Campaign Dreamlord - Alter Way Chronicles

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Don't böther meh with shiny system thingy! I have great many things to do before that! There will be new skills! :)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
:eek: Awesome! :thup:

You should make the buildings bigger, because right now, they're pretty small. Those robots wouldn't be able to fit in one room? :D

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Larc

Reaction score
mh...full voice acting in cinematics!?
I would expect a big filesize then,50+ Mb?.
And do you use a specific program to make the robotic voices?

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
mh...full voice acting in cinematics!?

Not only in cinematics, but during the 'action' too. Rian sometimes comments his actions, and also there is the unit sound set.

I would expect a big filesize then,50+ Mb?.

It will be bout 40. I'm trying to lower the file sizes to minimum, however quality won't really suffer it's effects.

And do you use a specific program to make the robotic voices?

Well yes it is a program... :)

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Wow thanks dude! :)

Truth is I don't really have time to work on it these days. I've been working on the abilities recently. Most of these are finished just like the terrain and the opening cinematics of Deep Water. I'll upload some more screenies soon.
Thanks for the bump man! :shades:

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I'd have done it sooner, but all those requests are piling up like water in the pasific ocean and I've also been working on my map, so I guess I forgot a bit abot this project :p

Well, since it is taiking so much time, i'd just advice you after the end of the missions, if your main character is still alive, you shloud be anle to go arround the levels killing creeps, searching for hidden stuff and so on.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
if your main character is still alive, you shloud be anle to go arround the levels killing creeps, searching for hidden stuff and so on.

You should know that in my campaigns the story is the most important part. I don't want to make this one kinda creep killin' insanity. The idea is good, but for a story based map it doesn't fit. However I'll give you the opportunity to feed your killing desires in the upcoming AOS I'll put together. :shades:

Thanks for the comment! ;)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
why wloud he get banned? Lord usually doesn't post much... for 3 years he has 300+ posts.. small eh ?>

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I think he got banned so I went to his user profile and didn't see him online or he hid his online status.

I'm here don't worry! I just like to hide myself when I'm online. :eek:

Lord usually doesn't post much... for 3 years he has 300+ posts.. small eh ?

Wise man speaks little! :eek:

Status Report please...

I'm f***ing with the abilities dude... So far I have 18. I need at least 2 more. Some basic triggers are also missing, and I can't continue makin' the quests and etc without them. :rolleyes:
Don't worry! I'm working hard on it (when I have some freetime)!

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, I know what you mean... I mean to complete a map that doesn't su*k you must go through a nightmare of object editing, triggering terraining, and when you think you are done you must balance, clear leaks, finish the terrain...

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Heya!

It's not a bump! Just wanted to say I'm still working on this project hard. I have almost every units and abilities ready, and some cool new ideas to make this map more exciting. Umm that's all I think. I'll update the first post after I figured out how many chapters I'll need to finish the story. :p
Hope dies last! ;)

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I have to say, this looks absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to play it. Are there are other maps like this that you've made? If so, I would like to play them. This looks awesome.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I had to work a lot recently (in the past 1 year), but now I'm happy to inform you that I'm back in the WE business again! ;)
I decided to start the whole project over. My first reason of doing this was I did not like the old AWC's plot and concept, the second was the competition. There are so many great looking new maps out there it's really hard for me to keep up the pace. This third episode of the Dreamlord series will be my last project, so I will do the best I can to make it awesome. It'll contain all systems and ideas I made/had during my 4 years WE career, boosted with more advanced terrain, full voice acting and much longer game time.
I will give AWC to you in pieces. The first release will contain a tutorial map and the first chapter. Together, they'll offer about 2 hours of gameplay. Note that these alpha phase maps will be linked only in this thread, which means you won't find them at the Hive or w3campaigns or anywhere else.
I'm gonna update the first post with more information about campaign later.

GL&HF! :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.