Edit this model to a buff?

shiFt

Reaction score
Can somebody help me edit this model into a buff, it is the item soul theft model where hands from the ground reach up to grab a floating gem.

I would like the hands to grab up and then loop a 'stand' animation where they are clasped to be used as a buff model.

Currently it just grabs and dissapears with no way of using it as a buff because its animation length is so short.

shiFt

Reaction score
that is an option ive considered but a simple model edit will save all the extra triggering

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I'd swear I saw a model like this on some site before, but I can't find it again. :(

shiFt

Reaction score
I think it would be rly awesome and useful, it looks like this model should of been an entangle buff

soul_reaper

Reaction score
I recommend you to post your request on the Hiveworkshop.
There isn't too much skilled modellers who learned animations here :)

NullCurrent

( ゚ε ゚)
Reaction score
Im not entirely sure if this is what you want... but ill tell you what I did. I simply stopped the animation when it clasps its hands. So they dont go back underground or anything, they just stop, but the little "gem" continues to bob up and down... This is what it looks like (but with the gem going up and down):

NewWoulSteal.jpg

I hope this works.
V Download V

Attachments

• AIsoTarget(NEW).mdx
    34.2 KB · Views: 144

shiFt

Reaction score
Oops I did not see the update thanks for the pm. Thanks for the edit +rep however the model does not function correctly ingame, it simply dissapears after the first clasp. I dont know how to freeze animations in a model editor, Thanks anyway :)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
This should work.

I added stand and death and birth animations.
Tested it with entangling roots spell and it seems to be working pretty nicely.

Attachments

• AIsoTarget2.mdx
    43.4 KB · Views: 120

shiFt

Reaction score
Wow Viikuna this is an awesome edit this is how the model shouldve been by blizzard. Thanks +rep

Do you mind if I ask how you did this?

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Sure.

I just used an english version of this cool russian tool called MdlVis from xgm.ru, which has pretty damn good animating functions.

I just made a looping stand animation and death animation, copied some frames from that birth animation to those to make them work like spposed to, and then I just erased that death stuff from birth animation.

It was pretty fast and easy edit actually, since I havent had to do any animating myself: I just copied those existing frames.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.