Do You Hate DOTA?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sargon

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
ok then try this out

you et the other guy see your army in a ladder game and now he knows how to anti your army and win.

Doesn't really have anything to do with what Ryoko was saying.

Im_On_56k

Hm...
Reaction score
get a black king bar with treads sange and yasha loahars and dagger of espae
just wind walk when close attack then blink with daggerand reapeat and you got it.
Your joking right? You wouldn't beable to buy all of that in one game, only way you would beable to if your like 10-0.

And all your other item combo stuff won't work.

U are a noob

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
i posted a new post because i thought it wouuld go off page.

Outbreak191 said:
If someone made this template into a finished map they would've done more than IceFrog. As for DOTA being good..... There are hundreds of AoS' out there all on about the same or even a better level than DotA and yet everyone stills plays DotA. Thats why everyone hates it (especially those who have made AoS' that havent got anywhere).

i have play many maps and havnt really seen anything better then dota.

ThE-eNiGmA said:
Heres a response to the "Heros are balanced." Balanced with items? That is time consuming, not to mention that the other, better heros will be owning you while you try to acquire said balancing items. Might I mention those same heroes will beef themselves up to nerf your balancing items?

My skill level is irrevelant as to my opinion. Yes, a skilled player can probably take any hero and make him good. An even less skilled player can probably take a good hero and make him better than the skilled player with the average hero. Haven't you ever played AP? Try taking notes on which heroes show up the most...

no hero can be blannced with items come ladder game you give him 1 mask ice orb and 4 crowns yyou win.

Demonfaze said:
make sure u try AP with fully good people though
most pubbies pick the easiest hero not always the best
i dont ever pick AP becuase AP is for noobs who only play with one owning playing style and proably never have fun.
y not trying to play ar?
i think the only super keep combetnation of items on a hero is zues or holy kinght with refresher orb. becuase they can stay home and just keep casting.

Im_On_56k said:
Your joking right? You wouldn't beable to buy all of that in one game, only way you would beable to if your like 10-0.

And all your other item combo stuff won't work.
joink how i once went 27-0 with necroall you need is a chicken to keep getting you items and play it safe. then get allies to set up a gank whats so hard with that?

and how do my other combos not work?

Sargon said:
Doesn't really have anything to do with what Ryoko was saying.
acutawlly it does not being seen ispart of the game concept like in a TD you build towers to win. ladder keep units alive and get the right units. so it does make sence

Sargon

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
acutawlly it does not being seen ispart of the game concept like in a TD you build towers to win. ladder keep units alive and get the right units. so it does make sence

Not at all. You're taking him too literally. What he meant is that it sucks when you know that if one guy happens to meet up with you, you'll lose no matter what.

sqrage

Reaction score
pointless arguing, people who hate it will hate is and people who like it will like it, and it will remain that way.

Just as it said in the beggining..

$/\RG0/\/ said:
Just so you know, this can go nowhere but down.

U are a noob

Reaction score
Sargon said:
Not at all. You're taking him too literally. What he meant is that it sucks when you know that if one guy happens to meet up with you, you'll lose no matter what.
ok i meet up with another guys army in ladder and its better i know i am dead.

Sargon

Reaction score
OK, let me give you an analogy for you: Imagine that you're playing a ladder game in which you're playing human, and the game doesn't let you build a keep. So you're out there with your footmen, and you run into an army of Tauren. That's what Ryoko was saying it was like.

U are a noob

Reaction score
Sargon said:
OK, let me give you an analogy for you: Imagine that you're playing a ladder game in which you're playing human, and the game doesn't let you build a keep. So you're out there with your footmen, and you run into an army of Tauren. That's what Ryoko was saying it was like.
no keep right meaning i can get riffle men? all you do is get out you mountain king go foward tunder calp let riffles shot and just micro allot all it should not be a problem?

ok now tell me how you allow enemys to get so strong could it have been your fault?

