Dota 2 - Valve

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Cant wait for this, i used to dota 24/7 like 5 years ago. although when i tried playing again recently i was pretty dissapoint with the changes.
i know they said dota 2 is going to start off as an exact replica and continue through patches, but im still hoping its going to be more like old dota from like 5 years ago where it wasn't so noob-friendly

also @Bloodcount's old post, LOLOLOLOLOL. Halo is bigger than CoD in the competitive scene, and im pretty sure 1 million dollars can break anything.... Thats 250k per person, even more than the currently highest paying sc2 tournies and starcraft is without a doubt the largest e-sport on the market.

Maybe we can see a return of x6 and Team Pandemic with the release of this, those were always my 2 favourite teams till they went bankrupt/disbanded.

Also, does anyone know where i can stream the dota2 tourny???

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
I feel like some of these teams are going into this tournament without a single ounce of thought. First pick Weaver? Seriously!?

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
Gah timezones ftl. these times are so inconvenient for me. hopefully i can get some of the games in live.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Alright so, only one thing I need to say about DotA 2.

DotA 2 is better than HoN in a bad way, copying DotA. Think about that.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah but they get to call themselves DotA 2.

Ha, looking at some of the matches, like Scythe vs GGnet, I feel sorry for some teams. Some of them fail so miserably.

But it looks pretty cool. The graphics are like a combination of HoN and LoL in my opinion. Seems fun. Too bad it isn't free.

Once again, it seems Anti-Mage is overpowered, ha. One thing I don't like though is that there's no big explosion and fireworks at end, 3:

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
*cough*League of Legends*cough*.

Seriously, they're kinda behind on the dotawagon

LoL isnt that good. Eul and Guinsoo may have been the original creators of dota but icefrog is the one who made it what it is. Dota is probably the most balanced game i have ever played after blizz games. And considering he is technically the guy who made dota big enough for there to be a dota bandwagon and dotaclones to be made, i dont see how anybody can make that statement.

i cant watch the games though... poopy inet and laptop cant hold out. i get home tomorrow though so im going to watch all the finals and semis and losers things in HD :D

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
also @Bloodcount's old post, LOLOLOLOLOL. Halo is bigger than CoD in the competitive scene

i seriously doubt halo is bigger than cod, why? because i play cod competitively and i know in the PC community that cod is probably the most competitive fps game today.

Jedimindtrixxx

┻━┻ ︵ ¯\(ツ)/¯ ︵ ┻━┻
Reaction score
i seriously doubt halo is bigger than cod, why? because i play cod competitively and i know in the PC community that cod is probably the most competitive fps game today.

im talking about consoles. on the pc i heard counter strike is bigger than cod in terms of competition. on consoles though halo is extremely bigger than cod

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score

Can you share a few worlds about what is to play CoD competitievly ? i am interested in e-sport and I'd love to hear about it.

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
im talking about consoles. on the pc i heard counter strike is bigger than cod in terms of competition. on consoles though halo is extremely bigger than cod

CS:S is dying out a lil but still has faithful watchers. Not sure if PC CoD surpassed it.

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score
Can you share a few worlds about what is to play CoD competitievly ? i am interested in e-sport and I'd love to hear about it.

well i play Cod4 and 2 competitively and like starcraft my team gets invited into invitational leagues with prize money. However if you have ever seen people with "montages" on youtube they are not what the competitive gameplay will look like, we use mods for the game which basically strips most of the environmental effects, perks and such. You will have to learn the spots to land your grenades precisely and know where to wall bang which leads to knowing how to get around places without getting killed nades or wallbang. But on the really high level of gameplay its all about the reaction, being smarter than your opponent and being able to "clutch".

But back on topic, the dota 2 tournament was held at gamescon right? who won :O

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
But back on topic, the dota 2 tournament was held at gamescon right? who won :O

Na'vi won, very easily too. I felt like most the teams played like shit, but perhaps that is because of the different engine/graphics.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
So, anyone else in this?

Got my first game and victory today, woo.

Strange interface. At least the design. Will take some getting used to.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.