World Dolphins granted personhood by government of India

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Dolphins have been granted “non-human personhood” status by the government of India, making India the first nation in the world to recognize the unique intelligence and self-awareness of the cetacean order (a class of aquatic mammals).

The decision was announced by India’s Minister of the Environment and Forests which also outlawed captive dolphin shows. The ministry added that dolphins “should have their own specific rights.”

Dolphins are extremely intelligent mammals with a highly-developed social structure. Recent research shows that dolphins call each other by name and can remember the unique name whistles from old “friends” heard just one time 20 years ago.

dolphinperson.jpg

That's Just Cool!

Last edited by a moderator:

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Go India!

That gave me a warm, fuzzy feeling.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Cool stuff. Lol'd at:
The idea of violently kidnapping these intelligent mammals from their wild habitat and forcing them to engage in parlor tricks for an audience of sunburned, nutrient-depleted vaccine-damaged ice cream-licking over-medicated drooling human children is wildly offensive to all intelligent beings (meaning the dolphins).

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
So.. If I rape a female dolphin.. Do I get charged with human rape, animal rape or both?

Solu9

Reaction score
I'm sorry camel, but I think you will be the one getting raped.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
That depends CC, did the dolphin like it?
And more importantly, are you a good looking woman? In that case you will never be charged for rape.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
And more importantly, are you a good looking woman? In that case you will never be charged for rape.

mwahahahahaha. That is all.

Zakyath

Reaction score
I think this "animals are smart"-talk is misleading. a dolphin is smart compared to a rock or an apple, but compared to a person...? nah.

camelCase

Reaction score

I'm not a good looking woman. Say the dolphin enjoyed it but I get charged anyway, which will it be?

Solu9

Reaction score
I think this "animals are smart"-talk is misleading. a dolphin is smart compared to a rock or an apple, but compared to a person...? nah.

Compared to a lot of people then yeah they kinda are. Although the article is VERY pro dolphin "personhood". It has some good points.

When was the last time you saw, or heard of, a dolphin gun down a guy on the street for the couple of bucks in his wallet?
I will agree with you next time I see a dolphin on the television saying: "Creating the nuclear bomb was a mistake, we are sorry."

I'm not a good looking woman. Say the dolphin enjoyed it but I get charged anyway, which will it be?
Hm. Is it rape if the dolphin liked it? o_O

Zakyath

Reaction score
Compared to a lot of people then yeah they kinda are. Although the article is VERY pro dolphin "personhood". It has some good points.

When was the last time you saw, or heard of, a dolphin gun down a guy on the street for the couple of bucks in his wallet?
I will agree with you next time I see a dolphin on the television saying: "Creating the nuclear bomb was a mistake, we are sorry."

Hm. Is it rape if the dolphin liked it? o_O

dolphins don't have thumbs, all your arguments are invalid. and intelligence when it comes to animals doesn't boil down to making ethically right or wrong decisions, it's about determining cognitive capacity.

Solu9

Reaction score
dolphins don't have thumbs, all your arguments are invalid. and intelligence when it comes to animals doesn't boil down to making ethically right or wrong decisions, it's about determining cognitive capacity.

Alright. Ethics aside, and dolphins for that matter.
This is a game played by a chimp. Well read for yourself.
http://games.lumosity.com/chimp.html
Try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyph

Occasional News Reader
Reaction score
No, actually dolphins are smart, even compared with people. The only difference is people have a few traits that make passing of knowledge and development of technology easier.

camelCase

Reaction score
I got a legit response from an Indian friend of mine, lol. He says that, by Indian law, rape can only happen to "women" and not "just any human". It all boils down to weather a female dolphin, granted personhood, can be considered a woman.

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I got a legit response from an Indian friend of mine, lol. He says that, by Indian law, rape can only happen to "women" and not "just any human". It all boils down to weather a female dolphin, granted personhood, can be considered a woman.

Wait. Men can't be raped in India?

camelCase

Reaction score
Not that I know of, a Google search might clear that up but I'm not interested enough =P To be fair, Indian men have raped and killed women really brutally..

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
Yeah, and that is completely messed up. One day they'll fight back!

Btw: Zakyath Dolphins are second smartest animals In World... after humans!
They have self-awareness and "complex emotions" etc..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.