Doodad Glow - Like Torch Glowing

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Is there any way to get the glowing effect, like what torch glowing has as a individual dodad? Resizing the torch does not work, and Im not sure if it already exists or not.

I_RULE_YOU

Reaction score
Well, if that's the case then perhaps you can add an art of a torch to your hero, might look ugly though.

Draphoelix

It's not the wintercold that's killing me
Reaction score
Can't you spam torch in a bigger area, but use CTRL + Page Down to hide it below the terrain/ground?

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Well, if that's the case then perhaps you can add an art of a torch to your hero, might look ugly though.

Im not adding to a hero, i need a doodad, to place around areas, for glow.

Can't you spam torch in a bigger area, but use CTRL + Page Down to hide it below the terrain/ground?

Problem is, it wont always be glowing on the ground (building windows, etc..)

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
Take a Post Lantern (Village) and set it's Default Scale to 0.01. The lantern is gone and the light remains.
You can raise it and it works... more or less, just don't expect perfect results. Warcraft's "lightning system" acts rather random.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
Take a Post Lantern (Village) and set it's Default Scale to 0.01. The lantern is gone and the light remains.
You can raise it and it works... more or less, just don't expect perfect results. Warcraft's "lightning system" acts rather random.

better than the torch, but the lgiht also got scaled, so, it really wont work. Though i can manage without it.

2-P

I will work hard tomorrow
Reaction score
>"but the light also got scaled"

Or maybe it just sunk into the ground because the attachment point is lower? Raise it. =)

Merowlin

Reaction score
noob question ahead:
how do you change the default scale? when I click on the doodad the smallest one I can get is 80.00 (%) :O

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
noob question ahead:
how do you change the default scale? when I click on the doodad the smallest one I can get is 80.00 (%) :O

In the object editor under the doodad tab, you can change most values of doodads, Default Scale being one. might have to change Minimum and Maximum scale aswell.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.