Sargon

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
no keep right meaning i can get riffle men? all you do is get out you mountain king go foward tunder calp let riffles shot and just micro allot all it should not be a problem?

ok now tell me how you allow enemys to get so strong could it have been your fault?

Dude. No keep ALLOWED. No upgrades past tier 1 ALLOWED. You CAN'T get strong enough to beat him, no matter what you do. 12 Tauren with full upgrades will win against 12 low-upgrade riflemen. Without a keep, you can't even get Long Rifles, for God's sake. I'm assuming equal levels of microing proficiency, by the way.

Hell, forget about the Tauren. Say it's 12 of some other fully-upgraded Tier 3 unit. In any rate, what I'm trying to say is that sometimes, it gets so that you cannot win, period. That sucks.

U are a noob

Reaction score
Sargon said:
Dude. No keep ALLOWED. No upgrades past tier 1 ALLOWED. You CAN'T get strong enough to beat him, no matter what you do. 12 Tauren with full upgrades will win against 12 low-upgrade riflemen. Without a keep, you can't even get Long Rifles, for God's sake. I'm assuming equal levels of microing proficiency, by the way.

Hell, forget about the Tauren. Say it's 12 of some other fully-upgraded Tier 3 unit. In any rate, what I'm trying to say is that sometimes, it gets so that you cannot win, period. That sucks.
remeber taurens cost alot of food so if you built to max food riffles will out number
oh of cosre y would you want to play a game where you get owned like crazy.
if blizzard didnt try to get ridded of the point where you lose then why would dota?
so you trying to say dota is unblanced?or is ryoko?

Sargon

Reaction score
uareanoob said:
remeber taurens cost alot of food so if you built to max food riffles will out number
if blizzard didnt try to get ridded of the point where you lose then why would dota?

I think you're missing the point. I'm saying that sometimes, DotA gets to the point where you are against a hero who is IMPOSSIBLE for you to beat. That's all I'm trying to say. Nitpicking the minutae of my analogies just makes you look like an idiot.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
uareanoob said:

You're now trying to compare DotA to Blizzard? Wow, that's the worst comparison I've ever seen. Sure, Blizzard isn't 100% fair, but you'll probably never find someone/organization that is. DotA, on the other hand, was not put together by professionals who get paid to do their job, and go through masses upon masses of versions/testing/patches to fix the problems found.

For the "owned like crazy comment": I think that was Sargon's point. WHY would you want to put yourself in that position? Why pick that hero with the other hero, who will own you every time? You just supported HIS argument!

Tier 3 upgraded Tauren can take down a good few crappy Tier 1 Riflemen before they get ONE down... So... Bad argument.

Edit to your Edit:

Ryoko or DotA is unbalanced?

All of the above :rolleyes:

SD_Ryoko

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
get a black king bar with treads sange and yasha loahars and dagger of espae
just wind walk when close attack then blink with daggerand reapeat and you got it.

Fuck all that. This item, that item, get this.

Put NAKED necro vs NAKED naix. Naix avatars. GG Necro.

Put NAKED necro vs NAKED Spirit. GG Necro.

Heres my official stance on balance.

THE MINUTE I HAVE TO ANYTHING SPECIAL, ANYTHING AT ALL TO COUNTER A HERO, THAT I DONT HAVE TO DO WITH OTHER HEROES, HE IS IMBA.

DM Cross

Reaction score
AceHart said:
However, mostly, there's only two opinions on DotA:
- It totally sucks
- It's the greatest ever.

There doesn't seem to be a middle...

Just saw this and had to comment:

I am that middle :D in the fact of: I just don't care :p

See, if the game is fun, and you can win and lose, then... Have fun playing it!

If you don't like it, don't play it. Who cares if someone else does? I do a lot of things (like existing! :D) that you people don't like, but ya don't complain [to my face] about it :)

Eh... My two cents... Damn, I'm gonna go broke if I keep giving out two cents -.-

U are a noob

Reaction score
Alexander said:
You're now trying to compare DotA to Blizzard? Wow, that's the worst comparison I've ever seen. Sure, Blizzard isn't 100% fair, but you'll probably never find someone/organization that is. DotA, on the other hand, was not put together by professionals who get paid to do their job, and go through masses upon masses of versions/testing/patches to fix the problems found.

