Science Does Your Cat’s Butthole Touch Everything It Sits On? One Middle-Schooler Devised an Experiment to Find Out

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
While humans have butt cheeks, clothing, and a sense of modesty to prevent their buttholes from being on display all the time, cats just have tails (which they love to stick straight up in the air). As a result, you probably see your cat’s anus pretty often—and all that exposure might make you dwell on a certain distressing question: Is my cat’s foulest orifice brushing directly against my pillow, my kitchen counter, and every single other surface my cat perches on?

According to sixth-grader Kaeden Griffin, the answer is probably no. As PopSugar reports, Griffin launched an innovative experiment to find out just how much contact a cat’s butthole actually has with its surroundings. First, he and his mom, Kerry, covered the buttholes of their two cats—one medium-haired and one short-haired—with red, nontoxic lipstick. They then directed the well-trained pets to sit on sheets of paper placed over different surfaces and perform a series of actions, including sitting still, lying down, and jumping.

“They were compensated with lots of praise, pets, and their favorite treats, and the lipstick was removed with a baby wipe once we collected our data in just under 10 minutes,” Kerry Griffin wrote in a Facebook post.

The results of that data will likely provide some relief to easily grossed-out cat owners. The Griffins found no traces of lipstick after their medium-haired cat sat on the hard surfaces (nightstand and tile floor) or the soft surfaces (carpet, mattress, and pillow). The short-haired cat didn’t leave any lipstick on the hard surfaces, either, but there was a “slight smear” on the white bed sheet they had placed over the bed—definitely more of a problem for people who don’t wash their sheets as often as they should.

Read more here. (Mental Floss)

The Helper

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, the cat butthole does touch everything it sits on I could have told you that without research lol.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My grandmother just passed away, she was 95. I might be going to Florida for a week.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I have a buddy in Florida who has an extra office space for me with a computer so I can do anything so likely I will be going up there wednesday or thursday
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    thank you Ghan
  • jonas jonas:
    Sorry for your loss
    +1
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm sorry to hear that bro
  • Varine Varine:
    Not to distract but is anyone aware of any software to help visually impaired people interact with their PC?
  • Varine Varine:
    Also what's the best way to ship a PC? Should I just wrap the fuck out of it in the case or put the components in static bags and wrapped up individually?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The GPU is the biggest danger typically.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Some of the pre-built vendors use expanding foam to fill in the case and secure the GPU. Otherwise it might be best to remove it and ship it separately.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Similar if the machine has a large tower CPU cooler installed. Those can experience huge forces and destroy the socket during shipment if they are heavy.
  • Varine Varine:
    So mainly just the heavier things that jut out? I'm planning on pulling out the SSD's too and anything that I don't have well secured. I'll probably be good leaving the motherboard and PSU screwed in there though if I bundle it up?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Yeah, I'd expect those to be fine. It's mainly the heavy stuff that is also long/tall where dropping the case would cause it to exert a ton of force on the mount. The motherboard will be fine screwed into the board unless the case itself is somehow severely damaged.
  • Varine Varine:
    I have the original packaging for it, so I was going to just put it back in there
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I have the boxes for the components though and so I don't want to have a bunch of loose shit bouncing around
  • The Helper The Helper:
    damn I just read that lol
  • The Helper The Helper:
    when i read up and saw spray in foam I was like oh shit
  • The Helper The Helper:
    going to do the last controller giveaway in the NUON Dome forum because I just cannot sell them since I got them for free from a deceased NUON Legend. It is my last one from that.

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome