DOTA (Defense of The Ancients)

Sploowini

Reaction score
OK people!:D So like thought maybe Id start a DOTA forum:) We can chat about favourite heroes,tactics,tournaments etc:pEven if you have an idea for a hero you would like to put in DOTA.

Anyone going to or been at Rage?:)

Id like to hear ur comments:)

ROCK ON:cool::thup:

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
Dota? What kind of game is that? I never heard of it. Care to give an explanation?

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This thread is ringing off an alarm in my head.
Don't we have a rule against DotA threads? If not then my bad.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
There are rules against making threads related to DOTA, or at least there was. Unless this has changed expect this thread to be deleted in due time.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
Again? I thought we were done with this map...

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Curious what "Rage" is.

Always thought banning the discussion of DotA was silly.

Hope the 2nd one comes out smoothly next year.

Unwin

Reaction score
From the one week when i have bought this game i have no comments to say that how good game it is and i will suggest to every one at least play this game once.

Sajin

User title under construction.
Reaction score
I can honestly say I hated DotA, not so much the game, but the community withen Wc3. The public games weren't noob friendly at all, if you even tried to play you would get flame and hate up the ass for one death, then after that black listed. *sigh* I play League of Legends now and Love it, and im fairly good in my opinion, I wouldn't have been able to even see my potential in DotA.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I can honestly say I hated DotA, not so much the game, but the community withen Wc3. The public games weren't noob friendly at all, if you even tried to play you would get flame and hate up the ass for one death, then after that black listed. *sigh* I play League of Legends now and Love it, and im fairly good in my opinion, I wouldn't have been able to even see my potential in DotA.

I agree. I used to be a pretty avid DotA player, but now I play LoL and love it. However, I do like some of the DotA heroes more than most of the LoL champions.

sqrage

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
I got into the Dota 2 beta recently and it's awesome! Definitely a lot better than league :)

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score

I know exactly what you mean. Totally agree with Sajin and tommerbob.

I played DotA for 3 years, and then after about a week of playing LoL i just couldn't turn back to DotA. It just felt so limited :/

Personally, "BLIZZARD DotA" or "DOTA 2" is going to fail imo. But sure, I'l give it a try when it's released.

DotA is not noob friendly at all. Even the Bots wont give you a chance :p

Unfortunately whenever I log into w3 nowdays, it is always the most played map and I commonly hear the expression "yeah i just logged into dota" -_- sigh.

But yeah, LoL > DotA and HoN in waaay too many ways.

Do any of you play on the NA server?
Add me, InflictedchaoS - something like 1100+ wins last time I played.
And the same Nick if any of you are BloodLine Champions players.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
So I suppose since we're not talking about the map...

The community in DotA 2 is a lot better than in <itthatshallnotbenamed>. But you're right, it's not very noob-friendly. HoN is even more elitist. They only accept the best, so unfortunately, if you don't already know how to play, it's tough.

LoL is fine I guess, but it could be improved upon a lot in my opinion. Also, it is too easy, ^^

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well, DotA has always been a game centered on pure competition, so a certain amount of trash-talk and "hate" is to be expected. The problem with the game was that the learning curve was pretty steady and to win a dota game, you need to win as a team, so "noobs" were hated during the game for they gave their team a loss almost automatically.

That can be fixed with quick and efficient tutorials and a user-friendly interface, which DotA 2 is achieving quite well.

I think this thread should focus more on DotA 2 / LoL / HoN than the 8-years old, over-discussed, DotA 1.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
HoN is even more elitist. They only accept the best, so unfortunately, if you don't already know how to play, it's tough.
Explains their drop of sales, I can't wait till it crashes and burns.

LoL is fine I guess, but it could be improved upon a lot in my opinion. Also, it is too easy, ^^
Yes, lower level games are noob-friendly for those who are new to the game and the style of game.
It ranks you in games according to your level. So people complaining that the game is too easy, have not played it at the competitive level that it can be, similar to the level of similar games. The only difference is LoL gives new players that opportunity to play with other players of their skill level without being trash talked.

I've played all of the above mentioned games, and LoL still has the best community. And the game acknowledge the input of the players. Their suggestions and critism, adjusting the game to suit the players. The fan-base is huge, much bigger than any other game of the style.

--

I think this thread should focus more on DotA 2 / LoL / HoN than the 8-years old, over-discussed, DotA 1.

This reminds me of the common mistake of people calling it DotA instead of DotA Alstars..

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.