Doing a public journal type thing (details inside)

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Greetings members of TH.Net!
I hope this is allowed since this is the writing section after all.
Tomorrow is the date I've chosen to kick tobacco cold turkey. Here I will be recording a small little journal day by day.

Why? Two reasons
1) Getting my thoughts on it out there will probably help me greatly
2) Maybe if someone reads of the hell of it, it will utterly scare them away from it.

Thanks for reading everyone; the first little entry will come tomorrow.

Wish me luck--I'm going to need it.
____________________________________________________---
Morning One

Not doing all to bad so far. The craving is there, but I fired up a game and got my mind focused on something else.

First Afternoon:

Still not all that bad. However, I dread tonight. At night was when I did it the most. Let's hope it goes alright.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Good luck! This is most certainly allowed here.

EDIT: TH.net will not help you with any health issues or risks that may arise in these journal entries, so if you are in serious need of medical attention, I recommend a real doctor. But for journalling sake, please, write, write!

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
haha this I realize :D ty

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Good luck, man. I've quit twice now, both times for periods of between 4-6 months, but somehow I always end up stuck back on 'em (usually 'cuz I run outta green and need something to smoke on). Method I've seen work on two people is to buy a big ol' bag and roll up a bunch of really small like... 0.4 gram joints. They catch you a bit of a buzz, and you can go outside and enjoy 'em like a cigarette.

Don't smoke weed? Hmm... E-cigs are halfway decent, and definitely help when you've really got that craving. Wal-Mart sells one called Mystic for about 6-7 dollars, comes with everything you need to smoke it, and it lasts for about two days. 'Bout the price of a pack of jacks.

From my experience, tomorrow won't be so bad - it'll suck when you wake up and wanna light one up first thing, but aside from that it's just a dull craving. Day three is the tricky one. You get past that and you're through with the worst of it.

Just don't smoke a cigarette a couple days in, or you'll slowly lose your resolve. I've seen it happen many times, dude. Good luck!

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Haha thanks Kev, but I didn't smoke: I chewed. Gross, I know.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Whew, only know one cat who chews. Good for you, man. I imagine it's similar withdrawal symptoms and what not so it probly won't be too different. Hope your morning went well!

Maybe gum? Candy? Somethin' to have in your mouth to help fight the craving might not be such a bad idea. Good luck with the first day!

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Thanks. Been about 12 hours so far, not bad at all so far. Just doing stuff to keep my mind busy. Gum is the key, or so I've found out.

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I had a friend in University who went from non-smoker to a whole King Size pack a day.
In under a month.
Interesting to see how this turns out.
Don't give up!

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Night one:
This, as I expected, is when it's starting to get a bit rough. Roommate and I are sitting around playing Diablo, which was usually when I'd use the stuff.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Dude, sorry I didn't see this last night! Man, I hope you stayed strong. I wish there were something I could do to make it easier on ya, but know that we're rooting for ya, bro'. We all are.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Dude, sorry I didn't see this last night! Man, I hope you stayed strong. I wish there were something I could do to make it easier on ya, but know that we're rooting for ya, bro'. We all are.
There is nothing that can make it easier lol, but knowing you are pulling for me is great, thank you!

Day 2:
Not doing bad at all. My boss has agreed to give me a few days off (she's a big supporter of quitting the habit) So I'm pretty much at home rockin' some D3, keeping my mind busy is the key, after all.

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Dude, true that. Good stuff, and since your boss gave you time off for it you've given yourself another reason to have to quit. That's a good idea, since the driving force will be more than just your will to quit; now if you start up again, you'll have let your boss down. Seeing as how she gave you the time off in the first place, I imagine you've got a good deal of respect for one another, and I know you won't let someone else down.

Good move. Keep up the D3, too. Hopefully my laptop can run it when I finally get it!

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
I heard drinking water whenever you feel any urge helps quite a bit.
You have an awesome boss. That is all.
Day 3 coming up, don't give in now!

Fatmankev

Reaction score
Some public journal ;)

Where you at, man? How you doing? Man, how are you feeling? Withdrawal from anything, especially a strongly addictive substance like nicotine, and be pretty damn rough. I know I get fuckin' pissed at little ass shit when I'm dealing with it. Just try not to be too hard on your friends and family, and try to get them to be a little understanding of your situation.

I hope you haven't given in!

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Still doing alright. Days 3 and 4 were absolute hell; I was vomiting, had a fever, and was shaking. My gums are starting to heal themselves, which makes it feel like I've got bugs crawling around in my mouth. Today, however, I'm doing quite well. No relapses, and hopefully won't ever.

C-Death

I love you
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been posting much as of late, been sort of busy. Anyways, I'm happy to report that I've had ZERO relapses. I don't even really "crave" it much anymore. So far since I've quit, I've saved about $200. It's a great feeling not to be a slave to it anymore. Thanks everyone for your kind words of support.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.