Dying Teenager Has Only One Wish To Be Granted

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Hmm, ya know if he doesn't shut up, TH may just give him his own news post! ;)

Heh, just messing with ya Pwn.

P

PwnThePanda

Im justing bringing news into the forums. If they are about a person crashing there car becasue of oral sex its not my fault. :) :D :)

Mind

Reaction score
The Helper said:
You see good people of the Foundation, all my life, I have dreamed of the opportunity of participating in a threesome. Yes, Make-A-Wish Foundation, before I die, I wish to have sex with two women at the same time.

Read more here.

I lack in words to express my abhorrence.

This is morbid, disgusting, horrifying, loathsome, pathetic and decadent…

A few minutes of relative pleasure would suffice to satisfy him?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Erm, in my opinion, which I have failed to say so far, is that the guy is either lying, or using his condition to his advantage. You can call me whatever you want. But, in my mind, those are the two biggest possibilities out there.

Malice-

Endlessly Known
Reaction score
I don't understand why Mind finds sex so distrubing, hateful, blahblah. Is this explained in another thread?

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well I share Mind's opinion on the matter.

I don't see why YOU think it's crazy to dislike such a process that should be reserved for family-making not pleasure or crap like that.

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
I'm with them. The person in question is 15 years old, and in my opinion too young. There are also, in my opinion, moral issues with this; it's rather objectifying, wouldn't you say?

DM Cross

Reaction score
Rinpun, you're not a puritan, are ya? :p

I think I ought to get "Anti-"Burning the witch at the stake" spray!

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Puritan? You HAVE to be kidding me :D:D

But I think I have the few of a lot of my "brand" (Protestant, I think. I don't bother myself with what flavors are there. I just believe the reproduction process is something reserved for couples. Retards younger than 18 at least shouldn't be talking about it, or thinking they have a clue about the whole thing).

DM Cross

Reaction score
Sex only for concieving a baby.
Anti-swearing :p

Um, yeah, you seem Puritan to me :D

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Well what is the Puritan belief? Because, I think, I'm not puritan. Last I checked, we disagreed over quite a few areas....

DM Cross

Reaction score
Convictions
Puritanism generally extended the thought of the English Reformation, with distinctive emphases on four convictions: (1) that personal salvation was entirely from God, (2) that the Bible provided the indispensable guide to life, (3) that the church should reflect the express teaching of Scripture, and (4) that society was one unified whole.
The Puritans believed that humankind was utterly dependent upon God for salvation. With their predecessors in England and with Luther and Calvin they believed that reconciliation with God came as a gift of his grace received by faith. They were Augustinians who regarded humans as sinners, unwilling and unable to meet the demands, or to enjoy the fellowship, of a righteous God apart from God's gracious initiative.

But Puritans also made distinctive contributions to the general Reformed idea of salvation. They advocated a "plain style" of preaching, as exemplified in the masterful sermons of John Dod (1555 - 1645) and William Perkins (1558 - 1602), which was consciously designed to point out simply the broad way of destruction and the strait gate to heaven. They also placed a new emphasis on the process of conversion. In the journals and diaries of leaders like Thomas Shepard (1605 - 49) they charted the slow, and often painful, process by which God brought them from rebellion to obedience. They also spoke of salvation in terms of "covenant." In the notes to the Geneva Bible, the translation of proto - Puritans completed during the reign of Mary Tudor, emphasis was on a personal covenant of grace, whereby God both promised life to those who exercised faith in Christ and graciously provided that faith, on the basis of Christ's sacrificial death, to the elect.

Later Puritans expanded the idea of covenant to take in the organization of churches, seen most clearly in the rise of Congregationalism (or Independency) and the structuring of all society under God, of which the "Holy Commonwealths" of Massachusetts and Connecticut were the major examples.

With the early English Reformers the Puritans believed, second, in the supreme authority of the Bible. The use of Scripture, however, soon came to be a great cause of offense between Puritans and their Anglican opponents and among Puritans themselves. Puritans, Anglicans, and the many in between all believed in the Bible's final authority. But Puritans came to argue that Christians should do only what the Bible commanded. Anglicans contended rather that Christians should not do what the Bible prohibited. The difference was subtle but profound. Among Puritans considerable differences eventually appeared over what Scripture demanded, especially in questions relating to the church.

