Defense Edge of Doom

SkyXyden

Reaction score
Hey guys, I recently remade my Summoning Doom custom map. I would like you guys to try the map and help me improve on it. Leave constructive feedbacks if you have some and I'll be delighted to hear them.

DL Link
http://www.epicwar.com/maps/83330/

Name: Edge of Doom (Current)
Genere: Co-Op Hero Defense
Current Version: Beta v8.5 (03-02-2009)

Notable helps needed
-Need opinion on whether it is noob-friendly, also whether it is easy yet challenging
-Play through stage 5 - 6 for balance issues and bugs
-When Deltro dies in Morphed form with reincarnation, skilllist becomes empty
-Malice Gravity Demon in Stage 6 always move back when it moved to the castle area. Its the only unit with this behaviour, and it might have something to do with the skill set.. need some more checking on this.

Notable Updates:
-Remade some parts of Stage 6
-Boss doesn't drop special drops on death, it have to be bought from armory now
-Add Multiboard System

Version 6c changes:
-Fixes all known bug in version 6
-Some small cosmetic changes

Notice

I have think of some titles to replace 'The Summoning Doom', please do vote on one of any title which suits the best (of course play the game first). The 'Edge of Doom' (EoD) now the current title.

Vylatin

Reaction score
I tested ur map. It is pretty fun; Nice triggered abilities, massive forces of creeps.

But you need to work a bit on the terrain. And in my opinion you should change the Game Name. Summoning "Doom" sounds a bit zomg. But that's maybe just me :p

Keep up the good work!

SkyXyden

Reaction score
I tested ur map. It is pretty fun; Nice triggered abilities, massive forces of creeps.

But you need to work a bit on the terrain. And in my opinion you should change the Game Name. Summoning "Doom" sounds a bit zomg. But that's maybe just me :p

Keep up the good work!

Thanks for comment! I will try to find the best terrain for the map. A new name for a map is somethig I had thought about it sometimes but I couldn't find any inspirations, hope for some comments on this too.

Megika

Reaction score
Very nice. Much, much better than it was before - thanks for giving us single-player =P.

Minor thing - when you kill the Shadow Reaper (third boss) it says the Blood Edge is available in the Armory of the Fallen. It should be Blood Dagger.

Is the game meant to stop after you kill the Soul Skull? (Skull of Gul'dan). It did for me. EDIT: Didn't read loading screen.

I think it would be better if stronger allies spawned further back in your base - as the demon waves get more powerful, so would the soldiers. Obviously at no point should they be soloing a wave of demons, but perhaps if they weren't massacred quite so quickly.

Anyway, great work. +rep.

Lightstalker

Reaction score
1) Cutting Edge of Notion (CEoN) -:thdown:

2) The Final Fight (TFF) :thup:

3) Heroes of Destiny (HoD) :thdown:

4) The Grand Assault (TGA) :thup:

5) Fight of Destiny (FoD) :thdown:

6) The Decisive Battle (TDB) :thdown:

7) Against the Darkness (AtD) :thdown:

SkyXyden

Reaction score
Very nice. Much, much better than it was before - thanks for giving us single-player =P.

Well.. its still isn't totally 1 player yet. I removed the triggers to test the map myself, I'm afraid I have to add it back when the map is done, unless there is a way to prevent players from 1 player cheating.

Minor thing - when you kill the Shadow Reaper (third boss) it says the Blood Edge is available in the Armory of the Fallen. It should be Blood Dagger.

Yeah, I kinda forget about that >.>

I think it would be better if stronger allies spawned further back in your base - as the demon waves get more powerful, so would the soldiers. Obviously at no point should they be soloing a wave of demons, but perhaps if they weren't massacred quite so quickly.

I'll do something about that too. Although in later game the human won't matter much since they die in less than 2 seconds ;)

As for the name I'll continue to do some more poll...

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Haha, Cutting Edge of Notion (CEoN) is such a funny name.

Names don't always have to be like "TBD" or "JAJ" or "BAM" (just made up). There are a lot of good maps out there without too catchy of a name. From that list you made, I vote for:
-The Final Fight
-The Grand Assault
-Against the Darkness

The Final Fight and The Grand Assault makes the game sound more battle-like and glorious fighting. Against the Darkness makes it sound more grave and a real fight for your life.

I'll test it out when I can.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

SkyXyden

Reaction score
Haha, Cutting Edge of Notion (CEoN) is such a funny name.

Names don't always have to be like "TBD" or "JAJ" or "BAM" (just made up). There are a lot of good maps out there without too catchy of a name. From that list you made, I vote for:
-The Final Fight
-The Grand Assault
-Against the Darkness

The Final Fight and The Grand Assault makes the game sound more battle-like and glorious fighting. Against the Darkness makes it sound more grave and a real fight for your life.

I'll test it out when I can.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Somehow I feel so to. So I hae dropped it down to 3 names with 1 new option... lets go once again.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
EDGE OF DOOM from that, definetely. Thought it out for a while, and I realized that the other two names are too cliche and overused! EDGE OF DOOM sounds a lot edgier, sharp, catchy.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

ShadowBlade

Reaction score
Like I said, Against the Darkness is taken by a map which is about a Death Knight v.s. 7 heroes or something...

SkyXyden

Reaction score
EDGE OF DOOM from that, definetely. Thought it out for a while, and I realized that the other two names are too cliche and overused! EDGE OF DOOM sounds a lot edgier, sharp, catchy.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

Hahaha, I knew someone would agree, it just suddenly came into my mind, somehow its sound better than 'The Grand Assault', which I think is quite plain and boring :D

Like I said, Against the Darkness is taken by a map which is about a Death Knight v.s. 7 heroes or something...

Yea, I know saw the map before in this forum, that why i scrapped the title.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.