Edit function is broken

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Although many have already noticed I wanted to open a thread here for the administration to see.
The edit functionality seems to be broken. When I click the edit button it just opens a blank window without a text area.

Here's a screenshot:
image23.png

Edit: But I can still edit when I go to "More Options..."

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe this is because of the newest firefox update which I just updated yesterday?

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
ugh, other browsers? Nah, I rather not edit any posts then do that.

Narks

Vastly intelligent whale-like being from the stars
Reaction score
I am getting the same problem too
running firefox on ubuntu

DrEvil

FCRI Associate!
Reaction score
Another problem is when you edit a post with [wc3][/wc3] tags, the formatting screws up and all the indentation is removed.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
The workaround to fix this editing problem would be to switch to BB code editor, and then back to Rick Text editor. I've been doing this for over a year now, so I have lots of experiences with editing posts. :D

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanna let you guys know that I can now use the edit button again, but only some kind of weird HTML variation.
image27.png

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Accname has BB codes turned off or something for the parser. Unless that's just a one-time bug, I don't know. I just could no longer lap open my laptop to check this out.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
I havent changed any settings with my firefox. So this has to be a changed made by thehelper.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
That is caused by the JavaScript for the WYSIWYG editor not loading, for some reason. Either an error or your JavaScript is turned off. I doubt it's the latter, since the forum relies heavily on JS and you probably couldn't use many features if you did have JS turned off.

Now, the error could be seen in the developer console and that would help. However, WYSIWYG editors are pretty complex so I doubt anyone here could patch it up and it's most probably a bug that should be fixed in a newer version of the forum, or the editor, if it's 3rd party. TH, is the forum software up to date?

I am also interested if you guys only get that sometimes or all the time. If it's just some times, then the code must be doing some asynchronous stuff in a wrong way, so it tries to use some stuff before it's ready. If it's all the time, then I'm afraid it's because of the browser.

In Chrome I have never encountered this behaviour on TH.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This happens all the time. And yes, TH said a few updates are due soon.
This behaviour is present since the latest update of firefox.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.