Some (mostly in England) contended for a presbyterian state - church organization, others (in Massachusetts and Connecticut) supported a congregational organization in league with the state, while still others (English Independents and Baptists as well as Roger Williams in New England) believed that the Bible mandated congregational churches separate from the state. In short, Puritans disagreed with Anglicans about the way to interpret the Bible, but they differed among themselves about which biblical interpretations were best. The former disagreement dominated English religious life so long as the king and his episcopalian allies were in control. The latter came to the fore after the success of the Puritan Revolution, and it led to the disintegration of Puritanism in England.

These disagreements should not hide the Puritans' overriding commitment to the authority of Scripture. They made as serious an attempt as has ever been made in the English - speaking world to establish their lives on the basis of biblical instruction. When Puritan efforts to reform the kingdom of England faltered in the last years of Elizabeth's reign, they turned to the one sphere they could still control, their individual families. It was during this period around 1600 that Puritans began to place new emphasis on the sabbath, to revive family worship, and to encourage personal acts of mercy to the sick and dying. When Puritan prospects brightened in the 164os, this "spiritualization of the household" emerged into the open.

Puritans believed, third, that the church should be organized from Scripture. Anglicans contended that episcopacy, since it was tried and tested by time and did not violate any command of Scripture, was a godly and appropriate way of organizing the church. Puritans responded that the defenders of episcopacy missed the point, for they neglected to follow the positive teachings of the Bible. Puritans argued that Scripture laid down specific rules for constructing and governing churches. Furthermore, the Bible taught a system of church order that was not based on bishops. Puritans maintained this conviction even when they failed among themselves to agree on what that biblical system was. But even these disagreements were fruitful, for they grounded the modern polity of Presbyterians, Congregationalists, and Baptists as well.

The reason that Puritan beliefs concerning salvation, Scripture, and the church created such upheaval was their fourth basic conviction, that God had sanctioned the solidarity of society. Most Puritans believed that a single, coordinated set of authorities should govern life in society. The result was that Puritans sought nothing less than to make all England Puritan. Only late during the Puritan Commonwealth did ideas of toleration and of what is known today as pluralism arise, but these ideas were combated by most Puritans themselves and firmly set to rest for another generation by the restoration of Charles II.

From a modern vantage point the intolerance entailed by a unified view of society has harmed the Puritans' reputation. From a more disinterested perspective it is possible also to see great advantages. The Puritans succeeded in bursting the bonds of mere religiosity in their efforts to serve God. Puritanism was one of the moving forces in the rise of the English Parliament in the early seventeenth century. For good and for ill, it provided a foundation for the first great political revolution in modern times. It gave immigrants to Massachusetts a social vision whose comprehensively Christian character has never been matched in America. And, for such a putatively uncreative movement, it liberated vast energies in literature as well.

Found here.

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Hmm, well I DID consider myself more Puritan than Presbyterian or Anglican. BUT, as I have also mentioned, I don't agree with some of their views.

My church is part of a gigantic church system and we don't run episcopacy (Puritan in this regard). There's usually a gigantic staff in a church, usually pastors and such, but as far as I know there is no real "leader" of the bunch. We, do, however, respect those leading the biggest facility that is kind of our HQ.

Salvation comes through Jesus. I couldn't quite read through the lines, but what I mean to say is that in my view if you try to follow the Bible as best as possible whilst, of course, "believing" which is the simple part. I don't see the trouble with accepting the fact that we don't run things. But, I suppose, Evolution has the same view in this regard.

Several notes about my church as well:

Hypocrisy. There are a lot of crazy sixteen year olds who would talk about the same things this topic talks about and with utter stupidity. It usually vanishes in about two years though. Just a sidenote.

We don't believe we're "perfect" because we have our belief. I don't know if this is Puritan or not, but we seek to perfect ourselves before we attempt to perfect society. If you rush into things without a clear mind, you'll be withdrawing rather quickly.

