AoS DotA Heroes v1b

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
DotA Heroes v1b

dotatitle.jpg

A mini AoS containing 16 of my favorite triggered heroes from the popular map DotA Allstars. Also includes the three basic item shops, several of the more popular in game commands, and fully functional and chaotic, 3v3 1 lane play.​

Why did I begin this project?​
Many people constantly ask for help making DotA like spells, and frequently people upload random spells from this extremely popular map. However, these spells and systems are randomly distributed all over TheHelper and other Warcraft III resource websites, and there is no consolidated map containing all of the best spells, easily implemented and configurable, in on place at one time. That time has come :).

What heroes are included?​
The current heroes included in the map are:

Sentinel Heroes
  1. Bristleback
  2. EarthShaker
  3. Juggernaut
  4. Moon Rider
  5. Morphling
  6. Silencer
  7. Sniper
  8. Stealth Assassin
Scourge Heroes
  1. Axe
  2. Bloodseeker
  3. Butcher
  4. Faceless Void
  5. Lord of Avernus
  6. Sand King
  7. Spiritbreaker
  8. Tormented Soul

What item shops are included?​
  1. Cache of Quel'thalas
  2. Gateway of Demonic Artifacts
  3. Beazel the Weapons Dealer
  4. Sens The Accessorizer

What game modes are included?​
The default selection mode is all pick. You may then type:

1. -ar or -allrandom
  2. -em or -easymode
  3. -id or -itemdrop

Supported Commands include:

1. -ma or -matchup
  2. -ms or -movespeed
  3. -random
  4. -repick

How do I implement a hero or spell?
Currently I have not consolidated a list of what spells require what systems, so for the time being, if you would like to use any of them, you need to copy to your map the Global Functions category in the trigger editor. In the future I will add into the comments of each spell what systems it requires. One thing to note, this requires vJASS, and thus in most cases, the JASS New Gen Pack. Without this, copying spells and editing this map will not get very far.

Once you have the systems implemented, simply copy the spell/s to your map, along with the required unit/ability/buff data, and edit the configuration options. The easiest way to see what is required for a spell is to go through the list of configurables, noting what is needed, and then check each object for the buff/unit/ability data that it contains. If you need help, post here and I am sure someone can walk you through it.

All heroes and dummy units are under the Neutral Passive category. All hero abilities are under the Special category and all dummy abilities are under the Neutral Passive category. Finally, all buffs are under the Human category.

Hero triggers are divided into Sentinel and Scourge heroes, and each hero is listed in alphabetical order, with its spell triggers ordered in the same fashion.

Feel free to edit the map freely as you will, add heroes, items, units, or anything else you can think of, but make sure to give credit where due.

So what is next?
This should be completely stable for play on battle.net, to learn from, or to enjoy the use of spells from. If you play on battle.net, please use the protected version (denoted by a (p) in the map name), for smoother gameplay and a smaller map size.

If anyone has any other questions regarding implementation, has suggestions for future versions, or has bugs to report, please post them in this thread.

Enjoy, and please comment.

*Note
- All triggers have been written from scratch by me. The map terrain, layout, and all systems have also been made by me, unless otherwise noted. Thanks to IceFrog for keeping this fun map updated, for the codes of which I used as templates in writing many of the spells, for the object editing of which made the tedious task of adding all objects much smoother , and for coming up with some of these neat hero ideas. Thanks to Eul and Guinsoo for past DotA updates and hero creation efforts. All heroes are from the older taverns, future updates will include heroes from the newer taverns, Dawn and Dusk.

Attachments

• DotA Heroes v1b.w3x
    570.1 KB · Views: 3,274
  • DotA Heroes v1b (p).w3x
    378.6 KB · Views: 1,198
  • Changelog.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 815

darkRae

Ueki Fan (Ueki is watching you)
Reaction score
Awesome! :eek:
A mini-DotA :rolleyes:
I can't wait till it gets to the full-version (the Items and Heroes)

And how's the Spell Contest? ;)

emjlr3

Reaction score
Awesome! :eek:
A mini-DotA :rolleyes:
I can't wait till it gets to the full-version (the Items and Heroes)

And how's the Spell Contest? ;)

sort of.....a mini-DotA, the only similarity is ofcourse the AoS part of it, and the heroes and items, the rets is completely unique :p

I am not sure if I will ever add all the items in, there are an ass load of recipes, and I don't know if I am up to it, and that is not really the idea, the idea is to allow people to see how to make the neat spells found in DotA, not to make a mini DotA copy map
the heroes I will be adding will come from requests and from the coolest new ones that I like

the Spell Contest is waiting on Rhieas to grade the coding for the spells, and the results will then be released.

darkRae

Reaction score
> the heroes I will be adding will come from requests

I request the Enigma, Darchrow :p

Quauhtli

I have the right to remain silent.
Reaction score
Got just a few requests, and apparently you already made them all
Exept for one (muhahaha). Actually very easy to do myself, but I heard that his spells are done with a flying unit that casts something instead of using monsoon.
Perhaps you know who?
Guessed correctly, ZEUS

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
So this is what you've been up to lately.
You practically collected your old work, nice.

