each 10 waves a boss must appear

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
Hello Guys,

My problem is multi-way, I try to explain it down here

- I want the new wave to run ONLY if all creeps in the game are killed (also other players)
- So I placed the creeps in the unit group wave units after they spawned
- The trigger-event is creep dies/escapes and the condition is when the unit group wave units is empty, then a new wave will be spawned

This works very nice but I got one question:

- How do I spawn 9 normal waves and a boss after? (1 boss each 10 levels)

Marloes

note: I can't create a trigger that repeats 9 times and creates a boss after, because the new wave must start only when the last creep in the game is killed or has escaped

Siretu

Starcraft 2 Editor Moderator
Reaction score
Have a global integer variable that keeps track of your current level. So have the integer start at 1 and then every time you spawn a wave, add one to the integer. Then you can have a check that checks if it's level 10, spawn a boss wave, otherwise spawn a normal wave.

To adapt this to make it every 10 waves and not just wave 10, set up the condition to be Modulo(level, 10) == 0

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Modulo(X,Y) gives you the remainder of the division X/Y
Es Modulo(5,2) gives 1 (5/2=2 with remainder 1)
Modulo(12,7) gives 5 (12/7=1 with remainder 5)
Modulo (12,10) gives 2 (12/10=1 with remainder 2)
Modulo (20,10) gives 0 (20/10=2 with remainder 0)

When you need to start a weave make an If/Then/Else action and use the conditions to check if the value of "Modulo(level, 10) == 0" is true (you are in a 10, 20, 30, 40 wave) and then spawn a Boss, else you are in a middle weave so spawn normal creeps.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
sorry I don't get it

module 12,7 = 5
module 12,10 is 2

why then module 20,10 isn't 10??

I guess we're going to much into math now :(

Can't I just make a trigger like this?

action:

if: integer is 10
then: create boss
else: create normal wave

??

Siretu

Reaction score
It's a simple operation. You don't have to know how it works, just use it.

If you want to understand:
You put the second number as many times as possible in the first one, how much is left? Imagine that the first number is a box of that size and the second number is an item.

Example: modulo 12,7: How many times can you put 7 in 12? Well, you can only put it there one time. So what do you have left? Well you have 12-7 = 5 left.

Example modulo 13,4: How many times can you put 4 in 13? You can put it 3 times because if you take four of it, you get 16 which doesn't fit in the 13 box, so the max is 3. If you put 3 4's in the 13 box, how much do you have left? Well 3 boxes of 4 has the size 4*3 = 12. If you put 12 in 13, you got 1 left.

Example: modulo 20,10: How many times can you put 10 in 20? Well, two times because 2*10 is 20. If you put 20 in a 20 box, how much do you have left? Nothing! It's all full! So you got 0 left.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
so what's the point of this?
which numbers do I have to make now?

I have 24 creep waves, and the 25th is a boss

Maximum level is 200, so it are 8 bosses in total

Let me guess: I have to make a module 24,1 now?

Siretu

Reaction score
No, you'd have modulo 24,25. How many times does 25 fit in 24? 0 times. How much is left? 24!

Also, I thought you had boss levels every 10 levels?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
If your boss waves are not in a specific order (every 5 or 10 wave) then just make a condition that checks if the wave is 10, another one checking if it's 25 and so on, for every boss level.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
1. yes I had bosses each 10 waves, but after each boss, a new unit in the command card will be unlocked, it's too fast if I create this after each 10 rounds

2. I still don't get it, I'm very sorry I must sounds really stupid now

25 fits 0 times in 24, but why then is 24 left???
and how can I understand, if the number is 24, then 24 waves are coming and 1 boss after?

(X-Maul: if there would be a condition that checks if the integer is a specific number, then I already would figured it out)

X-maul

Reaction score
(X-Maul: if there would be a condition that checks if the integer is a specific number, then I already would figured it out)
If you go right click the conditions and click New Element, you will see this screen;
yvrnOpp.png

Then you click where I marked with red.
Then you will see this;
gMz5Im4.png

Click the red circle, and you will see all your variables (Global and local for that trigger).
Now select the variable you want to compare, and depending on what type it is, you can set the camparing part to something. If it's an integer variable, you can set it to a number, if it's a boolean you can set it to true or false, and so on.

In the end it will look like this;
Code:
Untitled Trigger 001
    Events
    Local Variables
        X = 0 <Integer>
    Conditions
        X == 1
    Actions
        YOUR ACTIONS!

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW THIS YET !!!!

Does this means, that if I add +1 to an integer every wave, I can trigger the boss waves if the variable is 24/49/74 and 99?

That would just be making 4 condition triggers for 4 bosses, I'm gonna try this out

THANK YOU!

X-maul

Reaction score
You're very welcome. You have to understand that a condition is just a camparison of 2 values. each value can be set to either a variable, or a function to get a value.

Siretu

Reaction score
There's also a condition called compare. If you look at X-mauls first picture, there's a list of conditions with "Comparison" currently selected. If you want it to trigger at 24/49/74/99, you have to use an OR and then afterwards create the conditions with X-mauls instructions. This way, it checks if the wave is 24 OR 49 OR 74 OR 99.

If you don't do this, it'll check if the wave is 24 AND 49 AND 74 AND 99, and that obviously wont work since it cant be two different waves at the same time.

MissKerrigan

Reaction score
so instead of making 4 triggers, I can just make an 'or' condition with the values 24,49,74 and 99? thanks

But there must come only 1 boss when the condition is true

X-maul

Reaction score
The OR condition returns true, if any of the conditions are true :)

In your case, it will check if any of the 4 values, then it will return true, if not, then false.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.