------------------

But now I'm getting off. I'm not into 'witches'. I don't believe they exist. I don't understand WHY there was a 'witch burning' because, as anyone smart should know, witches DON'T exist. All that aside, even if they do, somehow, exist and if they, for whatever reason, kill me with their 'magic', well then I'm off this world anyhow and I'll still keep my thought that witches don't exist :D

I wouldn't be able to give you the best picture of my belief. I don't waste my time comparing usually. As long as the pastor's teaching goes along with the Bible and as long as people I register in the world as friends are there, I shall stay a Christian.

P.S. Not sure if this matters much, but I believe there ISN'T free will, for saying there isn't free will clears up a lot more problems than saying free will exists. I can't necessarily predict the future, but if you don't believe in God in the chances you're given, it IS your fault. Namely, I believe there isn't free will but every so often you WILL come into a fork in the road and you will, somewhat, be able to choose what direction you'll go in. Other than that, every little move you make is predicted. I'm sure God ruined your body physically that you would realize your mental potential as I can clearly see it right now. But, you might have taken the wrong path long ago and have strayed far from the path. I digress, you go on your own path. I have matters to attend to in my own life for now.

DM Cross

Reaction score
Heh, this has ALWAYS been a thought of mine, but:

I'm going to really laugh if Jesus turns out to be a Wiccan :)

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
HAHAHA!!

But how would he be Wiccan?

Please state your funny philosophy :)

---

On another note, I forgot to point out to you another thought on how Druids could, perhaps, "change shape". I would like to point out the phrase "Optical Illusion" to you. Something as simple as changing shape and such can easily be done with optical illusion. And, Jesus wouldn't use such tricks, because healing palms and such like that wouldn't as simple as 'changing' physical shape, except for the healed palm, but if you want to go ahead and believe every other miracle wasn't an illusion, you could easily believe that a healed palm wasn't an illusion.

DM Cross

Reaction score
The Druid thing: That's possible! :D Like I said, I don't know about it, so I'm not arguing in favor or against it. Just saying what's been stated.

And look at all the HUGE Bibical figures. Moses. Jesus. They all had "powers" that were "granted by God"...Well, that's not proven anymore then a Wiccan's "magic", so for all anyone knows (me included) Jesus and Moses were just Wiccans :)

SilverHawk

General Iroh - Dragon of the West
Reaction score
If we're going to debate religion, perhaps it belings in the General Discussion Forum. :p

Rinpun

Ex TH Member
Reaction score
Alexander--

Yea, 'tis a good figuring.

BUT, I had another thought. And this could apply to US, but I choose to believe it might have happened to Wiccan belief :D

Druids = God's Prophets.

Namely, Wiccans would have observed various people blessed by God performing miracles all over the place but would have, perhaps, misunderstood the ideas behind God and his Christianity, unable to recognize he had a book devoted to him and that his powers had nothing to do with the world around us...but rather that the world itself is just a gigantic super-sized miracle.

Case or not, I don't believe you can change form by meditating for years and years and crud like that. I believe you'd have to be gifted by God/Goddess (if you feel, for some reason, that a super entity would have a gender), and that does NOT come by praying to him/it everyday.

SilverHawk--

I suppose so :D

In regards to the actual TOPIC--

I only hope that this pervert fixes his ways. Probably won't happen, but alas. I also abhor such behavior, I'm quite ebullient that he would "have the guts" to post farce :D

DM Cross

Reaction score
In truth, if Jesus and Moses were of a Wiccan nature, both our religion's are crap :D So we're not right OR wrong. As for Druids, I refuse to disbelieve most stuff, so hey, who knows? As for entity gender, I think someone stated on SSM that we may only say GodDESS for the effect of natural/soft entity type thing. Who knows, I don't! :)

Shadowy Fear

I have returned
Reaction score
Why do you guys waste such POINTLESS discussions on religion when ALIENS CREATED EVERYTHING OMFG HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE IT? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: THEY SHALL HAVE THEIR REVENGE ON YOU! :p Sorry, just had to throw that in :D :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.