Campaign Dreamlord

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
So, um Lord, did you have that idea I said? About some spells shooting foward and stuff, instead of just everything going around you in a area.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Of course! Thing is I'm working on the third map which is (like the 1st and 2nd one) a cinematic style level, and I don't really need any spells yet. When I get to that part, I'll show you my ideas. :)

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Progress Update!

Okay here's what I have so far:

Command System

As I wrote before, Shane will have companions. They can be ordered to follow Shane, guard the area or to regroup. To order them you'll need to type the correct command in chat, then hit Enter.
The command words are the following: follow, guard, together.

List of Companions

Dean 'Osprey' Baird
Dean.jpg

Nightmare - Warrior Hero (melee)
Low DP (Dream Power - Intelligence), but high hit points and armor value.
Has Battlecall(Taunt) and Victory Shout(AOE enemy weakening spell).

Dina Parvey
Dina.jpg

Nightmare - Warrior Heroine (melee)
Average DP, average hit points, high armor value.
Has Venom(Soul Burn) and Victory Shout.

Arva
Arva.jpg

Fairy - Spellcaster (ranged)
High DP, low hit points and armor value.
Has Confusion(Bash) and Healing Dome(Essence of Blight).

Just like Shane, they'll start every chapter with 0 energy (mana). This means they can't use any of their abilities (except Arva, coz Bash is passive). There are two ways to charge them: Shane can give them the Energy Runes (recharges lost energy when used) he finds, or &..@%=\\.-@... I don't tell you yet... :shades:

Spellcasting

Instead of creating targeted spells, I've made some passive ones (like orb effects, auras, bonus armor, etc.)which can be activated by a magic word. This may sound boring, but believe me it's pretty exciting when you are in the middle of a battle, and you'll have to type words fast like Hell if you wanna' boost Shane. If you want to see the list of spells let me know and I'll post it.

That's all for now. Soon I'll release a small trailer too. Keep the thread warm til I make it. ;)

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
Starting to sound very interesting, can't wait to see the trailer and certainly can't wait to play the campaign.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm having some problems with the cameras. It seems that my 3rd person cam mode works fine in single scenarios, but in this campaign the same trig has bugs. The only way I could keep the cam mode is if I'd make all cinematic cameras move (Apply Cam1 0 sec + Apply Cam2 30 sec).
Though I don't know if I need that 3rd person camera system. I could use the normal W3-ish camera view.

I can't decide which solution is the better. Please give your opinions. This thing really slows me down... :(

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
Lemme get this straight... So 12th Century Ireland... was all in Shane Scarlight's head? Explains the drinking habits related to the irish then... pink sheep'll do that to ya.

Looks like a standout project, nothing you've presented so far gives that gross 'looks too much like warcraft 3 trying to be something else' feeling. So close to finishing too... for a change I've spotted a project I'd actually like to try.

No time for a break yo, keep at it

Code:
[B]baaaa
     \[COLOR="magenta"] [SIZE="3"][I] ())[/I][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR="magenta"]       0(___) [/COLOR]
[COLOR="magenta"]         | |[/COLOR][/B]

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
This one is cool:

Code:
[B]baaaa
     \  [COLOR="Magenta"]())
       0(___) 
         | |[/COLOR][/B]

I don't really want to tell much about the story, because I've made it too awesome :shades:, tho in the trailer few major things will be revealed (I'll upload it to Youtube, so u won't have to download anything manually to your HDD if u know what I mean... ;) ).

I need only 2, maximum 3 weeks to finish this. And I will not rest til I release the beta. :D

Exide

I am amazingly focused right now!
Reaction score
Looks promising. =)
When can we expect a beta testmap?

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Well...about the cast spells with words idea.This is the best(ultimate)assete of your game.Expand this as much as you can.This is quite possibly the best idea of a fighting system since ArcheryTactics was created :) keep goin'

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Looks promising. =)
When can we expect a beta testmap?

Thanks! :)
In about 2 weeks. I will upload it to my own webspace. I'll need the ppl's help to list the glitches they find (obviously).

Well...about the cast spells with words idea.This is the best(ultimate)assete of your game.Expand this as much as you can.This is quite possibly the best idea of a fighting system since ArcheryTactics was created keep goin'

Believe me I am working as hard as I can! :D

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Progress Updated!

I have terrain templates and doodads for almost every map and that's cool. Problem is I'm running out of custom unit ideas...
Any help would be appreciated. :rolleyes:

Exide

Reaction score
>Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure if you consider this help or not. But I'm working on a campaign myself.. Let's see who releases the beta first, shall we? :p

Oh and if you need playtesters I'd love to help. :)

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
>Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure if you consider this help or not. But I'm working on a campaign myself.. Let's see who releases the beta first, shall we? :p

O.O!!!
Is it sum kind of challenge?!? :D
And what does 'beta' means to you? Releasing the first few maps or completing the whole campaign with some unknown bugs?
Well it's okay for me. (But prepare! Next week I'll have lots of time to work on my project! :shades: )

Oh and if you need playtesters I'd love to help.

I accept your aid. IDK if you've posted your project on Helper, but I'd like to check it out... :)

Exide

Reaction score
My beta map will be finished as soon as all the main quests are completed.
-Then I will, most likely, add items, side-quests, units and more and finally work on balance.

Yea, I have my campaign posted here:
http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=102236
-Which already has a playable map attached. -But it hasn't reached beta-status yet. :p

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Fallen Monk eh?

Downloading /

Testing /

Wow this one looks pretty neat. Surely you'll have to work much more than me, coz yours is an RPG. I don't need to think about the experience, the levels of abilities and the quests coz mine is an adventure. :)
Cool project tho. If I were you I'd give the monk a nerubian companion, because nerubians are so awesome... :shades:

Exide

Reaction score
Thanks. :)
Yea, balance will be my worst enemy, I believe. :p
Anyways, this is getting offtopic.

Just tell me when you need a beta tester. =)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.