Interestingly enough I was going to ask you to make an omnislash spell for a jungle stalker hero I am making for Pyramidal...

darkRae

Reaction score
@Post #5
The flying dummy units cast Chain Lightning.

@Cohadar
I think Tinki3 or someone made an Omnislash spell already.

emjlr3

Reaction score

I request the Enigma, Darchrow :p

I was going to make him, blackhole is pretty neat

Got just a few requests, and apparently you already made them all
Exept for one (muhahaha). Actually very easy to do myself, but I heard that his spells are done with a flying unit that casts something instead of using monsoon.
Perhaps you know who?
Guessed correctly, ZEUS

was also going to make Zeus, another neat hero IMO, not hard to make if you just think about it, but 1 person's need is more then enough
the flying unit casts chaing lightning btw, so it looks as though it comes from the sky

So this is what you've been up to lately.
You practically collected your old work, nice.

Interestingly enough I was going to ask you to make an omnislash spell for a jungle stalker hero I am making for Pyramidal...

Ele TD work as slowed down, so basically any WC3 modding time has been spent here :)
Omnislash included :)

@Post #5
The flying dummy units cast Chain Lightning.

@Cohadar
I think Tinki3 or someone made an Omnislash spell already.

I have actually made it twice, one like this, and one that actually fired on the hero attacking(never done before mind you :) )
but this one uses vJASS, and its completely configurable, so.... :p

cr4xzZz

Also known as azwraith_ftL.
Reaction score
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL OMG WTF
Cool ;). That's gonna teach lots of people the hardest to make spells from DotA. Gonna play it asap

Harbringer, Obsidian Destroyer. He's evil and can own everybody...

8. Tourmented Soul
Isn't he Tormented ?

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> I think Tinki3 or someone made an Omnislash spell already.
> > this one uses vJASS, and its completely configurable, so...

My version uses vJASS, too.
Probably maybe more configurable than your's.
Shorter code, anyway, and it's not copied from DotA :p.
At least I think the Omnislash in this map is copied, anyway, code layout and typical structure looks familiar, anyway.

I also made a vJASS version of Meat Hook, FTR :).
Cool map, anyway, gj, I like.

emjlr3

Reaction score
Harbringer is one I am deffinetly going to add, he is a favorite of mine

Tinki3 - are you trying to start a battle of who's Omnislash is better, the idea here was to help people, and when talking about configuration and usage of vJASS, I was refering to the lack there of in my previous versions from a so long ago

for the codes of which I used as templates in writing many of the spells

if I am going to make DotA Omnislash, the first place to look to see the technicalities would be the source code, to make sure it works as intended, that is kind of the point, and a general theme seen throughout the spells, nothing is copied, everything was written from scratch by me, but if it looks similar, then a job well done I suppose

btw, if anyone has a copy of the no longer hosted 6.41 open objects map Netrat made, it would make the object editing portion of this endeavor much smoother for future heroes, and I could deff. use it :)

Cohadar

master of fugue
Reaction score
btw, if anyone has a copy of the no longer hosted 6.41 open objects map Netrat made, it would make the object editing portion of this endeavor much smoother for future heroes, and I could deff. use it :)

I have 6.32b

vypur85

Hibernate
Reaction score
I think Lich is cool. Why not add it? It's one of the most used hero in tournaments and leagues I think (along with vs, es, ogre, akasha, tiny, rhasta, sk, tide etc etc - these are the common lineup in 6.37b i believe, not updated to DotA for very long).

Matemeo

Reaction score
I have 6.41 Open Objects Dota. (I think it was you to host it to begin with, or at least link to it :D) If you need it, tell me where to send it.

emjlr3

Reaction score
> are you trying to start a battle of who's Omnislash is better

I took your statement 2 posts back the "wrong way".
Silly me, must I always resort to battles...

thats better, Im updating my one to make it better anywho :)

I think Lich is cool. Why not add it? It's one of the most used hero in tournaments and leagues I think (along with vs, es, ogre, akasha, tiny, rhasta, sk, tide etc etc - these are the common lineup in 6.37b i believe, not updated to DotA for very long).

bah, Lich as one neat spell, and his non triggered are nothing but base WC3 spells, if someone really wants his ulti I will make it and release to spell section

I have 6.41 Open Objects Dota. (I think it was you to host it to begin with, or at least link to it :D) If you need it, tell me where to send it.

send it to [email protected] if you would kind ser

Tinki3

Special Member
Reaction score
> if someone really wants his ulti I will make it and release to spell section -- Lich

I've, already, made that :p.
(Check out my sig).

2 heroes, I think that would be good additions, are, Beastmaster, and Sacred Warrior.

They are both pretty cool heroes, well made/designed, IMO.

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Err... request Dark Seer and Naix?

At least this one's got up. hehe, death'll check out if his guess are all right all after these years.

Another suggestion : I really love the quests during the fight in dota Extreme. Maybe add some?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.