[Drawing] First-Time coloring...

Syndrome

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
[Drawing] First-Time coloring... [Updated: 03/26/2010]

Let me just say this first:
Omg.
I can't believe I did this.
It's like, literally my first time coloring and it came out like this.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!#$@%$!@$%^&
I think it's pretty amazing.

1st Picture:
Quick sketch:
o6h7xw.jpg

Colored:
15hykar.jpg

Second Picture:
Quick sketch:
2iht4pl.jpg

Colored:
6on7cy.jpg

Comments and criticism please. Also, tell me how you color cause all I did was put layers on multiply and paint things in using the basic brushes. There's gotta be a cooler way lol.

That and I need someone to tell me how to draw a freaking nose properly.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
well i know the process of making an cooler colored thingy :) but you will sadly need an GraficTablet you will trace over in a new layer the image then using some of the technics from this tutorial Check out the video at the middle of post and btw it looks amazing :X but i usually tend to like monotone drawings more than color :p +rep

edit: and for the nose i usualy only draw an small line or 2 smalls points

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Anime doesn't need noses, :p Nobody needs noses!
Nice, I enjoy this.
I don't know if it's just me, but is there like a white, horizontal line in the center-left part, by the hair?
More! With a side of LoL too.

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
Anime doesn't need noses, :p Nobody needs noses!
Nice, I enjoy this.
I don't know if it's just me, but is there like a white, horizontal line in the center-left part, by the hair?
More! With a side of LoL too.

hihi :) well anime don't need nose but i think I do need an nose to smell :p so i don't look like an "creepy" monster :))

Whitesock

Graphics Help Zone Moderator
Reaction score
I would highly suggest you clean up your linework. This will require that you either pentool over it or trace it using a tablet.

Also for cell style coloring, make sure you plan out your delineations between colors cleanly so there's no sketch-brush look to it.

That and I need someone to tell me how to draw a freaking nose properly.

Ok this is a tough subject. You have to keep in mind a nose is made up of cartilage and a bone. There are a few cartilage structures.

http://www.floobynooby.com/FAD/Andrew Loomis - Drawing Heads And Hands.pdf

Take a look at page 51 on here (55 in the actual book that was scanned). There you can see some noses and such, and how they were constructed. This book is overall a great resource and I would highly suggest you read it and do some studies from it.

Syndrome

Reaction score
Haha everyone notices the missing noses in all of my drawings xD
But thank you all for your comments and help!

The noses I kinda aim to do aren't really realistic. Just a simple line or two should be it. But that book has a few sections on the anatomy that I definitely need to work on, thanks Whitesock!

Syndrome

Reaction score
Bump! Added a second picture of the same girl, testing if I can color consistently and if the character looks the same as the other one. Cleaned the hair up a bit [the back one not so much] as well as many parts of the picture before coloring it and it actually looks kinda cool. I also tried to speed up the process but I actually took an hour longer to color because I had to go over the pencil parts with white first D:

If you can't draw a realistic nose it's hard to know how to bend the rules and make a cartoon nose. Trust me, learning the basics of anatomy will help you draw people in any style you choose (yes, even anime).

Haha yeah. I'm practicing noses right now. Hopefully my next picture will show the entire body including nose and feet [the two parts I absolutely suck at]

EDIT: I just realized I uploaded the picture that was half done. Whoops. Will re-upload to get the other one in. [The eyes in the one I uploaded were completely changed in the other one.]

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.