to start on to make mass charm and multi-shot frost bolt like in the vid ?

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Maybe he found some sounds and imported them. Then changed the lich's sonds with the imported ones. Very simple. If you want those sounds ask the creator of that video. Maybe he will give them to you

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
lal.... I don't remember Kelthuzad being that much powerful. If I remember correct from Warcraft III and Warcraft III The Frozen Throne he was a necromancer aiding Evil Arthas or something. Maybe his right hand at most but....Oh well....whatever why would someone follow the "lore" of warcraft anyway ^^ I mean seriously now how could the "Old Gods" lose to the Titans aka makes no sense to me....

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The model is imported ofc... There isn't such model in wc3

gjcraig

Reaction score
Maybe he found some sounds and imported them. Then changed the lich's sonds with the imported ones. Very simple. If you want those sounds ask the creator of that video. Maybe he will give them to you

I messaged him but got no responce - how do I import sounds - is there a tutorial I can read ?

Fun_

Reaction score
Do This

It is easy to import a sound (that you made that is). Go To The World Editor, hit up Import Manager, make a sound yourself (or music if you want to, by yourself). Then, import that sound file to The Blizzard World Editor. Hit import. Import The Sound. Click use as sound (or use as music, whatever). Then make a trigger that plays the sound and make the trigger work correctly. Try not using other people's sounds, music, etc., or Blizzard's sounds, etc., also. If you make your own sound, etc., then it is completely legal. Just use you own sound as music by doing this:

"Use As Music", on "Sound" or "Environment", or whatever.

gjcraig

Reaction score
It is easy to import a sound (that you made that is). Go To The World Editor, hit up Import Manager, make a sound yourself (or music if you want to, by yourself). Then, import that sound file to The Blizzard World Editor. Hit import. Import The Sound. Click use as sound (or use as music, whatever). Then make a trigger that plays the sound and make the trigger work correctly. Try not using other people's sounds, music, etc., or Blizzard's sounds, etc., also. If you make your own sound, etc., then it is completely legal. Just use you own sound as music by doing this:

"Use As Music", on "Sound" or "Environment", or whatever.

So can this be any mp3 ?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.