Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
far too much there guys

this will be not updated, got too time consuming for me, sry

Arie

Cool Member
Reaction score
Anyone, can help me?

I'm getting syntax error when i tried to save the changes (just the damage, not the trigger). It makes me cant play the map anymore.

Is it trigger problem or ... ???

Thanks For Advance~~~. I meant this is a really helpful map. :thup:

Yes, I'm using NewGen WE 5a, latest jasshelper 0.9.B.1., PJass_10j.

Attachments

• Syntax Error.jpg
    Syntax Error.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 321

emjlr3

Reaction score
name your trigger "HeroRestore" and tell me what happens, you could also try sending me the map

Arie

Cool Member
Reaction score
Hm... Still getting error when i changed it into "HeroRestore" (Without ")

Then i do the plan B, i deleted the "scope HeroRestore". It doesn't work out...

When I tried to save without deleting "scope HeroRestore", the syntax error refers to "scope HeroRestore". When i tried to save with deleting "scope HeroRestore", the syntax error refers to globals.

No, it's your map dota heroes, not my map. Is there anyway to fix it? Is there any add-on i should add to the WE ? ( To make it run without syntax error). Thanks in Advance :D :D :D

w00t22

CSS L4D DoD? Steam ID = w00t22
Reaction score
was also going to make Zeus, another neat hero IMO, not hard to make if you just think about it, but 1 person's need is more then enough
the flying unit casts chaing lightning btw, so it looks as though it comes from the sky

i made it and you denied it saying its to easy.

Matrix

Reaction score
Im not good in multiboards so i use urs
I have some questions about multiboard:
1) The Hero Icons dont show but i set strings to the icons and did as u
2) what is GetUbitPointValue

emjlr3

Reaction score
nova is simply created units with chim missle and order hten to move in directions around caster

~AMARANT~

Reaction score
emjlr3, this map is wonderful. It's very a pity that you do not update it. But I understand you - map making eats many time :) It would be cool to see such heroes, as Obsidian Destroyer, Templar Assassin, etc. which very hardcore triggered. Anyways, thank you for this map it helped me very much :thup:

staskax

Reaction score
I really don't like DotA but this seems like it can be a fun mini AoS ;] And the fact that it won't be protected is even better (I'm done with mapmaking but I am sure others will use the spells) ;] Good luck with it

A

Adamisk

Okay wait so for the Smokescreen, what else do I need in the triggers? I copied the trigger, modded what I wanted (would still function), and have the object data in place.

you mentioned i needed a system of some sort?

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Looking good. Only things that wasn't right that I found was; Faceless Void's
ulti doesn't pause his allies (as it is suppose to do)

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
Looking good. Only things that wasn't right that I found was; Faceless Void's
ulti doesn't pause his allies (as it is suppose to do)

Faceless Void's Ulti pauses his allies, but not the owning players units. This is also how it functions in DotA.

Make PotM!!!

I could probably make a few heroes like that if i have some spare time, and they could be added...

SanKakU

Reaction score
this map seems very impressive...i love the work you put into this...
anyway, i tested it for like ten minutes and looked around at some of your triggers...and i have some comments and questions.

axe is one of my favs too, and although there isn't much to test him on in the map, he seems pretty well done. same goes for crix...although i never use his ultimate, so whatever... one thing to warn you though seems wrong is the spirit breaker. when using his knockback passive the percentage seems like less than 5. it's supposed to be something like 17 right? yeah it barely ever knocks back.

now looking at your triggers i see you got lots of comments in them, and that's great. i was looking at the abadon borrowed time spell, and noticing that you had commented the real for the hp that it automatically casts at.
that reminds me of an idea i had while playing dota. so many ultimates in dota could somehow be improved as usually their regular abilities are better for whatever reason. well, with abadon, his ultimate is definitely not as good as it could be. the main thing i want to change about it, which would make it so much better, without really making it any more or less powerful, just better for every player...at least as far as i can tell...is to add a feature where the player types something like -bt 300 or -bt 500 or whatever. that number would replace the default 400. maybe it's a bad idea for a dota game, if it is, so what. so can you make it so the number can be changed that way? can you show me how?

i'm mostly looking at your map because i figure i'll learn some good stuff from it, and so anyway i'm really new to systems and don't really understand libraries at all yet still...so anyway i figure i'd ask you a question about it... i don't know how to affect functions in vjass...like i tried adding event to trigger that was gui and it was fine and also converted text(jass) but then when trying to do the same for vjass it didn't work. i guess i don't understand a lot about vjass i just know how to make standalone triggers so far by making them a scope and giving them private scopes i don't know anything beyond that.

emjlr3, this map is wonderful. It's very a pity that you do not update it. But I understand you - map making eats many time :) It would be cool to see such heroes, as Obsidian Destroyer, Templar Assassin, etc. which very hardcore triggered. Anyways, thank you for this map it helped me very much :thup:

yeah...the one i want to see the most is invoker

aha, the point of this was not to make a map, but to show ppl how dota spells were made, it just became a playable map in the process

if i ever decide to update this perhaps I will do that

hmm...looks like a test map to me...but a really good looking one that's for sure.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
Hmm. Sounds good. I had downloaded it and add my heroes into it. :) I will add some heroes like kunkka into it. ^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.