TD drol's TD

drol

Reaction score
New version up;

Changelog

v1.16
  • Added a new stat for towers; Bounty Collected, increases the gold the owner of a tower gets when the tower kills a creep, for example;
    A creep normally gives 4 gold when killed by a tower, if the tower has an item that provides +50% bounty collected it now grants 6 gold when killed by that tower.​
  • Added 5 brand new items, making a total of 57 items in the map now
  • Made the chance for a chain lightning by the Storm Accumulator increase when the tower has increased luck
  • Fixed a bug with Pillage Aura, now works properly
  • Added a new aura for Skull Rock; Hidden Treasure, increases the bounty gained by towers around it by 50%
  • Added a new ability to the Gryphon Aviary; Recall Gryphon, with this ability its easier to call your gryphon back when it decides to travel around
  • Made item chance items able to work on the following towers; Gryphon Aviary, Skull Rock, Frost Wyrm Rock and Storm Accumulator

drol

Reaction score
Update!

Changelog

v1.17
  • Added an entire new element; Metal, specialized in item and bounty increasing abilities and making things "boom!"
  • Added 21 brand new towers for Metal, including a new Hero Tower
  • Solved a few bugs
  • Minor tooltip fixes

drol

Reaction score
Minor update;

Changelog

v1.17b
  • Changed the way cooldown abilities work; they now cost mana to cast and have a lower cooldown than the time it costs to regenerate the mana, meaning mana regeneration increasing abilties/items reduce cooldown time
  • Added three new items, one which restores lost lives
  • Started with adding the Arcane element, not fully implemented yet

drol

Reaction score
Another minor update;

Changelog

v1.17c
  • Rebalanced the damage of towers with splash
  • Added a new ability to the Goblin Junkyard; Reveal, makes the zeppelin able to view invisible creeps in 800 range
  • Added a new ability to the Goblin Headquarters; Display Health, shows the player how much health the tower has
  • Removed a player message when a Goblin Headquarters ability proccs

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
Metal is pretty interesting. They seem to be strong in early game and weak in late game. IMO, the tower with Barrel Power is too weird and micro-ish. You may or may not wish to nerf the bounty-increasing auras; they're pretty powerful. ;)

FYI, the quest text for game credits displays kind of messed up...

drol

Reaction score
Metal is pretty interesting. They seem to be strong in early game and weak in late game. IMO, the tower with Barrel Power is too weird and micro-ish. You may or may not wish to nerf the bounty-increasing auras; they're pretty powerful. ;)

Yeah, aura is pretty powerful, I'm thinking about it.

The Goblin HQ (Barrel tower) is pretty weird I agree, thinking about changing that one too.

FYI, the quest text for game credits displays kind of messed up...

Thanks for noticing, will fix it in the new version.

Edit: New version will be released around next weekend

drol

Reaction score
Major update!

Changelog:

v1.18
  • Added an entire new element; Arcane, specialized in mana towers, increasing mana regeneration and special abilities
  • Added 21 brand new towers for Arcane, including a new Hero Tower
  • Added 2 new items to the game
  • Added a secret that players can unlock once they defeat insane mode
  • Rewrote a part of the core to make it easier to implement new features
  • Solved an issue which prevented the Enrage ability of the Magma Spawn to not work properly
  • Adjusted the dps and range of the following towers to their proper values; Flame Tower, Flamespray Tower and Fortress of Fire
  • Solved a mistake with the in-game credits, should now be properly displayed
  • Solved a bug with Lightning Stone, their number should now no longer be limited
  • Solved a lot of tooltip mistakes like the Enlightment tooltip
  • Fixed a lot of small mistakes and bugs

Will focus on a balance patch now.

drol

Reaction score
Small hotfix patch; v1.18b

Changelog
v1.18b
  • Fixed a bug where upgrades of the Arcane Hero tower had no mana
  • Changed the way creep pathing is handled, should be more efficient now (no gameplay change)

drol

Reaction score
Another small update, noticed some mistakes and bugs, should be pretty stable now :)

Changelog
v1.18c
  • When a player leaves the game its towers are now under control of the remaining players
  • Building props are now properly removed upon losing the game
  • Wave 100 is now displayed once more in the wave list
  • Arcane Hero tower now can trigger achievements
  • Chaos ability stun part now no longer works on endless waves or bosses
  • Hidden Treasure ability is now mentioned in the tooltip for Skull Rock
  • Time Travel should no longer trigger off damage sources other than attack
  • Time Travel debuff is now counted as a negative buff

Weep

Reaction score
33mr7lz.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Also, FPS during constant waves (200+) was 0.7, even while zoomed in.

drol

Reaction score
33mr7lz.jpg

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Also, FPS during constant waves (200+) was 0.7, even while zoomed in.

