Dvd-r to computer; cant get files?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
So me and my friends recorded some videos for a school project due tomorrow on a dvd-r disk. I'm now trying to rip the files onto my computer to put them into movie maker to, well, put them together. The problem is, nothing is able to rip them; and i also believe one of the scenes is (corrupted?), whenever it starts, if freezes. I have tried cleaning it, but it didn't work. I can find no way to delete this scene now, and it prevents me from getting the files onto my computer. (The disk has been finalized)

Any solutions?

jig7c

Stop reading me...-statement
Reaction score
maybe that file is corrupted and its not letting any other files to be transferred to the computer!

did you try scanning the dvd-r with an anti-virus?
can you just copy/paste the files on to your computer?

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Well i copied files from an SD to my computer fine, so i can put files onto my computer. I'll try running an anti-virus, but i dont see what that'll do, brand new disk when i recorded it, no way i could of gotten a virus on it.

Well where would i find the files to copy them? I cant open the disk for some reason, and the only one i can find to copy is the whole thing (all scenes) as one, which gets interrupted at the corrupted scene, not allowing any of the scenes to copy.

When i do try to copy it, i get the error: "Failed to read from *Diskname*, Data error (cyclic redundency check)" if that helps.

Oh, and edit: Apparently its not dvd-r, its dvd-rw, if it makes a difference.

kingkingyyk3

Visitor (Welcome to the Jungle, Baby!)
Reaction score
The disc is scratched. The files on it is corrupted. You can try in to less sensitive dvd drive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.