Does anyone still frequent this place?

midnight8

NUON & Atari VCS Forum Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have been away from my games for a while. My video games and hm radio equipment I have hoarded over the years and got out of control. I got so much that I could not use either of them. I have spent the last 3 weeks selling on ebay and eliminating most of my collections in an effort to keep what I actually wanted to play and be able to actually get to it. Have sold 3/4 of what I need too, but still have a couple more systems to sell and a bunch of Atari 2600 games going up in a lot tomorrow. Basically keeping, Nuon, Jaguar, handheld systems tg16 and sms I am thinking about getting one of those 3 in one systems that do NES SNES and genesis to keep around for just a few games. Hope to get to play my games and talk on my radios more now.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
This is more of a lurker forum. You can bet people read it by the view counts of the threads just not alot of posts. I still have an Atari Jaguar + CD and the Samsung n501 though it is on its last legs and I think I still have the forum released version of IS3. Don't ever play either system but I remember on the NUON my 2 big players were Merlin Racing and Ballistic.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
I play tempest and Merlin Racing and I have been playing around with the downloadable games tonight. Would kill for IS3, but when it comes up I just can't justify the cost for it even though I would love it. I play it on the Jag. I have 2 N501 players. I can't bring myself to get rid of them

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I personally think the Jag Version of IS2 is the best. If you want to play IS3 you can get a Playstation version.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
yea, I ditched the little Playstation stuff I had. Had a PS2 and a PSone slim machine but never played them so they are gone. I have a PSVita that I got in exchange for some classic games. Wonder if I can download IS3 for that. May check into it later. One day maybe I will fall into a Nuon version along with a Space Invaders XL. Never know. I have been burning games from the download section today. Got about 10 of the programs done, but a few of them just don't seem to be taking to my system. Gonna plug the other one up in a little while and see if they work on that one. Seems odd. I have done all of them the same. Some I have redone and they worked the second time I burned them, but some are not working even then.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
also discovered that my system does not seem to like the wingman controllers at least on these home brew games.

midnight8

Staff member
Reaction score
found out today that good quality cd-r makes a lot of difference. Lots of downloads that were not working, no do on better quality disc.

Stephen

NUON Lover!
Reaction score
Long time lurker here. I had good luck with Verbatim discs. I burned up two CD-RWs when working on my homebrew code. I kept hoping for a PC to Nuon serial cable to come out, but it never materialized.

grimm

Cool Member
Reaction score
I think you will need a lot of luck to find IS3 for the Nuon. I had some when i picked it up on ebay recently, but for a lot of money. I have not seen it on ebay previously. I think most who got the retail version (which i purchased) hold onto it. The nuon-dome version seems equally rare though.

Karyyk

Cool Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if "frequent" is the right word, but I do still drop in from time to time. I still have my N2000 and NUON games (sans IS3...needed some $...sadly).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.