Double Strike Help

DarkBELL

Reaction score
Hello, I am trying to make a passive spell called Double Strike

As it said it give a chance for the hero to attack again at an Insane speed for 1 hit

Each time he land a hit The Chance Variable is random between 1 to 100 if it fall between the specific percentages then the move triggered

However, I can't seem to grasp the concept of having the Hero instantly attacking Twice for specifically 1 hit

The trigger I tried using is to Pause then Unpause the hero before using the "Issue order targeting a unit - (Attack) Unit" command. This doesn't work however

the next one I tried using is creating an Item Attack Speed bonus skill that give 9999 Attack Speed booste. I'm thinking about adding this ability to the hero when the spell triggered But thinking again, that wouldn't work because I cannot calculate the Wait time for the hero to land exactly one more hit

anybody have an idea please help me out

Thank you in advance!

hgkjfhfdsj

Reaction score
because I cannot calculate the Wait time for the hero to land exactly one more hit
- perhaps register a attack damage taken event and remove on 2nd hit?

sarkurayboy

Reaction score
Using pause then unpause actions will not be good. Like what hgkjfhfdsj said , it will just solve your problem.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Yes, like hgkjfhfsj said, if you use a simple damage detection trigger, this would be very simple. For example:

Trigger:
  • Events
    • GDD_Event becomes equal to 0.00
    • Conditions
      • put whatever conditions you want
    • Actions
      • Set DoubleStrikeChance = random integer between 1 and 100
      • If/Then/Else
        • If DoubleStrikeChance = [whatever chance you want]
      • Then
        • Trigger - turn off (this trigger)
        • Play GDD_DamageSource's attack animation
        • Qeue GDD_DamageSource's stand animation
        • Cause GDD_DamageSource to damage GDD_DamagedUnit dealing GDD_Damage of attack type Normal and damage type Normal
        • Trigger - turn on (this trigger)
      • Else

I believe something like that should work. You would also need to make sure it is attack damage that is detected, not spell damage.

Sartan

Reaction score
cant you just maek it a critical strike? since 2 hits is pretty mcuh as dubbel damage?

Also if it is a range hero... you can use orb of slow with the searing arrow in it.

DarkBELL

Reaction score
Wahh! You guys gotta think about the eye candy!!

Anyhow thanks a lot guy, I'll give damage detection a kick

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Wahh! You guys gotta think about the eye candy!!

Anyhow thanks a lot guy, I'll give damage detection a kick

It's quite hard to accomplish the animation. If you use the damage detection method, your animation would look very jerky. I would suggest you use Orb of Lightning (new) and add a searing arrow if it's the case of range heroes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.