You were really close.

Hmm thats a bit odd, was it low at the waves before 200?

I might change those constant waves, they're a bit hard.

Weep

Reaction score
Hmm thats a bit odd, was it low at the waves before 200?
Only low (~10) at default zoom; zoomed in, near the 60 FPS cap, ie. it was GPU not CPU at that point. My friend with a much better system was also <2 FPS during constant waves.

I might change those constant waves, they're a bit hard.
I'll say. It was continual leaking after ~100 waves with only a few. But then, it's supposed to be hard, right? Originally, you didn't plan for there to even be an end. :p

Hopefully the unlockable is something spiffy. :D

drol

Reaction score
Only low (~10) at default zoom; zoomed in, near the 60 FPS cap, ie. it was GPU not CPU at that point. My friend with a much better system was also <2 FPS during constant waves.

I'll look into that, thanks for noticing :)
I'll say. It was continual leaking after ~100 waves with only a few. But then, it's supposed to be hard, right? Originally, you didn't plan for there to even be an end. :p

Hopefully the unlockable is something spiffy. :D

Don't get your hopes up to high :p
It is supposed to be hard but not completely impossible either. Maybe I should increase the time between unit spawning during constant spawn.

WaterKnight

Reaction score
Also have spent a game with two friends. I have to say we played on Easy.

Well, even on Easy, it cannot be that we walk straight through, building anything we want and the spawns meaning no danger. The infinite waves, that hardly differ from the normal ones, should not be the primary measurement in balancing as they are declared additional. The spawns steadily appear in a monotone manner, not creating any climax. In my opinion, the players have to be pushed from time to time to the limit and should be nearly sure to at least lose some lives. This is much more tense, more difficult to estimate and does not necessarily throw one into a persistent snowball effect where one is gradually lagging behind or not having any challenge at all. In my hero defense map, the game is divided up into sets of waves. There is some silent time between two sets but inside a set, the waves are piling up, thus leading to a heated situation. A side effect is that spawns get mixed, what I completely miss here. Everything is so random. Spawns have no theme, no/hardly interesting abilities (active ones). A lot of (random) items drop to the ground but how is the player supposed to cleverly strategically bring them into use? There are so many towers that things are hardly noticable/insignificant.

I would like to see more tower defenses including some micro rather than spamming structures and that players have to realign their towers in time by selling them and setting new ones and that early towers do not become completely useless for the rest of the game but should always be replaced/removed. So we also found it was much more effective for each player to concentrate on one element (elements are overused by the way). And ye, spammed banks over the whole map, so you could not spend your gold anymore and gold drop from spawns became subtle.

drol

Reaction score
Also have spent a game with two friends. I have to say we played on Easy.

Well, even on Easy, it cannot be that we walk straight through, building anything we want and the spawns meaning no danger. The infinite waves, that hardly differ from the normal ones, should not be the primary measurement in balancing as they are declared additional. The spawns steadily appear in a monotone manner, not creating any climax. In my opinion, the players have to be pushed from time to time to the limit and should be nearly sure to at least lose some lives. This is much more tense, more difficult to estimate and does not necessarily throw one into a persistent snowball effect where one is gradually lagging behind or not having any challenge at all. In my hero defense map, the game is divided up into sets of waves. There is some silent time between two sets but inside a set, the waves are piling up, thus leading to a heated situation. A side effect is that spawns get mixed, what I completely miss here. Everything is so random. Spawns have no theme, no/hardly interesting abilities (active ones). A lot of (random) items drop to the ground but how is the player supposed to cleverly strategically bring them into use? There are so many towers that things are hardly noticable/insignificant.

I would like to see more tower defenses including some micro rather than spamming structures and that players have to realign their towers in time by selling them and setting new ones and that early towers do not become completely useless for the rest of the game but should always be replaced/removed. So we also found it was much more effective for each player to concentrate on one element (elements are overused by the way). And ye, spammed banks over the whole map, so you could not spend your gold anymore and gold drop from spawns became subtle.

Okay, you might want to play on a higher difficulty than easy. I agree that easy is really easy, but some players might not be as good as you are in tower defense maps.

