Dota:Is it dying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
hey guys ok the new 6.68 map came out and i played with my friend and we had fun..... first game 1 on 1 thrall vs gyrocopter..... second game 1 on 1 guardian wisp vs shadow demon........ Players tryin out brand new heros 4 the 1st time + no clue about their opponents = Fun.. i could attach replays to show you if you guys tell me how......... oh and all 4 heroes are awesome... cooldowns and duration of effects def need to be fixed but their all fun!! Not just autoattack heroes!:banghead:

mapguy

Reaction score
hey guys ok the new 6.68 map came out and i played with my friend and we had fun..... first game 1 on 1 thrall vs gyrocopter..... second game 1 on 1 guardian wisp vs shadow demon........ Players tryin out brand new heros 4 the 1st time + no clue about their opponents = Fun.. i could attach replays to show you if you guys tell me how......... oh and all 4 heroes are awesome... cooldowns and duration of effects def need to be fixed but their all fun!! Not just autoattack heroes!:banghead:

WHAT THE HELL UR TALKING ABOUT!?

THOSE HEROES ARE ALL SHIT! they only have one or other coll spell but in fact they are poor made stupid heroes!

the only spells that are cool, is the one that creates an unapassable camp, the heat seeking missile, and the wisps that spins around the wisp, OUT FROM IT< THEY ARE PURE SHIT!

CrazedPyscho

Reaction score
:nuts:dude have u actually played these guys their fun........ btw is it possible for me to attach replays here for u too see

mapguy

Reaction score
:nuts:dude have u actually played these guys their fun........ btw is it possible for me to attach replays here for u too see

I plaied both 4.

and they all suck....

I get more disapointed on Dota that I already were.

THESE GUYS TOOK MOUNTHS TO DO THOSE 4 HEROES!?
They are not cool and they also don't fit game, because some of it's spells looks like spells of a fast paced game and others look like Dota spells.
What Im trying to say is that those heroes:
- the wisp has a synergy that is forced in your face, you just have to link to a hero and be happy...
- the thrall is all based on holding enemies in a poin, lol...
- The girocopter is just something that spam lots of spells in an interval of 1 seconds.
- The GNOLL, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GNOLL!? I didn't even undertand his purpose, he is just a warrior with lots of random skills.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
I get more disapointed on Dota that I already were.

I just don't understand the mindset behind this kind of comment. If you really don't like DotA that much, leave it alone. You spend so much time spewing hatred at a map, when you could just ignore it and go on with your life and other WC3 projects. If you don't like it, don't play it. But stop with all the negativity.

NightShade

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
DotA apparently isn't dying. I was browsing youtube a few days ago and I decided to see what was popular in the world today. For some reason the video advertising the new DotA update was the second most watched that day in the world.

I downloaded it and played it with a friend and it wasn't actually that bad. Some heros needed other allied heros to function well so the game wasn't completely balanced. In the end I liked the abilities though.

Maybe the game was fun because of the good and enjoyable atmosphere that online games lack.:p

Mapguy, we get the point.

mapguy

Reaction score
Long ago dota was a good map, really, but the time passed and the creator(s) didn't make any new stuff on the map, It stills the same for years. The people only plais it because it is popular, and this is just popular because it was good in the past.

Lets talk about something else, example:
- Guitar hero is an awesome game, but the time has passed and the game stills the same, the game is not bad, I like it, but the game play is the same as it was when the game first release. People play guitar hero because they like, but we have to face that we are playing a game concept that was created years ago.
-Element TD is great, because the time passes and the game gains new scenarios and also new eyecandy towers, this towers are geting more and more interesting with time, because the game becomes better when the time passes.

what I really don't like about Dota is the persons that only plays it and never tryies other things, people that sais Dota is best map on battle net and protect the map and the creator with their asses even if they never tryied another game! I was some time ago talking with a classmate (not-friend) and the I asked him to play one round of Age Of Myths or Element TD.
And then, the guy told me:
-These are shit, I only play Dota.
-Have you ever played one of these two games?
-No, I only play Dota.:nuts:

(This is my last post on this thread, bacause If I continue I'll get stressed)

tommerbob

Reaction score
Long ago dota was a good map, really, but the time passed and the creator(s) didn't make any new stuff on the map, It stills the same for years. The people only plais it because it is popular, and this is just popular because it was good in the past.

This is not true. Look at most dota players today. Most of them have only been playing dota for at most a couple of years. Then to say that "the people only play it because it is popular, and it is only popular because it was good in the past." That argument is completely flawed and entirely unfounded. Besides the obvious fact that people play it because they enjoy it, I personally have been playing dota on and off for several years, and today I think it is by far better than it used to be.

Lets talk about something else, example:
- Guitar hero is an awesome game, but the time has passed and the game stills the same, the game is not bad, I like it, but the game play is the same as it was when the game first release. People play guitar hero because they like, but we have to face that we are playing a game concept that was created years ago.
-Element TD is great, because the time passes and the game gains new scenarios and also new eyecandy towers, this towers are geting more and more interesting with time, because the game becomes better when the time passes.

what I really don't like about Dota is the persons that only plays it and never tryies other things, people that sais Dota is best map on battle net and protect the map and the creator with their asses even if they never tryied another game! I was some time ago talking with a classmate (not-friend) and the I asked him to play one round of Age Of Myths or Element TD.
And then, the guy told me:
-These are shit, I only play Dota.
-Have you ever played one of these two games?
-No, I only play Dota.:nuts:

(This is my last post on this thread, bacause If I continue I'll get stressed)

While I generally agree with these comments, I still don't get why you continue to post about dota. If you don't like it, leave it alone. especially if it stresses you out. roflmao

BANANAMAN

Resident Star Battle Expert.
Reaction score
I think I can get where Mapguy is going at.

The professional SC community tends to look down on DOTA players.

"lol only controlling one unit? that's so noob..." as quoted from a Starcraft Broodwar veteran.

I used to suck at that game before i switched to Starcraft:Broodwar two years ago. I returned to dota just last december. I completely dominated everyone that challenged me for 5 hours. :rolleyes:

tommerbob

Reaction score
I think I can get where Mapguy is going at.

The professional SC community tends to look down on DOTA players.

"lol only controlling one unit? that's so noob..." as quoted from a Starcraft Broodwar veteran.

I used to suck at that game before i switched to Starcraft:Broodwar two years ago. I returned to dota just last december. I completely dominated everyone that challenged me for 5 hours. :rolleyes:

Gotta love them pubs. :p

Vunjo

Reaction score
Bananaman

You make me so happy with the comment that stupid dota will die =D
I am soo happy now WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOTHING WILL RUIN THIS DAY!

Vunjo

Reaction score
^
wrong.

DotA is very hard for new players, because it has 90+ heroes, 100+ items and 350+ different spells

it takes a long time to become a skilled player

also, your logic about a game being good if it has cool custom spells is also wrong

it's good if it's gameplay is good

that's why ppl like DotA

But he is right!
DotA is not so playable, because every time, player can see same SHIT! Same Killing sistem, same finish sistem

Vunjo

Reaction score
Don't worry, I'm working on killing DotA. It's easy.
  1. Play Clinkz every game.
  2. Get an average score of 25-5
It's really fun... :D

Now watch the people that insist I'm just versing bad players... XD

10x for idea how to make dota players banish from earth =DDD

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is clearly going nowhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.