double attack in every successful attack

snmiglight

Reaction score
hey guys... just wanna hear some feedbacks from you

is it possible to make a trigger that causes the unit from attacking twice just like Dota's Geminate Attack, but instead of cooling down, triggered in every attack, let's say in every 6/5/4 attacks, just like the old Overload (w/c is Storm Spirit's third skill in Dota). Another thing, could be possible for it to be non-Orb, for the hero im currently working on has an autocast on its skill set. I'm thinking that on the double attack stuff, whenever the conditions are met, then the base attack cooldown should be 0.01 for the next two attacks, then restore the original attack cooldown... can it be codeable for GUI?

SIMPLY PUT: I want a Double Attack skill like in Dota, but in a non-Orb form so that it can still double attack with orbs, crits, or bash, and is triggered in every attack like Overload.

thanks in advance... ^^

Nexor

Reaction score
You should create another Unit based on your Hero/unit and set all stuff the same as your Hero/unit, give it locust and order it to attack the target, then remove, or hide (if you hide it, you dont have to create every time the hero/unit)

snmiglight

Reaction score
You should create another Unit based on your Hero/unit and set all stuff the same as your Hero/unit, give it locust and order it to attack the target, then remove, or hide (if you hide it, you dont have to create every time the hero/unit)

but my hero has an autocast skill, lets say searing arrow, is there a code that enables that dummy to copy its autocast skill?? (that's the reason why i want the double attack to be non-orb) and if my hero has crit, bash whatsoever on its inventory, is there a code for the dummy to inherit it on its attack? thanks for reply ^^

Nexor

Reaction score
you should set the abilities to the same level and the give the items to the dummy too. make a trigger that checks if you turn on or off the autocast ability, if it's on then everytime the normal hero attacks move the dummy and make the same as the original and order it to attack the target, if its off then make nothing. and make another trigger for manually casting the autocast ability and do the same as above.

snmiglight

Reaction score
now i get it... how about the trig about every attacks? how can i do it? im still newbie in WE.. i want it MUI... thnks again

Nexor

Reaction score
I think I will make it for you today, but now I have to go :)
Just wait for it, and tell me what's the unit you based it on, and the autocast ability.

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Here i found it. Next time do a little searching urself :). Give credits to AoW

Nexor

Reaction score
He asked for a NON-ORB ability...

I'm just about to make your skill (should it be MPI/MUI or just Single Player Instable?)

Firezy

Reaction score
This is what I used, basically it makes a dummy unit cast Unholy Frenzy on the unit giving to 400% attack speed for a second

Shadow Strike is my skill
Unit is a dummy unit

Code:
Shadow Strike
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
    Actions
        Set Caster_Loc = (Position of (Triggering unit))
        Set DA_Attacker = (Attacking unit)
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Random real number between 1.00 and 100.00) Less than or equal to (20.00 x (Real((Level of Shadow Strike  for DA_Attacker))))
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Create 1 Unit for (Owner of DA_Attacker) at Caster_Loc facing Caster_Loc
                Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
                Unit - Order (Last created unit) to Undead Necromancer - Unholy Frenzy DA_Attacker
                Set p_sstrike = (Position of (Attacking unit))
                Special Effect - Create a special effect at p_sstrike using Abilities\Spells\Orc\MirrorImage\MirrorImageCaster.mdl
                Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
                Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_p_sstrike)
                Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
                Wait 1.00 seconds
                Trigger - Turn on (This trigger)
            Else - Actions
        Custom script:   call RemoveLocation(udg_Caster_Loc)

This is just to double attack... dunno how you wanna modify it though

Nexor

Reaction score
Sorry man, I tried it it works quite well, but you are able to select the Hero with Locust, dunno why, it will be easier to use the orb skill with searing arrows, I made 5 triggers to make it work, but it won't work correctly at some points...

snmiglight

Reaction score
thank guys for the help... but i guess i really need to have its attack geminated, not by a dummy, but using the hero's REAL attack. as i have said before, i need the skill together with an autocast skill; and should we use a dummy unit; it will (the autocast) not correctly work with this skill... (because of the autocast's framework.. as i can see it) anyways, HERE is the autocast skill that should work with this. (i haven't made a code for this skill yet, however, for i dont know how to and i haven't gained access to the internet for the past 8 months.)

Igor_Z

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
So use the 1 that i gaved u. I gave u a link which the spell is made in object editior i think

snmiglight

Reaction score
no, it wont work; for the skill set i intend to work with this one has an autocast...(an orb autocast; based on searing arrows; the link you gave uses searing arrow as orb, if i use it, every attack will ALWAYS be doubled.) the one you gave is based on an Orb... what i need is a non-orb double attack...

Nexor

Reaction score
If your really need it to be autocasted, I suggest to use a dummy unit with the model of the projectile, move it to the target remove it and deal the same damage as the original unit.

snmiglight

Reaction score
i do really think that using a dummy unit will not work... actually my autocast skill is like this.. an autocast skill that drains target's movespeed by n% and then increasing caster's attackspeed by n%; stacks up to six times... can this skill work even i use a dummy unit to geminate the attack? what i want in mind is that both skills should work... click HERE for more info for my autocast....

Nexor

Reaction score
I think that you should make the geminate attack using orb effect, and only enable one of these. So it's a bit balanced :)
you won't attack the enemy twice while slowing it.

snmiglight

Reaction score
I think that you should make the geminate attack using orb effect, and only enable one of these. So it's a bit balanced :)
you won't attack the enemy twice while slowing it.

yes i know, it's quite imbalanced... but actually by using the mechanics using orb will do further imbalances... for the autocast itself is an orb!! means that should i autocast it then every attack will do double.

I found this :p its not an orb but you need NewGen
Give credits to the maker by the way =)

Double Shot

how can i edit this to trigger in every... lets say 6/5/4 attacks??

dont know how read JASS... sorry ^^

EDIT: i think i've got an idea... does anyone here knows how DOTA's overpower work? it's an active skill that increases its caster's attackspeed by 500% when cast, only for the next 5 attacks. what i have in mind is to use the same principle aand apply it to the next 2 attacks only; and aside from attackspeed bonus, also sets the buffed unit's attack cooldown to 0.01 then restore it after the next 2 attacks. but my question is: is there a code that can alter a unit's base attack cooldown?
about triggering the skill in every successful attacks, what i am thinking is that when the buff that alters the unit's attack cooldown is onthe triggering unit, the attacks will not be counted as the attacks that will be triggering the attack gemination. i found this skill, and i think this' gonna be helpful, but it is written in JASS and i dont understand it...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.