Health Drinking tea improves brain health

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
A recent study led by Assistant Professor Feng Lei from the NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine’s Department of Psychological Medicine revealed that regular tea drinkers have better organised brain regions – and this is associated with healthy cognitive function – compared to non-tea drinkers. The research team made this discovery after examining neuroimaging data of 36 older adults.

“Our results offer the first evidence of positive contribution of tea drinking to brain structure, and suggest that drinking tea regularly has a protective effect against age-related decline in brain organisation,” explained Asst Prof Feng Lei.

The research was carried out with collaborators from the University of Essex and University of Cambridge, and the findings were published in scientific journal Aging on 14 June 2019.

Past studies have demonstrated that tea intake is beneficial to human health, and the positive effects include mood improvement and cardiovascular disease prevention. In fact, results of a longitudinal study led by Asst Prof Feng which was published in 2017 showed that daily consumption of tea can reduce the risk of cognitive decline in older persons by 50 per cent.

Following this discovery, Asst Prof Feng and his team further explored the direct effect of tea on brain networks.

The research team recruited 36 adults aged 60 and above, and gathered data about their health, lifestyle, and psychological well-being. The elderly participants also had to undergo neuropsychological tests and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI). The study was carried out from 2015 to 2018.

Read more here. (National University of Singapore)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • jonas jonas:
    I think news.google shows you personalized news
  • midnight8 midnight8:
    any of the peeps in here run youtube channels? Figure of all the peeps in this forum, got to be some other geeks like me with channels
  • Ghan Ghan:
    I can say I've uploaded a YouTube video.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I can say I know someone that uploaded a youtube video :)
  • jonas jonas:
    A friend of mine has a channel where he uploads some of the crazy machines he has built. Like when he plugged an electric motor into a 3d printed gearbox, attached it to his bycicle and then drove 50mph with it.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You should post a link to his channel in General Discussion I would definitely check it out
  • The Helper The Helper:
    how hard is it to put google analytics on the site?
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Likely not hard. I think we've done it in the past. Anything in particular you want to see?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I remember we are already getting stats
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I watch the members online area of the site to see what is being viewed from the past and let me tell you there are some gems I am finding in there
  • jonas jonas:
    you could tell us the gems
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am trying to bump the gems when I find them
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    look at the whats new section
  • The Helper The Helper:
    there is not much static in the last posts on the forum
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think Tom Mai got sick of the news :(
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Hopefully he'll be back.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Probably should renew support on our xenForo license one of these days....
  • The Helper The Helper:
    we can do that how much is it?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    55 bucks ask google lol
  • The Helper The Helper:
    donate link is gone there should be one
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Added
  • Ghan Ghan:
    xenForo license is paid through 2022.
  • Wizard Wizard:
    I also still float around. Whenever I'm needed, just have Ghan poke me.
  • Ghan Ghan:
    All these old staff members that haven't been online in years....

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome