dota allstars 6.13

M

maerlyn

I recently downloaded and played the new DotA... and then I tried to open it, see if it was protected. I guess there is some kind of protection, because it has to load 1,262,703,942 regions. I got to 50,000 and aborted it. If I left my computer on overnight and it finished, would I get to edit the map? Maybe I'll try that...

Rad

Reaction score
Dont even waste your time...

A: Nobody will download it
B: Your reputation will go to shame with DotA
C: DotA sucks and takes all good mappers and turns them into lazy wanna-be aos makers...
D: Its not like people havent edited DotA, I know at least 3 people who have already... the way DotA is set up, with all the DL only and version updates every day theres no way anyone would start playing that...

M

maerlyn

I sorta wanted to look at how they did some of the spells.

But an eternity in Hell, that's okay too.

Kitt

Reaction score
Well, thats certainly different than your average protected map. I would try it, sjut to see what happens. DotA is a fun distraction, but has so many play restrictions. Not to mention near to all of the abilities are slight mods of pre-made warcraft abilities. Saying such, there isn't much to be learned from DotA. Regardless, try it, and see what you get. There's always some fun in getting into soemthing you know you shouldn't be able to *grins*

Mreow.

Edit: aye, it seems i can do the same aswell. I'm curious, how soon did you get it? I DLed mine just minutes after it was released (i ahve a friend who's obsessed with it XD). I'm wondering if perhaps they released an accedental version before switching files? Hmm, well i'll let mine run all night, curiousity has taken hold XP

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
It is protected from opening in world edit and from 6.05 onwards in a MPQ editor as well.

I can get you the Jass for 6.04b or answer any questions about abilities though.

BTW: DotA Owns.

Rad

Reaction score
Hmm, well i'll let mine run all night, curiousity has taken hold XP

You know curiousity killed the cat? Your about half cat are you not? Are you sure you want to risk it... if you are risking anything :rolleyes:

Kitt

Reaction score
Yes, well, us cats have 9 lives for a reason.

Edit: Also i'm currently working on a DotA inspired priject, except much more elaborate, with secrets, and random things aswell, so no game is the same. any one willing to help, just gimme a pm^^ keep in mind, everything is to be origonal, and made froms cratch. so no flat out copying.

M

maerlyn

Jazradel said:
BTW: DotA Owns.

I love DotA :) except for the ganking. That is, getting ganked. Have you tried the Bloodseeker? I got 4 kills by level 10 using the ultimate.

Kitt

Reaction score
Oi... i left it on over night and i'm still only in six digits, out of ten. This could be a few days o_O

Though, i suppose once we get in, if we can infact get in, we can always remove all those regions >.>

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
6 digits out of 10?

Example
you have 10 digits.

Your at 6.

Double the time it took you to get 6 digits and you will have 1 more digit.
so say you have 2222222 out of 10.
Multiply by 5 to get 1 more digit and you will have 8 digits.

So 10 days already.

So say we have around 10000000
Now multiply that by 10 and you will have 9 digits.

10x10 = 100 days.

Now we have 100000000.

Multiply that by 10 and you are done.

100x10 = 1000 days.

This is if you leave your computer on 24/7 not running anything, otherwise itll be more then 1000 days.

Kitt

Reaction score
XD tell me about it. Though, i have a feeling this is for other reasons. Because it wont keep persistant people like me out.

I mean, i'm willing to give up my desktop for this, lol. Since it has to load, it takes up a huge amount of resorces, as well as remain opened, and it's unminimizable. so i ahve to do everything through the start menu and/or windows+E.

I must admit though, i'm extremely curious >.<

Kitt

Reaction score
actually... i just did the math. and it would be 8 years to be exact. *sigh* well, it was fun while it lasted. I suppose if someone has a insanely fast computer they could give it a shot.

K

Kuroikaze

dual core processors smash through encryption via brutforce.

The secret is to set one core to work from the start of the bruteforcing and go forward, then use the other core to start from the end (10 characters, for example) and work backwards.

One of them will get it.

C

Chindril

You're a funny dude Kuroikaze. It's not about an encryption... the world editor HAS to load them ALL. You NEED to pass throught ALL of them. The only thing that can help you is to removes the region before loading the map, but I dont have any ideas how to do so.

BTW, DotA is fun to play, or else it wouldn't be the most popular custom game.

Also, Rad, insulting the map makers like an idiot because you're jealous of them won't make any good. They are fricking good if you ask me. Using pre-made abilities from Warcraft isn't a shame, why would it be ? Also I'ld like to see you code an hero like Invoker, or even make a map that big so fast to load (6.13)

- Chindril

TPOX

Reaction score
kitt

hey kitt i love dota but theres always the annoying things about it like the items are so overpowering it makes it unfun after level 10 with the insta kill crap but id be interested in giving u some ideas and stuff, im new to triggering and stuff but i spend countless hours messing with the editor trying to make new things. i wouldnt be a whole lot of help but if u liked something i made u could use it :D

but i dunno the whole gameplay settings for your map. I wouldnt steal ur map :p if u rather not then dats ok :D im a nub still

pladams9

Seth's Good-Twin
Reaction score
Get what? It's loading regions in the world editor. Slow it is. Encryption it is not.

Edit: Oops. I was reading this, and forgot there was a second page. So this post was about the last post on the first page. Decipher that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.