RPG Dungeon & Dragons - The Inevitable Fate

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
Oh, there were two bugs, one that allowed you to execute code (that was fixed), and another that allowed file output (but not input, I think).

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
Okay, I've just checked it, and yea, we can still save and load data.... This is nice, because I'll be able to continue my ORPG project; but I have to finish the current AoS before :D

inevit4ble

Reaction score
It really sucks that I can’t edit my original post but moderator hasn’t gotten back to me yet so here the last of the Arcane Spells:

EDIT: Moderator has been able to help me out so what was here is now in my original post and spoilers added

inevit4ble

Reaction score
Hi Every1,

I began this project in GUI and since have learned vJass. Trying to change what I had in GUI was very overwhelming so I have restarted the project and have had great success with it.

I've been working in conjunction with a more experienced coder to help me with problems, efficiency and advance systems. He has not only given me the opportunity to learn a lot from him but has also provide valuable assets to the project.

This was a simple update to inform everyone that this is far from a dead project and in the near future I will give the project page a thorough update

Please continue to contact me if you would like to be apart of the team
and currently
An avid Modeler is greatly required. Someone who can create/adjust, manipulate models, tga's and blp's

Thanks for reading guys :)

Rare_Yeoman

Cool Member
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, and because I didnt see it mentioned anywhere, do you plan on having reflex/fortitude/will saves? because they play a large role in balancing things. Also for the non-spell caster heros, will you have to choose your class abilities as you level up, or will they be automatically added when you level?

I myself am an avid DnD player, and would love to help on this project (In fact I've been working on my own DnD based map, probably won't be anywhere near as technical as yours though), but unfortunatly my knowledge of WC3 editor is rather limited, so I don't think I'd be much help.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
I'm glad to have your support! :)

The saves are important but can get very tricky in the coding side of things. I intend to include them but at a later stage as the core systems are priority right now. So far I'd say about 80% of the main game physics and base systems are done.

Class skills are auto learned as per the game, exception being Ranger's combat choice. Other abilites like scribe scroll, summon familiar and the like will have lists from which to choose from to give the wanted outcome.

inevit4ble

Reaction score
I am no longer coding in warcraft. I will not complete this project.

If any1 would like to continue this please feel free to pm me and I will gladly give the map to you.

Happy Mapping All!:D

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
So you're leaving us? Bro'.... please tell me that you're not leaving because of SC2. Please tell me!

inevit4ble

Reaction score
I'm no traitor :p no...
Having been learning C Language in hopes of progressing to Objective C in order to program iApps.
Its not that I don't see myself coming back, just at this point in time it is my main focus and uses all my time.

Stay strong and fight the revolution :D

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
bummer : (
sc2 uses a C type programming for its custom script, would you be interested in that? :D

GFreak45

Reaction score
why? because of the leak proof gui? or the ability to edit object data in game? or is it the much larger max map size? or is it that old dogs cant learn new tricks?

luorax

Invasion in Duskwood
Reaction score
No, but because it's StarCraft? I hate sci-fi games. They just suck.

GFreak45

Reaction score
in melee it is, custom games have a ton of different themes

NoobImbaPro

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Link is deleted, and inevit4ble , when the heck you will be online in skype to continue the project?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.