WIP Dungeon Crawler

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
Anyway, to your second comment. I'm not implementing anything exactly as an idea that is presented to me, so don't worry so much about the details, and rather about how the added element will change the atmosphere of the game.

I totally agree. Atmosphere above anything. In D2, the Blizzard lads didn't go with that - hence the game lost lots of it's "oh god, what dark objects will await for me next door?" character, most probably by spamming magical items with minor attributes, ridiciulously increasing sight range and making the belt + scrolls of townsportal so imbalanced. The way it seems right now, they fixed that again - but instead made the skills so colorfull (I think it is animelike) that the game Is not as attracting to me as it could be.

I'd like to see the gods in this map as a very uncertain element. When trying to please the gods, you will rarely get an answer right away. Instead you must guess if what happens is caused by the gods or not. You could even choose to believe they don't exist ;)

That really is a good idea : )

If you keep up the good work, this will stay my favourite warcraft 3 single player map.

OT: I am not religious, and I do not believe in Jesus to be the 'ONE' son god had. I believe in god, and I believe in the love between all humans that Jesus (just like Siddharta) told us about. I believe he discovered that we all are children of god.
While I do not see god as something like an old man with a long, grey hair, nor do I think that he/she made us to look like him/her (think the function interface way, we share methods but not shape with him/her), I still think that god is something we cannot experience simply because our body is so limited. We can, however, feel god. God cannot be proven - how could you prove something that can form reality? Our signal processors are just to weak for things like that. The only thing we can really prove are mathematical equations and our own existance, but well... This is another topic^^
Sorry if I spammed you with this non-related text, just felt I had to voice my feelings on this topic.

Best Wishes, Davey

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Can someone tell me how the spell that the wizard and rogue do like multiple slices? I mean what model is used for the spell
It's a homegrown model for this map.

I totally agree. Atmosphere above anything. In D2, the Blizzard lads didn't go with that - hence the game lost lots of it's "oh god, what dark objects will await for me next door?" character, most probably by spamming magical items with minor attributes, ridiciulously increasing sight range and making the belt + scrolls of townsportal so imbalanced. The way it seems right now, they fixed that again - but instead made the skills so colorfull (I think it is animelike) that the game Is not as attracting to me as it could be.
D1 was so much more tense than D2. Don't get me wrong, D2 was amazing. There was just something about it that removed much of the sense of danger.

We'll see about D3. To me the graphics are absolutely gorgeous! I think I'm going to like it.

If you keep up the good work, this will stay my favourite warcraft 3 single player map.
I hope I can deliver :)

OT: I am not religious, and I do not believe in Jesus to be the 'ONE' son god had. I believe in god, and I believe in the love between all humans that Jesus (just like Siddharta) told us about. I believe he discovered that we all are children of god.
While I do not see god as something like an old man with a long, grey hair, nor do I think that he/she made us to look like him/her (think the function interface way, we share methods but not shape with him/her), I still think that god is something we cannot experience simply because our body is so limited. We can, however, feel god. God cannot be proven - how could you prove something that can form reality? Our signal processors are just to weak for things like that. The only thing we can really prove are mathematical equations and our own existance, but well... This is another topic^^
Sorry if I spammed you with this non-related text, just felt I had to voice my feelings on this topic.

Best Wishes, Davey

Although I'd discuss God with you, I think you're right that it's for another topic. The subject is far too vast to cover as just off topic comments.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Just tried this. Died in one hit to an abomination on level 3 :p. I had fun, though. I almost died several times to monsters spawning next to me. Actually, not really spawning next to me, more like walking through the walls I was passing by to hurt me.

Overrated

Reaction score
Any reason why I can´t kill anything? I hover my mouse over the monsters, and spam 'E' but nothing seems to happen. Then I die... I´m on an rusty old mac, dunno if that makes a difference?

Edit: Fireballs travels through any monsters, but not the wall.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Meh, for some reason the whole map stays completely black when I try it.
It worked fine before, so the problem is probably in my computer..

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

edit hm. problem solved itself suddenly, dunno why, though.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Just tried this. Died in one hit to an abomination on level 3 :p. I had fun, though. I almost died several times to monsters spawning next to me. Actually, not really spawning next to me, more like walking through the walls I was passing by to hurt me.

Sounds like line of sight problems when standing close to the walls. I don't know how to work around that problem.

Any reason why I can´t kill anything? I hover my mouse over the monsters, and spam 'E' but nothing seems to happen. Then I die... I´m on an rusty old mac, dunno if that makes a difference?

Edit: Fireballs travels through any monsters, but not the wall.

I'm sorry. The map uses a function that reportedly does not work on mac. At least for now you can't play this on a mac.

Meh, for some reason the whole map stays completely black when I try it.
It worked fine before, so the problem is probably in my computer..

Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

edit hm. problem solved itself suddenly, dunno why, though.

Known issue: Sound preloader keeps the map black until all sounds are preloaded. In order for sounds to be preloaded, the game sound must be turned on. (Ctrl + S)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Ok, that explains it.

Died at level 7, damn!

Does normal wc3 save&load game work btw?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Im starting to love this game. My frostbolt & implode combo pwns everything.

Who made that implode effect?? Its pretty fucking awesome :thup:

The only problem is that fps is something like 20 all the time :( , but Im starting to get used to it. Trackables are really cool, too bad they are so slow.

How many levels there is anyways?

edit. Load game works nicely, expect few side effects:

It restores normal wc3 light settings.
It allows you to see health bars ( Dont remeber if you could see them already )
There might be more things too, dont really know, but generally it kinda ruins the scary athmosphere of the game. :(

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
It was a cool map, I died like 3 times and was at level 3. :(

Maybe you could make more terrain other then a dungeon with skeletones :)

And I also think spells like Chain lightning, slow time were really useless. Psi Blade + Frost + shock nova or imploder owns all, the rest are just junk.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
Im starting to love this game. My frostbolt & implode combo pwns everything.

Who made that implode effect?? Its pretty fucking awesome :thup:
I did.

The only problem is that fps is something like 20 all the time :( , but Im starting to get used to it. Trackables are really cool, too bad they are so slow.

I'm happy you like the map even though you don't get very good fps. 20 really is too low for me to accept for later versions. I get around 30 myself and am not too happy about that either. My options to improve fps are basically reducing map size or spell casting precision. Which would be preferable do you think?

I might be able to make other areas more efficient as well, but I doubt it would count nearly as much as the trackable requirements.

How many levels there is anyways?
After lvl 8 the game loops to level 1.

edit. Load game works nicely, expect few side effects:

It restores normal wc3 light settings.
It allows you to see health bars ( Dont remeber if you could see them already )
There might be more things too, dont really know, but generally it kinda ruins the scary athmosphere of the game. :(
I see. I will create a load game event to correct those issues. Thanks for telling me.

It was a cool map, I died like 3 times and was at level 3. :(

Maybe you could make more terrain other then a dungeon with skeletones :)

And I also think spells like Chain lightning, slow time were really useless. Psi Blade + Frost + shock nova or imploder owns all, the rest are just junk.
You're in luck! My biggest focus is on terrain at the moment. I want to create models as well, but am unfortunately not good enough at 3d modeling.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Options to improve fps are basically reducing map size or spell casting precision

Id say you should try to reduce map size and have more lelvels to compensate.

This doesnt neccessarily need too big map anyways. I had pretty fun in some level, where I got stuck in one room and I had to fight with endless waves of abominations and skeletons, which swarmed in and tried to surround me from both sides.

Also that library themed level was some nice variety. You should try to make levels with different looks and gameplay style.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
my current wishlist:

make item skills much more powerfull (+damage skills should at least do +20%)

make +hp drops spawn much rarely, but give them 60 hp regen

decrease mp regeneration by 75%

decrease the mana cost of spells by 50%

increase maximum hp by 150 / 100

increase maximum mana by 80 / 120

decrease the number of found skills

make monsters slower, deal more damage per hit and have 30% less hp

HIGHLY decrease the number of spawned monsters in level 2+ (I had a room that was full with skelletons on level 2)

{previously mentioned}
make bugs have much less hp
make monsters spawn only if the player is more than 900 away.
add different itemtypes (especially armor would be highly appreciated)

Perhaps you might also mention the manacost in the multiboard. That way you could make item skills that change the manacost of a spell.
Then you could also fix the '6 different abilities per skill' thingie.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Good points, but I disagree with this:

HIGHLY decrease the number of spawned monsters in level 2+ (I had a room that was full with skelletons on level 2)

I enjoyed the rooms with large amount of skeletons+abominations.

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Maybe increase gameplay by giving the creatures some attacks that u have to avoid or something but this is kind of the boss types.

The abomination boss was too easy.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
Haha, yes. I was ambushed by three abominations, four beetles, and six archers. I died in one hit to the accursed abomination. Frost bolt helped slow him down, though.

