Discussion Dominoes Pizza Going Down?

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
I used to love it, now I barely like it. Once a month pizza, maybe...
Wow, I thought I would be the only person here who didn't like pizza. I'll eat it if I'm starving and there's nothing else on offer, but it has to have excess meat and minimal - if any - tomato related items on it. I detest tomato sauce for some reason.

Also, my local pizza place serves up what is essentially greasy bread. Or grease burgers. Or grease pasta. Most takeaways around here are Asian cuisine and their pizza is often worse, while the only Dominos in town doesn't do deliveries and the Pizza hut is a restaurant with terrible service and no takeout option.

But then, I live in England, where the main take-out of choice is Fish 'n Chips :rolleyes:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Yeah, every time I buy it, it's just bread and sauce. Nasty. :thdown:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Tips are different however. It's special service to you. They may be getting paid to do it, but they can be unhelpful and rude or w/e. If they're nice and give what you need, why not tip them?

My dad was a driver for Domino's for a while. He would deliver the pizza right on time and try to get there as early as possible and he would get a good tip =D

Zakyath

Reaction score
>If they're nice and give what you need, why not tip them?

Just because they are being nice? hm. Do you tip the guys at McDonalds if they are being nice?

>I used to love it, now I barely like it. Once a month pizza, maybe...

I think it was in November; I ate pizza 14 days in a row. Then I got sick, couldn't eat the day after. But I ate pizza the day after that.

I haven't eaten pizza in far too long now :(

esb

Reaction score
There's not much chance of them being nice or not. It's just order, ask for ketchup, leave.
You depend on the deliver guy to get your pizza on time. I never tip anyway so...

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Not my problem, I was told 30 minutes or less.

It does say on the box:

"Please allow more than 30 minutes in certain situations. Safety is our number 1 priority."

It says something similar to that.

So i can see when it is like 10 minutes late.

But once we get to like 15 minutes late...its done..lol

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
It does say on the box:

"Please allow more than 30 minutes in certain situations. Safety is our number 1 priority."

It says something similar to that.

So i can see when it is like 10 minutes late.

But once we get to like 15 minutes late...its done..lol

It also says 30 minutes or less on the box. And total satisfaction guaranteed. I was unsatisfied with mine last time. There was a puddle of grease in the middle of it.

esb

Reaction score
Then isn't that false advertisement? When they have 30 minutes or less, but you call and say you wait from 40 minutes to and hour and a half? (Like I have in the past).

I would feel stupid if I owned a company like that. Then again, I wouldn't care because I would have a lot of money...or so I think.

Varine

Reaction score
Then isn't that false advertisement? When they have 30 minutes or less, but you call and say you wait from 40 minutes to and hour and a half? (Like I have in the past).

I would feel stupid if I owned a company like that. Then again, I wouldn't care because I would have a lot of money...or so I think.

They put fine print in the commercials probably.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Pretty sure they got rid of that line, haven't seen it in any commercials lately.

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
It also says 30 minutes or less on the box. And total satisfaction guaranteed. I was unsatisfied with mine last time. There was a puddle of grease in the middle of it.

Holy Crap! Are you serious? I would of went back to the store and went WTF is this? lol

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it doesn't say 30 minutes or less anymore on the box. D:
At least not around here, lol.

esb

Reaction score
Dominos Delivery Marketing Scam, You Got 30 Minutes

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/952433/the_dominos_30_minute_guarantee.html

con_dominos30minutes.jpg

http://www.dominos.com/home/index.jsp
Because safety is a priority, "You Got 30 Minutes™" is not a guarantee, but an estimate. You may get more. Minimum purchase required for delivery.

Varine

Reaction score
I've just returned from a 2 week vacation in Florida and I have come to realise that the attitudes to tipping are much different in the US to the UK.

Yes. We are cheapasses who expect actual service.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.