TD DotA Tower Defense

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
DotA Tower Defense

Introduction

Hello TheHelper. I'm an old member here and I'm currently working on a project to make DotA (Defense of the Ancients) a Tower Defense. I was currently working with two other people but my inactivity on the map caused me to lose these two guys. I was inactive due to school and business but now I'm stuck with nothing to do. So, with that being said, let's go to the overview.

Overview

This game will be a 5 versus 5 game. The gameplay will be a Team Tower
Defense
. Basically, what this is, is there will be 5 players on a team. Each player will have a choice to choose an attribute-type hero, which builds the heroes of that attribute in DotA. For example, if you were to pick the Scourge intellect builder, you are able to build a Lich (int hero) but not Clinkz (agi hero). Repicks will be allowed after a certain time limit. Each team will be responsible for building towers on their side while buying creeps to send on the other side. The ultimate goal is to get the creeps to their "Ancient" (the main building) and take away lives depending on the creep sent. The towers will be heroes from DotA and will have custom spells (depending on the hero) that will be used as a defense mechanism. Some spells may NOT have the same function they have in DotA.

There will also be a "Tier Building", which is a building that must be upgraded in order to reach the next tier of heroes and creeps. (ex: Tier 2 requires the Tier 2 Building, etc.) Both towers and creeps will be based on this tier building.

Creeps will have different tiers as well. There will also be different types of creeps such as normal, bosses, fast, magic immune, etc.

Previews of the Map

I've already started working on this project. I have a bunch of screenshots to prove it (WARNING! PICTURE HEAVY!):

Scourge Tower Tiers:

intby2.jpg

Intellect Heroes

agihn2.jpg

Agility Heroes

stran4.jpg

Strength Heroes

Current Minimap (Subject to Change!):

minimap1fe1.jpg

Sentinel Builders:

setineltowerbuildersmg2.jpg

Scourge Builders:

scourgetowerbuildersol8.jpg

What I Need

The terrain and units are all done and I do need Beta Testers. I need:
  • People that can do all the repetitive work (Editting tower upgrades, unit descriptions, unit buildings, builder taverns, etc.)
  • People that KNOW JASS and can CODE SPELLS
  • People with good ideas
  • People who are active and can help with production
  • People who are dedicated to the project and can help

Where to Go

I have a forum up and running. It's an Invisionfree forum but I've editted a little bit so it wouldn't look so standard. Here's the link:

http://z11.invisionfree.com/DotA_TD

*If you are interested to help this project, please REGISTER to the forums and post an application in the "Staff Application" forum.

If you are interested in the project and would like to check it out, register and check out the updates forum. It should be updated at least 3-5 times a week with new stuff.

Added Updates topic!
Click here for the topic.

Well, that's all I've got to say, I hope you'll help me out :p

~WarLuvr3393 (A.K.A. Spiky)

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
LOL this sounds so awesome. xD

Anyways, I think the builders should not be heroes. They should be the shopkeepers, like the recipe shop 1 would be the first builder, recipe shop 2 the second, recipe shop 3 the third and so forth.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
I have one question, why do you need jass coders?
Because JASS is win :p

LOL this sounds so awesome. xD
Damn right :D Never really been a fan of DotA, but the heroes are pretty cool.

I could make a few spells (if I have any time). Just lemme know what exactly you want, and I'll see if I can do it (bear in mind, I did say a few so don't get your hopes up that I'll do everything :p)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
lol, not exactly a fan of DotA, but this would be pretty cool. Would the hero-towers still attack? or would they rely on skill? :thup:

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
D.V.D said:
I have one question, why do you need jass coders?

Some spells in DotA require MUI, which GUI DOESN'T support, so JASS is required to have certain spells in the game.

Flare said:
I could make a few spells (if I have any time). Just lemme know what exactly you want, and I'll see if I can do it (bear in mind, I did say a few so don't get your hopes up that I'll do everything )

If you're interested to help the project, then please sign up for the forums and tell me what spells you can do. Remember, coding like 2-3 spells allows me to code other spells so it'll make the playable beta come out sooner.

thewrongvine said:
ol, not exactly a fan of DotA, but this would be pretty cool. Would the hero-towers still attack? or would they rely on skill?

The towers have their own physical attack, but they will also have spells as well. :)

Glad to see some people are interested in this project. Sign up on the forums if you can.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
require MUI, which GUI DOESN'T support
That's bullsh*t. I've made more than enough MUI spells in GUI :p

tell me what spells you can do
Ugh... name a spell, tell me what it does, and I should be able to tell you if I can do it. I don't play DotA much, so I don't really know the spells too well

Also, what about systems used for the spells? Anything you specifically want used, or not used?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
lol, not exactly a fan of DotA, but this would be pretty cool. Would the hero-towers still attack? or would they rely on skill? :thup:

Liar. You are dota fanboy. :)

Anyways, isn't this DotA discussion?

DOTA FTW. :thup:

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
***bump***

I am now accepting more Beta Testers since I may have lost some for the inactivity of the map in the past so sign up and apply before you lose your spot. This map is going to be CLOSED BETA meaning only people that apply are the only ones testing it, along with close friends and such. It will not go public.

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Just a small question...
Can you code MUI spells decently yourself?

Because often someone shows up with "an amazing idea m9z!!111", but then asks someone else to do the hard part (coding) for him.

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Hm dota td? Sounds wierd but I guess it could be fun. But won't it be hard to controll spells with towers? So much things to controll so little time^^ Anyway good luck:thup:

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the sound of it, although I don't like DotA (I don't want a DotA discussion :p) I like the idea of having towers with really good triggered abilities.

Good luck with this project.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
lol this sounds funny :D

Towers cant move, so not many abilities fit them well.

Backstabbing towers anyone? (Leaping tower might be cool, tought.)

WarLuvr3393

Reaction score
Magentix said:
Just a small question...
Can you code MUI spells decently yourself?

Because often someone shows up with "an amazing idea m9z!!111", but then asks someone else to do the hard part (coding) for him.

Yes I can. :)

Viikuna said:
lol this sounds funny

Towers cant move, so not many abilities fit them well.

Backstabbing towers anyone? (Leaping tower might be cool, tought.)

How does it sound funny? There are a variety of spells that these heroes have that fit the TD. Like I said before, some spells will be altered to fit a TD-type game. I.E. KOTL illuminate (shockwave), Void Chronosphere (Freeze creeps), Magnus Reverse Polarity (Pulls everyone to him, damages and stuns), etc.

So I don't see how "not so many abilities fit them well" when there are plenty. :)

Kazuga said:
Hm dota td? Sounds wierd but I guess it could be fun. But won't it be hard to controll spells with towers? So much things to controll so little time^^ Anyway good luck

That's why you're going to need some skill to play this game. :)

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Magnus Reverse Polarity (Pulls everyone to him, damages and stuns)

Won't that be liable to cause unit pathing to fail miserably? Or do you have something in mind to save me the bother of trying to correct the pathing :D

So I don't see how "not so many abilities fit them well" when there are plenty.

There still are a number which won't fit
As Viikuna said, Backstab - Would seem weird to backstab with a projectile :p
Spectral Dagger (to an extent) - Is the tower supposed to gain 0 collision size while on the Shadow Path :rolleyes:
Mana Leak - Will mobs even have mana, and will they have any use for it?
Spell Shield (or whatever Magina's passive is) - Same as above, and will towers be invulnerable anyway?

And more

Trollvottel

never aging title
Reaction score
i know (v)Jass and i CAN code spells, so if you want me to do something for you just pm me :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.