For the "owned like crazy comment": I think that was Sargon's point. WHY would you want to put yourself in that position? Why pick that hero with the other hero, who will own you every time? You just supported HIS argument!

Tier 3 upgraded Tauren can take down a good few crappy Tier 1 Riflemen before they get ONE down... So... Bad argument.

Edit to your Edit:

Ryoko or DotA is unbalanced?

All of the above :rolleyes:
of corse y not compard blizzard to dota.hey did blizzard make all those really fun maps we play now in custom? no i think it was the players and people who are on this forum? i bet 50% of bnet players play custom gamees only that were not made by blizzard so y not compare?

of corse blizzard set the standards but aent we suppose to try to make better?

DM Cross

Reaction score
of corse y not compard blizzard to dota

Because Blizzard is a company of successful game-makers, and DotA is a clan of teenage kids who play said company's game. Very very different groups of people right there.

hey did blizzard make all those really fun maps we play now in custom? no i think it was the players and people who are on this forum?

First off, lose the attitude. I never said Blizzard was better then the players, which it seems, to me, that you assume I meant that.

I didn't.

Second off, what's this got to do with anything? The DotA creators didn't make "all those really fun maps we play now in custom" either!

i bet 50% of bnet players play custom gamees only that were not made by blizzard so y not compare?

So, you just said the games that people make are different then the games that blizzard makes, so they're open to comparison?

... WHAT?! That's supporting my argument, that's reason for you NOT to compare then: They're too different.

of corse blizzard set the standards but aent we suppose to try to make better?

Set the standards in what? Balance? Balance comes in all different shapes, sizes and smells. Balance in one game may not be balance in another. In WC's melee games, sorcerers and naturally incredibly weak, and probably can't take out anything other then another sorcerer character, in face to face combat, right? (And I don't mean Heroes, I mean Priests, Shamen, etc. etc.)

Now, if you apply that SAME RULE, that magic users need, and cannot survive without a melee force in front of them to an RPG game, well, no one would want to play a sorcerer because they'd always die...

So you have to make the sorcerer a bit physically stronger to re-balance everything.

Get it?

U are a noob

Reaction score
SD_Ryoko said:
Fuck all that. This item, that item, get this.

Put NAKED necro vs NAKED naix. Naix avatars. GG Necro.

Put NAKED necro vs NAKED Spirit. GG Necro.

Heres my official stance on balance.

THE MINUTE I HAVE TO ANYTHING SPECIAL, ANYTHING AT ALL TO COUNTER A HERO, THAT I DONT HAVE TO DO WITH OTHER HEROES, HE IS IMBA.
WOW of corse its gonna be like that. What about in rpg people who use magic char bet warrior(coimg from WoW).

DM Cross

Reaction score
What you just said isn't what Ryoko named unfair.

That's a TYPE of hero that's good against a TYPE of hero.

Ryoko, to my knowledge, is talking about a SPECIFIC hero, with abilities to target a SPECIFIC hero.

Like if the Arch Mage had a spell called Stone To Mud that turned the Mountain King (who is a Dwarf, and as Legend tells us, was crafted from stone, like all Dwarves) into a Mountain Puddle. The move, however, can only affect Dwarves. THAT, my friend, is imbalanced, and THAT, my friend, is what Ryoko was talking about.

Sargon

Reaction score
I think that Ryoko was also refering primarily to items, not abilities.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Oh, well... That, too. Items hold abilities, don't they? :D

Naw, that was just a corny way to make me seem right. Well, I'm not WRONG, but if the topic was items, not hero abilities, then I'm talking about the wrong topic...

Anyway, the same thing DOES apply for items. Items may have certain effects on certain TYPES of heroes (like maybe some Demon Hunter tool that affects ALL demonic heroes) but to have an item target one specific hero is, of course, unbalanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.