dota allstars 6.13

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Ok, must stop talking about things I don't understand :rolleyes: I thought optimizing made LESS lag?

And ok, then apparently my second idea (having regions just to have them lag anyone trying to open it) is the reason :D

Sargon

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I thought optimizing made LESS lag?

Correct. And that's what Conan was saying, too.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Let's see...

Assume 4 integers to mark the boundaries of each region. Each integer I believe is 2 bytes, so, 10000 regions would take up at a minimum 80,000 bytes. It will likely take more because regions have names and other data pertaining to them.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sargon said:
Correct. And that's what Conan was saying, too.

Dammit, I can't read, thank you for pointing out my stupid, lol.

I missed the "less" before "laggier"...

Sud

Reaction score
lol maybe in Vexorian's next update he can make it remove "useless" regions :D

And where do you get that 80k bytes is 10kb

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Erm, sorry, I saw 1,000, not 10,000.

That's actually 100 kb, but again, no one has that many regions, unless your like completely new. (Like using mana amount as a Condition to spawn units :rolleyes: )

Sargon

Reaction score
It's actually about 79 KB. However, I doubt that there are actually that many regions in the map. So it's a moot point.

Sud

Reaction score
Well nobody new but them of course. The spend more time trying to hide their stock warcraft ladder abilities (or as 56k mentioned, elite wc3sear.ch downloading skills) from people than actually creating new content.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
..... sud where is your forum? is it on Th of a diff site cause i got alot of questions for Cod.
is the forum w/ Th of a diff site?

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
o ok ya i was looking around at the sites projects and didnt c Cod. Thx

Sud

Reaction score
No but there should be a link in my profile

E

Evi1Be3

ok i know im abit slow... but now that i have browsed through all of wc3sear's content =/ dota does have them all :| but thats beside the point.... and one thing i like point out. someone said it earlier about the makers on DOTA actually creating over a billion region just to lag anyone who opens it... whats the point? cause then they wont be able to avoid that either? :S. and if yur gonna say they make a back up copy without the regions, so u believe anyone who will actually sit there and click 1 billion times in one spot everytime they update there map =/. The DotA makers must have alot of spare time....

DM Cross

Reaction score
Does the size of the region effect the amount of space it takes up?

After all, what map size is DotA? If the region size affects the amount of file size it uses, then if they make regions the size of the entire map, it'll be much bigger then making a bunch of little squares covering the map...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.