DOTA...whats the big deal?

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
i have to admit...i've never played a dota...i stick w/ the hero arena's and the TD's and some miscellanious other kinds....so one day, i decided to try one, but due to my slow dl since the map size is around 6MB and that takes me about 2 minutes...i got kicked...and that always happens, so i never get to play one....so i was just wondering...

what is the big deal w/ every one playing DotA?...almost 3/4's of the games on battle.net (my gateway at least) are DotA's and i'm getting sick of it...

maybe if someone explained the game, then i would maybe try it once and be more interested...

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
First off, the size limit on Battle.net is FOUR MB, and DotA is only 2 MB.

Secondl, I have no clue. Though it is a bit addicting, I got sick of it after awhile. ToB, however, will be around forever... :)

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
ToB = Tides of Blood

And if you go by longer names, then you should start calling DotA Defense of the Ancients, since that's the name of the map.

XXXconanXXX

Cocktails anyone?
Reaction score
Al;ot of people are debating whether or not IceFrog did that map good, simnce he's the current 'version churner outer'.

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
ok..thx....ill give it a try

edit-

do you think i could learn a decent amount just from exploring/experementing on single player?

X

X-Dragonfire

hobo218 said:
i have to admit...i've never played a dota...i stick w/ the hero arena's and the TD's and some miscellanious other kinds....so one day, i decided to try one, but due to my slow dl since the map size is around 6MB and that takes me about 2 minutes...i got kicked...and that always happens, so i never get to play one....so i was just wondering...

what is the big deal w/ every one playing DotA?...almost 3/4's of the games on battle.net (my gateway at least) are DotA's and i'm getting sick of it...

maybe if someone explained the game, then i would maybe try it once and be more interested...

I've played two versions of DOTA... NO BIG DEAL IT'S SUCKAGE. Thanks. All it is is some ripoff of AoS (which is better, slightly). D-day judgement (crappy name for a non-WWII map) is a rip of DOTA. Any questions? Dota is SOOOO un :cool: .
P.S. Ryoko, I thought you were pretty cool until now.

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
XXconanXXX said:
Al;ot of people are debating whether or not IceFrog did that map good, simnce he's the current 'version churner outer'.

I think hes doing alright; he finally listens and changes all the bullshit elements people complain about.

But that makes the pros angry; because they like to abuse those elements. Thus, when the element is taken away, (like, stop time is no longer the entire map) they get pissed off. While the underdogs celebrate: Finally!

Only thing that pisses me off, is I sent him a code revamp for part of the laggy area in the beginning, which turned about 15 triggers and loops into 1. I think out of pride? maybe? he won't use it. Says 'blah.'

T

ThE-eNiGmA

LOL...I personally think I, with my limited experience, could fix that load. There is no reason for it. First off, space out the hero spawns a bit more...not by much, but a bit more. There are a few other ideas, but that is the one that is in
my head right now.
(EDIT) Nerf the Lucy and the Skelly King!

T

ThE-eNiGmA

DotA is a decent, semi polished map with the general theme of owning the SH*T out of other people. Unfortunately, most games end up being very gay. Playing AP is like asking for a repeat of the same game you have been playing again and again. AP has little variety when people always pick the IMBA heros. Skelly King, Nai'x, Lucifer, Clinkz... oh how i hate thee, clinkz. A clinkz in every game. Here's a tip...if you have a clinkz in your game, figure out how to nerf him, and nerf him BADLY. Some people say techies is imba and is for noobs only. I disagree :p . My friend is an expert techies. He is also a suicide techies :D He knows where to best place the mines for optimal damage (they usually end up running over them) and when to suicide.

Best example of brilliant techie usage: I was playing with him, and we were luring a hero out into the mid. He sees me and *techie* and assumes hes safe. After all, he can always run, right? Unfortunately for him, he saw an illusion of the techie, since my friend had picked up the rune. Can anybody see where this is going? The hero tries to run, but lo and behold...a techie is there to greet him with quite a blast...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.