Domain name registrations that didn't make much sense to me.

Wargasm

Administrator
Staff member
So why does Warner Brothers registers domain names like :
  • botmiv.com
  • gxoxt.com

I have no idea and judging the names i assume someone was sniffing glue.

The same could be said by the person at Time Warner who registered : robotunicornattackevolution.com
Moving on to Bacardi Rum (yarrrr) they registered bacardimediacentre.com. Instead of sniffing glue these peeps at Barcadi been drinking to much rum or are they really gnna develop a Bacardi Media Centre ?
That's gonna be one intresting media centre for sure.

Moving on to RIM.
  • blackberryleague.com
  • blackberrycontact.com
  • blackberryleague.com
  • blackberry-free.com (
i would like one of those!)
It was a boring friday afternoon at the RIM offices ? Who knows.

And then we have TMOBILESUCKS.COM. I am not sure wich company registered this domain name. I am sure it is company since the Registrar is Markmonitor and those guys ain't cheap for sure.

The last domain name registration i am going to mention is knowyourdem.com by the Republican Party. I would have thought by now they knew who Obama was but i couldbe wrong ;)

Incase you want to verify the WHOIS on the above mention domain names checkout : http://www.domaintools.com/

Have a great weekend.

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Despite what the author of that website thinks, Robot Unicorn Attack is not something you see when you're on acid. It's actually a very kick ass game for the manliest of men. The music alone got me addicted to the game.

For anyone interested in the game:

http://www.funnygames.co.uk/robot-unicorn-attack.htm

But beware. IT IS HIGHLY ADDICTING

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Sorry guys but I saw a lot of those "news" lately. And I wonder why it's important to post those or what news value they do have..

I like to read the news but those really don't belong on the news page.

That's my opinion,

cheers

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Sorry guys but I saw a lot of those "news" lately. And I wonder why it's important to post those or what news value they do have..

I like to read the news but those really don't belong on the news page.

That's my opinion,

cheers
Funny, I was thinking the same damn thing. People keep posting this nonsense, and it's not news. `No offense to those who post them, but they're nothing but eyesores in my eyes. Gimme some more articles like them big-headed ants =] That was neat stuff.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
This is an open public forum, people post news here which they find interesting. You can just ignore it if you dont agree with their oppinion.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Well, new information of any kind "that's what news is"
I meant it wasn't news worth reading. I could read about a man buying a new car and it could technically be considered news, but it wouldn't be worth reading about. I understand the definition of news, though =]

Anywho, maybe I just don't get the relevance of it. Perhaps if someone were to share its significance with me, I'd better be able to appreciate it. Regardless, he does have every right to post it here, I really didn't mean any offense. Glad you're able to enjoy it.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like to read these posts, as I am someone who works a lot with the internet, and I know there are many others here who own domains and may show similar interest.

As Wargasm said, no one is forcing you to read these ;)

Wargasm

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah looks like it UD. Seems the SC2 dota willbe called Blizzard All Stars. least the domain name would suggest so. Blizzard normally does not register tons of domain names and then picks one . they usually carefully come up with a domain name, then register it and usually it gets used.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
I meant it wasn't news worth reading. I could read about a man buying a new car and it could technically be considered news, but it wouldn't be worth reading about. [...]
Funny enough such stories often end up here as well.
People fighting in restaurants, people getting arrested by the police for some random sh*t they were doing and alike.
There are too many newsarticles here with much less content then this one.

You just shouldnt look too seriously at the news sub-forum here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    check out this place apparently it is the best roommate site out there roommates.com lol
  • Varine Varine:
    The homeless people reminded me of New York
  • Varine Varine:
    I'll check it out, my lease expires in like a few months so I need to figure something out.
  • Varine Varine:
    I tried to open a food truck in Sandpoint a few years ago but the city said no, then like two years later they passed new laws to encourage it and gave them all fucking tax breaks and shit. And at that point I didn't have enough money to go buy one so I was way too late to the game once other cities realized they could just bring their existing truck there, or sell their brick and mortar.
  • Varine Varine:
    I do like food trucks though, they're way more fun than restaurants and usually I also get some of that tip money there.
  • Varine Varine:
    Restaurants are really hard if you don't have a back up source of income to fund them sometimes, in my experience most owners either got really really lucky, had existing money that allowed them to buy an already successful one, or they have family money to fall back on for loans. It's few and far between to see very inspiring success stories where the person actually got it through hard work and perseverance. I thought about opening one lots and I always just end up not thinking it'll work. I would much rather just find someone that has that money and go work for them
  • The Helper The Helper:
    i am not talking about opening a brick and mortar I am talking about food trucks though I have seen some brick and mortar mexican places open up during covid that are doing good because there food is awesome!
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Food trucks are killing out here because Bars cannot open unless they sell food and the governor ok'd the use of a food truck in front as serving food
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Just not enough food trucks
  • The Helper The Helper:
    a buddy of mine just opened up a food truck and he is killing it but he is a great cook and has awesome food right in the middle of the pandemic too food trucks are immune to pandemic because they are take out in Texas you will always be able to get take out or delivery
  • The Helper The Helper:
    He is in the different food facebook groups in houston and posts videos of him making his food
  • The Helper The Helper:
    he is killing it
  • jonas jonas:
    @Varine with the restaurants, there surely is a lot of luck and hard work but most restaurants fail because they suck. Flair isn't right, economics not well thought through, food is mediocre or sucks, location is bad, etc. If you're thinking about opening one, make sure you're looking at the stories of those that would be playing at your level, don't let your hopes be dragged down by all the subpar restaurants out there.
  • jonas jonas:
    I'm a bit worried about the future of data science, there's an influx of incompetent people hired by incompetent managers, that can't last. But I'm sure smart data scientists will always be useful and hireable. Same as smart security people.
  • jonas jonas:
    My sister in law worked in a vegan food truck, the owners were also making a killing, added several trucks and opened two restaurants over 5 years
  • Ghan Ghan:
    The CompTIA stuff is pretty much crap unfortunately. The places that ask for those low-level certs aren't likely places you want to work. For IT you really want a degree, but in the meantime you need to figure out some way to learn the skills. Cybersecurity is really hot right now so competition is fierce.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    I realized I don't have anything much to say, other than "Good luck!". Compared to other places, I'm just very lucky we didn't have a lot of surges of cases coming in.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    My daughter just got back from school at Georgetown TX, outside of Austin and said there were 100 cases in the last week but she also said nobody was wearing a mask anywhere so people mask up and stay safe!
    +2
  • thewrongvine thewrongvine:
    happy thanksgiving folks!
    +1
  • Ralle Ralle:
    PLOOB
  • Varine Varine:
    @Gyah Yeah I figured they aren't particularly valuable, but they'll at the least act as a baseline for some entry level work somewhere.
  • Varine Varine:
    I now see how horribly I spelled @Ghan
  • Varine Varine:
    I had a rough morning
  • The Helper The Helper:
    that field is going to explode and though there is competition there is going to be room for all levels in the coming years imho.
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Why are we competing for rough mornings? :(

Staff online

• Ghan
      Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop