US News Does bacon get any better than this? Breaded and Deep Fried Bacon

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
First there was Wendy's "Baconator," two quarter-pound burgers topped off with six strips of bacon. Hot 'n' juicy indeed.

Then J&D's smoky Bacon Salt, billed as delivering the flavor without the fat, the frying or the filthy kitchen, hit the shelves of Meijer, Jewel and other area grocery stores in September.

And this month, we saw the unveiling of breaded, deep-fried bacon -- dressed in country gravy -- at Risque Cafe in Lake View.

If we know anything about these strips of cured and smoked meat, it's this: Bacon is the new black.

It's a billion-dollar-a-year business and that's just retail sales alone.

At Risque Cafe, 3419 N. Clark, country-fried bacon ($6) is on the appetizer menu. Raw bacon strips are put in an egg wash, dredged in a heavily peppered flour and then deep fried in vegetable oil, says chef Andrew Niemeyer.

Last edited:

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Not necessarily. Scotland brought the world the deep-fried Mars Bar :p
...Or maybe that's a UK delicacy :rolleyes:

It's Scotland that introduced deep fried Mars Bars. Those are amazing if you haven't tried them. Get a bunch of mini Milky Way bars if you're in the US, and deep fry those suckers. Best dessert ever.

I would love to try the deep fried bacon with the same tangy sauce they use for fried onions. Mmm...I'm hungry now!

eellem1

Life is made of the little things, live it well
Reaction score
Oh ya!!!! Deep fried bacon the new vegetable and dipped in country gravy. Now that's the bomb:thdown:

OMGedDude

Reaction score
yay, now we should replace lettuce with bacon! Salad should be reworked into bacon salad! Yum, I can just feel my veins clogging :p

But in truth, i do enjoy eating bacon :)

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I love how everyone criticizes the bacon, when they probably eat stuff way worse than it. :D

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
If you don't want your bacon messed with, then head over to Bucktown's Chinaski's Bar, 1935 N. Damen, which offers all-you-can eat bacon on the first Monday of every month. For free.

Why don't I live in Chicago?!

And I'm gonna create something even crazier, breaded and deep fried lettuce!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.