Science Does Your Cat’s Butthole Touch Everything It Sits On? One Middle-Schooler Devised an Experiment to Find Out

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
While humans have butt cheeks, clothing, and a sense of modesty to prevent their buttholes from being on display all the time, cats just have tails (which they love to stick straight up in the air). As a result, you probably see your cat’s anus pretty often—and all that exposure might make you dwell on a certain distressing question: Is my cat’s foulest orifice brushing directly against my pillow, my kitchen counter, and every single other surface my cat perches on?

According to sixth-grader Kaeden Griffin, the answer is probably no. As PopSugar reports, Griffin launched an innovative experiment to find out just how much contact a cat’s butthole actually has with its surroundings. First, he and his mom, Kerry, covered the buttholes of their two cats—one medium-haired and one short-haired—with red, nontoxic lipstick. They then directed the well-trained pets to sit on sheets of paper placed over different surfaces and perform a series of actions, including sitting still, lying down, and jumping.

“They were compensated with lots of praise, pets, and their favorite treats, and the lipstick was removed with a baby wipe once we collected our data in just under 10 minutes,” Kerry Griffin wrote in a Facebook post.

The results of that data will likely provide some relief to easily grossed-out cat owners. The Griffins found no traces of lipstick after their medium-haired cat sat on the hard surfaces (nightstand and tile floor) or the soft surfaces (carpet, mattress, and pillow). The short-haired cat didn’t leave any lipstick on the hard surfaces, either, but there was a “slight smear” on the white bed sheet they had placed over the bed—definitely more of a problem for people who don’t wash their sheets as often as they should.

Read more here. (Mental Floss)

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the cat butthole does touch everything it sits on I could have told you that without research lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.