Domain name registrations that didn't make much sense to me.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
So why does Warner Brothers registers domain names like :
  • botmiv.com
  • gxoxt.com

I have no idea and judging the names i assume someone was sniffing glue.

The same could be said by the person at Time Warner who registered : robotunicornattackevolution.com
Moving on to Bacardi Rum (yarrrr) they registered bacardimediacentre.com. Instead of sniffing glue these peeps at Barcadi been drinking to much rum or are they really gnna develop a Bacardi Media Centre ?
That's gonna be one intresting media centre for sure.

Moving on to RIM.
  • blackberryleague.com
  • blackberrycontact.com
  • blackberryleague.com
  • blackberry-free.com (
i would like one of those!)
It was a boring friday afternoon at the RIM offices ? Who knows.

And then we have TMOBILESUCKS.COM. I am not sure wich company registered this domain name. I am sure it is company since the Registrar is Markmonitor and those guys ain't cheap for sure.

The last domain name registration i am going to mention is knowyourdem.com by the Republican Party. I would have thought by now they knew who Obama was but i couldbe wrong ;)

Incase you want to verify the WHOIS on the above mention domain names checkout : http://www.domaintools.com/

Have a great weekend.

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I decided to poke around some more and post an additional overview with different registrations here : dead link removed
Enjoy !

Last edited by a moderator:

shinami

Redirect your complaints to the nearest wall
Reaction score
Despite what the author of that website thinks, Robot Unicorn Attack is not something you see when you're on acid. It's actually a very kick ass game for the manliest of men. The music alone got me addicted to the game.

For anyone interested in the game:

http://www.funnygames.co.uk/robot-unicorn-attack.htm

But beware. IT IS HIGHLY ADDICTING

Cilla

is watching you! Ahh, fresh meat!
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I saw a lot of those "news" lately. And I wonder why it's important to post those or what news value they do have..

I like to read the news but those really don't belong on the news page.

That's my opinion,

cheers

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Sorry guys but I saw a lot of those "news" lately. And I wonder why it's important to post those or what news value they do have..

I like to read the news but those really don't belong on the news page.

That's my opinion,

cheers

Funny, I was thinking the same damn thing. People keep posting this nonsense, and it's not news. `No offense to those who post them, but they're nothing but eyesores in my eyes. Gimme some more articles like them big-headed ants =] That was neat stuff.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an open public forum, people post news here which they find interesting. You can just ignore it if you dont agree with their oppinion.

Fatmankev

Chef, Writer, and Midnight Toker
Reaction score
Well, new information of any kind "that's what news is"

I meant it wasn't news worth reading. I could read about a man buying a new car and it could technically be considered news, but it wouldn't be worth reading about. I understand the definition of news, though =]

Anywho, maybe I just don't get the relevance of it. Perhaps if someone were to share its significance with me, I'd better be able to appreciate it. Regardless, he does have every right to post it here, I really didn't mean any offense. Glad you're able to enjoy it.

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like to read these posts, as I am someone who works a lot with the internet, and I know there are many others here who own domains and may show similar interest.

As Wargasm said, no one is forcing you to read these ;)

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
dead link removed ;) Thought i mention this one since TH orginally started out as a Blizzard tech support site ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Wargasm

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Yeah looks like it UD. Seems the SC2 dota willbe called Blizzard All Stars. least the domain name would suggest so. Blizzard normally does not register tons of domain names and then picks one . they usually carefully come up with a domain name, then register it and usually it gets used.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I meant it wasn't news worth reading. I could read about a man buying a new car and it could technically be considered news, but it wouldn't be worth reading about. [...]
Funny enough such stories often end up here as well.
People fighting in restaurants, people getting arrested by the police for some random sh*t they were doing and alike.
There are too many newsarticles here with much less content then this one.

You just shouldnt look too seriously at the news sub-forum here.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.