Doodad limit + hosting problem

Bananarama1

Reaction score
Hey!

While i was browsing through editor, extremely bored, i stumbled upon Object manager. To my dismay, i saw that there was a limit on how many trees you could put down, and that i was not far away from that limit. I have only terrained half of the map, and im 4/5 towards the tree limit. Is there any way to disable the limit / make it bigger? Im screwed if not :-(

My other problem is that i have realised i can't host games in battle.net. I can join any game, but when i click create game, no-one can find it or join it, even through LaN. Helps?

Cheers!

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
Hey!

While i was browsing through editor, extremely bored, i stumbled upon Object manager. To my dismay, i saw that there was a limit on how many trees you could put down, and that i was not far away from that limit. I have only terrained half of the map, and im 4/5 towards the tree limit. Is there any way to disable the limit / make it bigger? Im screwed if not :-(

My other problem is that i have realised i can't host games in battle.net. I can join any game, but when i click create game, no-one can find it or join it, even through LaN. Helps?

Cheers!

1 - download JassNewGenPack... the NewGen broke the limit of doodads

2 - Probably your firewall or/and your portforwards, you'll need to open it... warcraft use 6112 and 6119

Edit: here something which will help you

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
If you are using vista you can't host because vista is strange.

For the tree thing I have heard of something called UWE or WEU or something... It's a world editor that let's you exceed limits. I don't recommend this though because limits are there for a reason.

EDIT: right....newgen... I'm using that too lol

Bananarama1

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

Edit: If i exceed the limit allowed for normal maps, will i only be able to play it using NewGen Warcraft?

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
Guessing but no. Normal Warcraft 3 will work but you'll have to use newgen. Once again I'm guessing

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
there aint anything called "newgen warcraft" Jass NewGen is a third party programm which hacks into your world editor and changes some values. you are still using your warcraft world edit its just altered by newgen. and of course you can play your games with regular warcraft III.

Bananarama1

Reaction score
In the NewGen i just downloaded there is a NewGen World Editor, and also an application called NewGen Warcraft, which has the Frozen Throne icon with the NewGen icon on it, that was what made me think that.

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah, well there is some stuff that only work in the Newgen Warcraft, but it's only for debugging stuff and such ;) Nothing to worry about :D

Avaleirra

Is back. Probably.
Reaction score
So am I like magical if I only use Vista and I can host on my computers (different houses)?

Ya you are magical. Most of my friends have vista including myself and we can't see each others games. Only my friends with xp can host and we can see his games.

/offtopic
sorry

Laiev

Hey Listen!!
Reaction score
the OS don't matter much -.-'

see that tutorial which i have linked some posts belong...

Bananarama1

Reaction score
Bump (sorry for double post). Really need help with why it still won't let me have more doodads even with Newgen WE like you guys said.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Untitled-3.jpg

Make sure "no limits" is checked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.