Discussion Dominoes Pizza Going Down?

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I normally don't order Pizza but last night I had to find something quick for my kids and decided to try Dominoes. I had to go to the store so I decided to try and pick it up. I called the Dominoes line, got some dumbass recording that made the call take twice as long as it had then to get to the point that one Large Cheese Pizza would be ready for pickup in 45 to 50 minutes. 45 to 50 minutes? WTF? I went to get someone live, ended up on the line with someone who obviously was not at that store who was trying to get all my information and I just said man they said it would take 45 to 50 minutes to pick up a Pizza. The guy said yup, 45 to 50 minutes, I just said you have got to be crazy, 45 to 50 minutes is way too long and hung up. I don't know who hung up first, me or him. They did not give a crap about my call and obviously thought that almost an hour to pick up a Pizza was normal.

If that is the general consensus around that place I can tell you that they are going down and don't let them blame it on the financial crisis. It is because they suck, imho :D

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Dominos in the UK is really good.

I used to get Pizza from Pizza Hut, but they didn't deliver to my area. (Too far away).
Then I tried Dominos. Their closest store is further away than Pizza Huts, but they do deliveries. They also include a lot of good deals (20% off if you order over £20), and they deliver in about 20 minutes.

I do agree though.. 45-50 minutes is ridiculous.
Did you get the Pizza eventually?

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
The guy said yup, 45 to 50 minutes, I just said you have got to be crazy, 45 to 50 minutes is way too long and hung up. I don't know who hung up first, me or him. They did not give a crap about my call and obviously thought that almost an hour to pick up a Pizza was normal.
Oh that long ... maybe it was alot of order on just
the same pizza you wanted .. :p

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Delivery sucks. Move to New York City if you want pizza.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
I hate huge ass pizza chains... Their pizza taste like crap and there cost is incredible.
Local Businesses and Smaller Pizza Chains crush Pizza hut, Dominoes and Papa Johns - In my opinon

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
It was not for delivery it was for Pick Up. I was going to go and pick it up at the store. They did not even have to deliver it. If it was delivery it probably would have been an hour and a half. I never ordered the Pizza because I am not going to pay someone for sucking like that.

I ended up buying a frozen pizza - Dijourno 4 chesse or however you spell it which still took about 45 to 50 minutes since I had to buy it and cook it but it was not too bad. Screw Dominoes and there 13 dollar 45 to 50 minute pizza that they were not even having to deliver.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
the DOminos by me is bad ass

30 minutes top, delivered to my door, and the pizza is imaculate

but then again - Target has some bad ass Target brand pizzas for under 3 dollars we get :) bbq chicken and sausage ftw!

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
The Domino's around here are pretty good too. Usually no more than 30 minutes for a delivery and the 5 5 5 (Now 5.55) deal is amazing.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
4 Larges last night. 20 min.
And it was f*cking good.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like it is just my Dominoes sucking it up. Figures....

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
For me, it's Pizza Hut. They're too far away to order from, so we (my family and I) only eat there when we're in that part of town. They've gotten our order wrong 3 times, and they gave us our order for free 3 times.

Not that I'm complaining (free pizza is always awesome:p), I'm just saying it's weird that 3 / 4 times it's been wrong.

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Well lucky for me , the pizza hut near me is very quick and not that costy.
10 - 25 minutes max - £7.50 for a large pizza

Ive never tried dominoes pizza, but all my friends say its cheap and its very nice.

Im going to stick with pizza hut because :
1) - its local
2) - its cheap
3) - i sometimes get discounts if my friends dad is working that shift.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Personally, I prefer Pizza Hut myself, but the kids like Dominoes.

Vestras

Retired
Reaction score
Stop complaining, the pizza places close to me takes ages to finish their jobs. About 1h and 10 - 20m. Guess the prize.. About 30 - 40$ per pizza.

Yeah, Denmark sucks ass. Never go to this fvckcountry.
(It's not just the pizzas)

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I usually go with the small local chains or independent places. I hear that in some places it's all big chains but in my city there are probably a hundred independent ones.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Yeah, Domino's sucks ass.

Same thing happened to my brother, just slightly worse. My brother came home craving pizza, so we decided to get the 555 deal (3 medium pizzas or more for $5 dollars each). So we called, and they said it would take one hour to an hour and a half. Yup. So we said ok. The hour and a half comes up, we call to check the order, "They're on their way". It's not even that far btw. We wait another 15 minutes. I call, and they say "5 minutes, driver is about to get there, please be ready". I was seriously pissed, but didn't say anything back. 2 hours since we ordered and the damn driver isn't here. I called to cancel and she took her sweet ass time doing who knows what to cancel it. She asked if I wanted to wait 1 more minute because the driver was right by my house, and I said know. We ordered 5 pizzas btw. So we were still damn hungry and went to pizza hut with the same deal about 4 blocks from our house. We wanted domino's cause we get Pizza hut all the time. So we went, bought 5 pizzas, and in 20 minutes we were back home.

Screw you domino's.

Jindo

Self
Reaction score
Dominoes in the UK is fine, I live a few minutes away from a store, but I found some nice American recipes for some really nice, large pizzas, they tend to take about an hour and a half to make (I'm no master chef) but it's worth it ;P.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
It usually takes 20-50 minutes from any pizza joint around here. Sometimes they feel like making it faster than other days, I suppose.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.