===Earth Hour community poll===

Did you do your part?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I do my part everyday by riding a bike instead of driving a car, and therefor don't pollute the air as much... :rolleyes:

All my fellow riders always do something on this day, but a friend and I are going to LA for the day, so I alas will not be there this year. I helped last year though. :thup:

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
It's Just plain bullshit and that doesn't help anything.
And well.. we've already seen some effects of "fake global warming" :rolleyes:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score

So 2.2 million people turning their lights off for an hour doesn't do anything, eh? I don't see how you could say that, because that sure seems like it would do something... ;)

FireCat

Reaction score
So 2.2 million people turning their lights off for an hour doesn't do anything, eh? I don't see how you could say that, because that sure seems like it would do something... ;)
what would it do? hmm.. and you still have some days to next switch off the lights.
So between it, Would it make any difference? lol

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
what would it do? hmm.. and you still have some days to next switch off the lights.

Ignorance is bliss, eh?
Yes, it would save quite a lot of electricity, thus saving resources.

FireCat

Reaction score
Seriously, It Just a marketing hoax!

Instead of turning the lights out.. Why the hell not. replacing all crappy old lights with new, energy efficient ones and other stuff.
That save alot of energy and money in long run. Not that bullshit to turn light off!

Nigerianrulz

suga suga how'd you get so fly?
Reaction score

so you would much rather sit there and do nothing against climate change and instead arguing about something thats done for a cause?

Every little step counts towards achieving the goal and this is one of them.

Winterherz

Reaction score
Seriously, It Just a marketing hoax!

Instead of turning the lights out.. Why the hell not. replacing all crappy old lights with new, energy efficient ones and other stuff.
That save alot of energy and money in long run. Not that bullshit to turn light off!

The main goal of Earth Hour is awareness and also an initiative, turning off the lights is a message of awareness that we are this close to killing our planet. I respect your opinion, however think out of the box.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
There's no climate change happening and If there was It's mother nature's way.

If that was true.. Our planet would be dead already.

You sir, are being very close-minded and quite ignorant. :thdown:

sicpher

Reaction score
He knows what to do on climate change, he's only spicing up this thread:D

FireCat

Reaction score
DDRtists But see here
If there was a event such like this. but instead of lights why not stop all cars for a hour? Lights doesn't harm like cars do Right?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
DDRtists But see here
If there was a event such like this. but instead of lights why not stop all cars for a hour? Lights doesn't harm like cars do Right?

But you have to be reasonable man, turning off the lights for an hour is possible, as the sun provides light to see what you're doing. Whereas the sun does not provide transportation for you, which makes it unreasonable...

But you're missing the real point of this, it's not for the effects of turning them off, it's more to get people aware of the problems. To inform the non-informed that they need to change the way they do things, and do things like you said, install energy efficient lightbulbs and such.

Its not suppose to do anything. Its symbolism. Nothing more.

Exactly.

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Also Global Warming technically is a scientifically incorrect phrase. Its called climate change. Because the world's climate isn't just one direction. Yet people still don't understand. There is also tremendous benefits of understanding that we need to change and reform our lives.

And when people say "We're killing the planet". The Planet won't be killed by us. When we say that, it doesn't mean the planet is dying it means Life on this planet is pretty much screwed.
A better phrase is "We're saving Humanity from killing itself as a whole."

PS - I really don't want Earth to become like Venus. ;)

220px-Mgn_p39146.png

Ice Bane

Reaction score

The goal of earth hour is not to "save energy" its to get people engaged to question about global warming

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.