[Drawing] Improved Character Concept

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Hello. I need someone who is good at character drawing, and who can improve my concept for a character I am using for my Game that I am working on, and quite possibly future characters. I have a concept already, which can be used, and modified, or if its preferred, it can be done from scratch. If you need it, i can provide the gimp .xcf file, or put it in another format.
- The concept art, as well as a useful description of the character can be found here

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
I can do it. I don't know if I can make her as beautiful as she is described to be, but I can try.

I can draw fairly well, I'm sure some people around here could vouch for that, and I want to know if you want it in color or what. I can't draw on the computer very well, so if you want something digitally created I can't help you.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Well, I have some other characters that in particular need better concepts, perhaps you can start off on those. I have yet to post them online yet but I scanned them.

Genkora

Reaction score
I made a sketch of your Aruah character. I don't know if it's exactly what you are looking for, but tell me what you think. I don't have a working scanner, so I took a snapshot of it and edited the brightness and contrast a little bit, so her shoes are darker in the picture than they actually are in my sketchbook.

Attachments

• Character Concept.jpg
    Character Concept.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 276

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
pretty good. I like the figure, and attire. Dress a little bit longer, and her face needs more umph. Purer, and innocent. She looks like a girl in the 30's being rebellious. Think, mid-evil, time, the hair length is right. but it doesn't look quite right. I like the dress, just longer, and the shoes, would not look like that either. Very good, just needs some tweaks. Next character I'd like you to work on is Daromere, and I'm not even going to show you my concept ^_^. (its not that good) Oh yes and the necklace, is a corral shape. A metal chain with a blue coral piece. I'm sorry I'm being so particular that's just how i am :D she has to fit the description :D. She is just a delicate character, and its hard to capture. Elis, i won't be so picky on.

As Miz would say, I'm in love with my character and she has to be perfect :D

Genkora

Reaction score
I'm afraid I can't exactly make her look perfect. I can make the tweaks you want like a longer dress and different shoes and stuff, and I suppose I can try to make her look more gentle, but with faces, when I have nothing to work with (visually, not descriptively) it's hard to know how it will turn out until it's done.

As for a coral shaped necklace, I can't exactly draw something that complex with all those twists and turns on such a small scale, and I don't necessarily want to pull out a 18"x 24" pad. I could do something kinda like that, but it would have to be more simple.

edit - is there any particular style you would rather have it? More like a cartoon, more realistic, etc.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Well, for the drawing, it can be small, and simple coral shape if possible, and i understand about the scale. I want it realistic not cartoony, the style you have is perfect. And as for looks, Idk, Kinda like my picture, as far as the facial expression. A sort of, very deep in thought kinda look. The face just needs a little more tweak, thats all.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Colored Version

With a small amount of effort, i colored this in gimp. Its not perfect, but that's because, the shadings probably going to be modified a bit more.

Attachments

• AruahConcept.png
    AruahConcept.png
    451 KB · Views: 296

Genkora

Reaction score
Sorry it took me so long, I see you have colored the first one, looks pretty good, you should teach me how to do that with gimp. This one meets your specifications better I think, but the first drawing I made is just plain better than this one. In my opinion you should use the first one.

I'll get you a better quality copy of it when I can, I need to go to the library and use a scanner there.

Attachments

• Picture 5.png
    Picture 5.png
    358.1 KB · Views: 293

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
yeah i like the first one a lot better this one is, ehh, well her face is scary lol. I thought you were just going to modify the original. Well you can work on Daromere next, just make sure he resembles Aruah, as he is her brother. Make sure his hair isnt girly looking. It is long, but a male's hair would be frizzy. To color the picture, just make a new layer in Gimp, over the black and white, and change the filter mode to "Color" then what ever color you put, will overlay. Keep in mind the color is a tad bit different, when it is laid on the picture, and complete white, shows nothing, all black, is the solid color. Also, brown, shows up orange, so you will most likely have to do a separate special layer.

edit: if you fix the face, you might be able to use it for Elisuah, but the face needs to be completely erased, and elongate the hair.

Genkora

Reaction score
I think the face is scary looking because of the poor quality. If I get a picture up there with better quality then you might like it, but like I said, I need to hit the library for that.

edit - I could modify the original if you like, but it might look sloppy what with the erasing.

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
Personally, I say the second one is best.
It just needs to be slightly taller, and a different hairstyle I think.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Umm no?? Not for Aruah anyway. This one looks old and in her mid 30s-40s. Her neck is too long and I decided it liked the other shoes better, and the dress before was perfect, in design. I just do not think the second fits Aruah. But it could, If the specified changes, are made, be used for Elis, but you(Genkora) need to read her description.

-edit: didnt see Genkora's post: Keep the first picture of Aruah as it is, its perfectly fine. As for the Second picture, if you fix it up, make the neck shorter, you might be able to use it for Elis.

Genkora

Reaction score
sorry, I kinda forgot about this thread. As far as Daromere goes, I need some more information about him other than he resembles Aruah. Like, does he dress like a wealthy person or in common clothes, or any other specific details I should know about.

Drakethos

Preordered Sc2 ftw!
Reaction score
Daromere read his description. He does not have facial hair, if any, small stubble. As for attire, he is in a higher status, so he would dress better. But the Aracose, all are at a pretty much equal economic status. Their attire, and stature is affected by achievement and rank. Someone of importance will be garnished with finer fabrics. But everyone already has fine clothing.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Here is another comfort food favorite - Million Dollar Casserole - https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-million-dollar-casserole.193614/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.