Maybe the game provides more tension when played on a more difficult level, when I test my beta versions on LAN it is sometimes quite hard on normal mode with 2 players.

About creep abilities, yes I agree those can be improved to make the game more exciting, I just find it hard to think of new ones that are implementable.

About the elements; its intended one player focusses on one element and the other on an other one.

The gold gain in the late game is indeed pretty high, but I'm currently making new towers that are expensive and can only build when you've mastered an element skill 10 / 10.

Thank you for testing this map and providing feedback, it's appreciated.

WaterKnight

Reaction score
Okay, you might want to play on a higher difficulty than easy. I agree that easy is really easy, but some players might not be as good as you are in tower defense maps.

No, I would like to have Easy harder or be removed to increase the standard skill of players these days. But ye, this differs on every game, everytime I have to guess if Easy is actually no challenge at all or relative to the other difficulties. I am not an experienced tower defense player and really just built anything I could to have a tower of each type and then spammed anything. Did not even read tooltips.

Maybe the game provides more tension when played on a more difficult level, when I test my beta versions on LAN it is sometimes quite hard on normal mode with 2 players.

The game should not be primarily designed for less players either.

About the elements; its intended one player focusses on one element and the other on an other one.

Then do not allow mixing while playing?

The gold gain in the late game is indeed pretty high, but I'm currently making new towers that are expensive and can only build when you've mastered an element skill 10 / 10.

Which will make towers before even more useless and intensify element concentration.

drol

Reaction score
New major update; version 1.19 out now!

Changelog

v1.19
  • Changed suggested players from 1 - 4 to 2 - 4, this is because some elements are too supportive based
  • Added a new multiboard that displays player stats, the builder has an ability to switch between the wave board and the player board
  • Solved improper cost of Arcane Elemental and Beacon of Wind
  • Changed the hotkeys of the last four elements from A - S - D - F to Z - X - C - V to make them not interfere with the attack and stop hotkey
  • Made the Nature Hero tower's ability mana dependant
  • Cthulu's attack speed is now lowered from 4 seconds to 1 second
  • Cthulu's Spawn Tentacle now has its chance to proc lowered from 100% to 25%
  • Increased the range and damage slightly for Tentacles
  • Increased the movement speed, damage and range slightly for the Vampire's Minion
  • Added a new ability to the Timevault; Chrono Attack, which makes it possible for the Time Vault to attack three targets at once. Attack damage is reduced to counter balance
  • Fixed Battle Stations tooltip mistake on Siege Tank
  • Increased the damage of Fan of Knives for the Anti Mage from 75 to 150 and for the Templar Assassin from 125 to 225
  • Increased the damage of Decaying Ground for Claw of Darkness from 65 to 85 and for the Deflagrated Rock from 85 to 110
  • Increased the damage of Blizzard for Serpent from 85 to 110 and for the Serpent of the Cold from 135 to 150
  • Improved the missile speed of all towers at Arcane that use mana to attack to reduce the chance attacks go to waste
  • A lot of other minor fixes

Special thanks go to TheGamaniac for testing and providing feedback

WaterKnight

Reaction score
Should I say that we played another time the new version and it was exactly the same?

There is actually little choice to the towers when you consider that you have to focus on one element, the towers do not have many effects (applying the damage by chain lightning, normal missile or multishot is not really a difference). Especially in the beginning you have no freedom. What is more that besides from element choosing you have hardly to coordinate with your team because of the lack and arbitraryness of effects. And even if you can do better through particular playing and team playing on higher difficulties, how is the player supposed to tell what is significant?

Since we had too much money again and banks were a joke, we did not exhaust the number of buildings (the tenth exemplar of each type) we could have had but you could already not see the spawns anymore under the hail of sfx.

drol

Reaction score
New update; version 1.19b out now!

Changelog

v1.19b
  • Hero towers can now be build when you skill an element to level 4, down from level 5
  • Splash modifier reduced for non-slowing towers from 2 (150 rng) to 1.5 and 3 (250 rng) to 2.5 and keeping 3 for 350 rng, this will result in an increase in dps for splash towers
  • Battle stations properly removed from upgraded towers
  • Fixed a bug with the build animation (astral) for divine obelisk
  • Tooltip fixed for Spawn Tentacles (20% -> 25%)
  • Tooltip fixed for Fan of Knives range (400 -> 500)
  • A lot of other minor fixes

Special thanks go to TheGamaniac for testing and providing feedback

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.