Campaign Dreamlord

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
ah, silly me, ok thanks....Man the next four days are gonna S**k.I am going straight to hell.Maybe I'll find Shane there :D

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah...but there aren't any comps in hell.Btw the fighting system is cool.(not that i have experienced it that much for now but from what I see it is cool)

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Off-Topic Question: What did " S**k" mean? SUCK? Sorry if that offends anyone, lol, I just want to know.

Suggestion: All cinematic information that is important should be displayed in the quests once the cinematic is over. Why? Because, like what happened to me, the cinematics can play accidentally without you knowing, and then you would miss information you need. I went to the bathroom, and I thought I paused it, but it didn't, and when I came back, a cinematic was playing...

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
Off-Topic Question: What did " S**k" mean? SUCK? Sorry if that offends anyone, lol, I just want to know.

Suggestion: All cinematic information that is important should be displayed in the quests once the cinematic is over. Why? Because, like what happened to me, the cinematics can play accidentally without you knowing, and then you would miss information you need. I went to the bathroom, and I thought I paused it, but it didn't, and when I came back, a cinematic was playing...

Yep.I got -rep a coupple of times for using it so...anyway tommorow i am going to hell.Too bad i won't finish plyaing this.Anyway, the campaing is fgreat!!!!!Good job!I have one sugjestion though- you might want to warn us a bit earlier what we shloud do untill we get stronger.I mean from my neverending arogance and "I am a Skeleton With a robe and your ass is on fire, bone head" attitude i got pawned about 10 times on the tird level

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Haha, nub. :p

I owned everything! Muaha! ha...

Anyway, I will continue this when I can, and perhaps with another review... :)

Bloodcount

Starcraft II Moderator
Reaction score
I am gonna continue after the most torchuring and humiliating 4 days of my life...with a review ofcourse...

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
cinematics can play accidentally without you knowing

Haha! That is pretty impossible! :D:D
Cinematics only play at the beginning of a chapter, or if you enter an Event Circle. On which map did this happen to you?

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
I played a part of your campaign and up to now it's amazing.

Just two small remarks:
1. Sometimes there are these strange pauses in the dialogs which shouldn't be there, I think.
2. Sometimes the dialog sound a bit odd, but that could just be me. :p

Great job! :thup:

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I'm glad you like it! :)

Sometimes there are these strange pauses in the dialogs which shouldn't be there, I think.

Sometimes people must think of they want to say next. These 'waits' give the dialogs some spice.

***EDIT***

+rep for the first one who completes the campaign!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
But then people can lie and say that is them!? But I will finish it, since I'm doing it right now and not stopping till I complete it! :D

Btw, it was on chapter 3. My guy was just standing there, and something happened... and the cinematic was playing when I returned!

Note: I forgot to tell you last night, the shooting stars (aka attack) sound is very annoying! ^^

Error in Chapter 4 Cinematic during the faded text information: "...many forgotten what happened that morning..." should be "...many have forgotten what had happended that morning..." I think... something like that, I forget.

Rofl, Dean is funny. And two things: 1) I don't see my allies casting spells even with mana. 2) I found a giant spider that I controlled... o_O In fact, I found like 5! edit: nevermind, I saw some spells.

Suggestion: When you cast a spell, don't make it go into a cinematic because things happen and then you can't do anything. Maybe make it use "Game - Display text" instead. NO! My companion died right at the end, and I had to restart the whole thing again! Make checkpoints please, lol. Or so that you can skip cinematics if you have seen it before.

EDIT 2: Ok, I could say that I finished first (I know I started first :D) but that would be lying... my companion died right at the end again and I had to restart it with those 5 minute long cinematics, lol. And I have to go now =(. I SHALL STLL BE FIRST!

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I don't see my allies casting spells even with mana.

This is a beta version. There are no real spellcasting trigs for Shane's companions.

I found a giant spider that I controlled... o_O In fact, I found like 5!

Will fix that! Me stupid... :nuts:

My companion died right at the end, and I had to restart the whole thing again! Make checkpoints please, lol. Or so that you can skip cinematics if you have seen it before.

Save sometimes! :):)

I had to restart it with those 5 minute long cinematics, lol. And I have to go now =(. I SHALL STLL BE FIRST!

Which chapter is that hard for you? :confused:

When you cast a spell, don't make it go into a cinematic because things happen and then you can't do anything.