MasterOfRa

Reaction score
Awsome map, i hope it isnt dead. If it isnt, it would be cool to have more spell types, and maybe the ability to pause the game temp so you can look at spells you just got. I wish that spells like the slice and the Psiconic blade could reflect arrows, or other missiles(unless arrows are only missiles) Missiles could kill/reflect each other, and enemies display health somehow.
All damage should be displayed with a small number, CRITS should be bigger and another color

health runes should heal 45 (+15 more)
You should get 1 point of health every 2-5 seconds. (just so you get health, but slowly)
the 2 hunter spells that grab onto somthing and pull should have 2-3 times as much range
Damage bonuses, range bonuses, and speed bonuses should be 3-5 times as much, because 1% more damage does nothing, but 3-5 might. 9%-15% more range rather than 3% would help, and 1% speed is realy usless

Slow time should be time manipulation

-Slows enemy projectiles
-Slows enemy movement
-Slows enemy attacks

-Hastes Your projectiles
-Hastes Your movement
-Hastes Your energy generation
-Hastes Your health generation

thats all i have for suggestions atm

Glich

When you are choseing your character, you can obtain all three spells by choseing the first spell, droping it, choseing the second spell, droping it, choseing the third spell, and picking up the other 2

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Varine Varine:
    How can you tell the difference between real traffic and indexing or AI generation bots?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The bots will show up as users online in the forum software but they do not show up in my stats tracking. I am sure there are bots in the stats but the way alot of the bots treat the site do not show up on the stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I want to build a filtration system for my 3d printer, and that shit is so much more complicated than I thought it would be
  • Varine Varine:
    Apparently ABS emits styrene particulates which can be like .2 micrometers, which idk if the VOC detectors I have can even catch that
  • Varine Varine:
    Anyway I need to get some of those sensors and two air pressure sensors installed before an after the filters, which I need to figure out how to calculate the necessary pressure for and I have yet to find anything that tells me how to actually do that, just the cfm ratings
  • Varine Varine:
    And then I have to set up an arduino board to read those sensors, which I also don't know very much about but I have a whole bunch of crash course things for that
  • Varine Varine:
    These sensors are also a lot more than I thought they would be. Like 5 to 10 each, idk why but I assumed they would be like 2 dollars
  • Varine Varine:
    Another issue I'm learning is that a lot of the air quality sensors don't work at very high ambient temperatures. I'm planning on heating this enclosure to like 60C or so, and that's the upper limit of their functionality
  • Varine Varine:
    Although I don't know if I need to actually actively heat it or just let the plate and hotend bring the ambient temp to whatever it will, but even then I need to figure out an exfiltration for hot air. I think I kind of know what to do but it's still fucking confusing
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Maybe you could find some of that information from AC tech - like how they detect freon and such
  • Varine Varine:
    That's mostly what I've been looking at
  • Varine Varine:
    I don't think I'm dealing with quite the same pressures though, at the very least its a significantly smaller system. For the time being I'm just going to put together a quick scrubby box though and hope it works good enough to not make my house toxic
  • Varine Varine:
    I mean I don't use this enough to pose any significant danger I don't think, but I would still rather not be throwing styrene all over the air
  • The Helper The Helper:
    New dessert added to recipes Southern Pecan Praline Cake https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-southern-pecan-praline-cake.193555/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Another bot invasion 493 members online most of them bots that do not show up on stats
  • Varine Varine:
    I'm looking at a solid 378 guests, but 3 members. Of which two are me and VSNES. The third is unlisted, which makes me think its a ghost.
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Some members choose invisibility mode
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I bitch about Xenforo sometimes but it really is full featured you just have to really know what you are doing to get the most out of it.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    It is just not easy to fix styles and customize but it definitely can be done
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I do know this - xenforo dropped the ball by not keeping the vbulletin reputation comments as a feature. The loss of the Reputation comments data when we switched to Xenforo really was the death knell for the site when it came to all the users that left. I know I missed it so much and I got way less interested in the site when that feature was gone and I run the site.
  • Blackveiled Blackveiled:
    People love rep, lol
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    The recipe today is Sloppy Joe Casserole - one of my faves LOL https://www.thehelper.net/threads/sloppy-joe-casserole-with-manwich.193585/
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Decided to put up a healthier type recipe to mix it up - Honey Garlic Shrimp Stir-Fry https://www.thehelper.net/threads/recipe-honey-garlic-shrimp-stir-fry.193595/

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.