Door trouble

W

Winterous

I've been trying to make a door test to figure out how to use them, i've checked the forums vigorously, and some of the information i've found helped, but there's still a problem.

I've got a marine standing by the door, and all's well when the door opens, but it closes immediately after the trigger executes, the trigger is as follows:

Both are set for all players

Trigger one - door open
CONDITIONS:
- Current player brings at least 1 any unit to 'location 0'.
ACTIONS:
- Disable doodad state for left upper level door for all players at 'location 0'.
- Preserve trigger.

Trigger two - door close
CONDITIONS:
- Current player brings exactly 0 any unit to 'location 0'.
ACTIONS:
- Enable doodad state for left upper level door for all players at 'location 0'.
- Preserve trigger.

Keep in mind i have made sure that the location is correctly placed adn all that stuff, the problem is the door closes even if the man is still there.

Please help, this is frustrating.
Cheers

F

-fool-

try adding waits to the end of each trigger.

Code:
CONDITIONS:
- Current player brings at least 1 any unit to 'location 0'.
ACTIONS:
- Disable doodad state for left upper level door for all players at 'location 0'.
- Wait 5000.
- Preserve trigger.

see if that helps

W

Winterous

That didn't work, it just delayed it, but for some reason it wouldn't close untill he was halfway through the door sometimes...

V

victimchild

Well, then try using two seperate locations. One on each side of the door. The only trouble with that is that he can only go through it one way, unless you make it a toggle doodad state trigger.

R

Roy_Gallant

Did you make sure "Location 0" was covering the whole door? if it's just 1 tiny spot then when the unit is crossing the door, he will leave the location and the door will close.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.