I will make these cinematic responses shorter, but this function is something I can't just remove. Consider it as casting time.

cleeezzz

The Undead Ranger.
Reaction score
>I will make these cinematic responses shorter, but this function is something I can't just remove. Consider it as casting time.

yes i just finished chapter 3. anyway it looks good, i have the same feeling though, casting kinda feels too long especially if the enemy doesnt die in 1 hit haha. and since you can shorten cast time, you could consider not pausing the enemies because you could just spam burn and they never hit you (maybe once in between), also while running away from something (although it wasnt a big deal when shane had to run away from skeles since their dmg was weak + they were slow) when i stepped into a cinematic, it lost its orders and went back to attack the skele, this could be bad if your low on health (if you have chase things later) it shouldn't be too hard to store the last order when you step into a cine and resume it when the cine is done. but its not a big deal again since it was so easy anyway.

(i have a feeling the casting cine will get old though, im not sure but its like after seeing it 50 times, its not that cool anymore and you just want to skip the cine.)

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Another dude downloaded my campaign! Awesome! :D

You're right about most of these things, but note that the first 4 maps are kinda cinematc/tutorial style ones. These are to teach you the basics and to preapre you for the tougher battles (for example Chapter 9 is pretty hard to complete imo... :p).

Thanks for your comment!

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Click on the quest tab and you'll see. :)

***EDIT***

Sorry, but it seems the quest thingy is bugged. I don't know why tho. I will edit the first post and put da spell list there...

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Just played the campaign a bit, stopped at the map were you run around killing spiders with three companions. The map has it's upsides and it's downsides, as with everything else in the world.

What I did like:
The terrain, it was colorful and had a realistic terrain height change. Also there were a lot of bushes, flowers, critters etc that looked real good.

The circle usage, it's simple good and unique.

The third person camera use, I think this should be used more often. Though you have missed to make the camera follow the units flying height which makes it look weird, when you for example cross a bridge the camera goes down in the water and up again.

The chat commanding, it's unique and inspired me to use somewhat the same thing in my own campaign. (Sorry for copying you at that but the only thing that's alike is that you use the chat to cast spells. The spells are completely different and you use them in whole other ways and situations.)

What I did not like:
The dialogs, there were just too many of them. It's good at many places such as special events, quests etc but to use them so much makes it more of a cinematic than a campaign.

The movement, I would prefer arrow key movement with a third person camera. Especially since you cast spells with the chat dialog.

Not free enough, it's very much "follow the road", "do this, do that" etc, it makes it feel kind of slow and boring. (Now really I haven't played the whole campaign yet so I shouldn't complain about that, this is just my feelings this far.)

So quiet, there are barely no sounds at all. I'm sure some of the Warcraft music sounds and special effect sounds would fit nicely in your campaign, if not you can always import. (Though a campaign map must follow the 4MB rule, otherwise they won't work in the campaign editor so I understand if that's the reason.)

Better control of teammates. You won't believe me when I tell you this but my teammates actually blocked me at a lake just after the spiders in the woods. I walked up to the lake to get a better view of what was out there and then my teammates followed up to me, walked up beside me and there I was, blocked between them and the lake unable to move. Only thing I could do was to restart the game...

Well that's about it, I think. Will test the campaign further when I get the time to it.

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
First off thanks for the comment!

When you stuck use this 'cheat': unstuckshane
This will turn off collision for Shane, so you can run through your companions. (It has 30 secs cooldown, and also lasts for only 4 secs)

I know there aren't many sounds in it, but these will come with the full version.

There are lots of cinematics in the campaign and there's usually only one (let's say) road because it is an adventure/cinematic game. Totally different from the usual RPGs and stuff. It was a game that inspired me to create this campaign (The Longest Journey - Dreamfall), and believe me it gives much less freedom to the player than Dreamlord. It might be boring for the first time but imo the story really rocks and further on when the real battles begin you'll find it pretty exciting.

Also don't expect too much from a beta version... :D
Just keep on playing and you'll realise it isn't that bad at all! :)

***EDIT***

Spell List added to first post!!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Uh, it wasn't hard, my allies just died. :D

I'm on like chapter...1...2..3..4...5..6... or 7. 5 to 7, lol, if there even are 7 chapters. Somewhere around there. When I can play, I will finish it today!

Lord

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
Progress
thewrongvine
60%

Cool buddy! You've killed Orthyus right? Awesome! He's the most annoying boss... Tho I can't tell there are too much boss battles. :rolleyes::D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.