Editing the Build Commands

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why I can't add custom buildings / units to the build commands? Only the default ones?

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
should be able to.. i seen some tower D map that had a builder or probe with buildings and men in his build command card...

Oninuva

Reaction score
For some odd reason, I can't get it to build my custom building, I edited the command card to show it but you can't see the build sub-menu button anymore. :s The data editor drives me insane.

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
did you make its Ability Type?

Abilities/SCV - Build (SCV) - Double click Info + and add new building
Abilities/Drone - Morph Unit (Drone -> Zerg Buildings) - Double click Info + and add new building
Abilities/Probe - Build (Probe) - Double click Info + and add new building

Or if its a diff unit.. you'd have to make it from scratch/duplicate..

Oninuva

Reaction score
Is it not possible to "warp" in buildings as a SCV or something?

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
Well i havent done it, but i dont see why u couldnt..
Theoretically, You could use a scv, and protoss warp in an ultra.

Those areas in the Abilities section i posted in the previous post are setting up the units build abilities..

Go into Abilities/Probe - Build (Probe) -
the Double click Info + and it brings up a box with all the buildings in his build list. Just edit one, or make a new one...

In there , you select the button, the unit, the price, the tech requirments, ect. If you have an effect, whatever... that too..

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
i had the exat same problem.

i found out that there must be one setting which disables the abilitie "Build" which refers to the building u want to build, is set wrong. Thats why the submenu disappears. i only shows up when u an working abilitie on the card.
try to add "move" and the submenu will be back.

But i was not able to solve problem. I did not finde the wrong setting.

and for all people posting again, "have u added it to the abilitie, to the cards, yep, everything right there.

here is how i solved the problem till now:

Duplicate SVC, maybe probe.
check the abilitie and the actor.
change the abilitie and the actor. rename, settings, etc.

Add your building.
make a button.
add the new building to the abilitie, select the 8th slot (dunno if the other work :D )
go to the commandcard and add the button and link it.
this way it worked 4 me. all other tries, by making a building from the very buttom or disable other buildings first, result in the same problem u have.

i hope this helps a little bit and if u finde the "wrong" setting preventing the abilitie to show up. plz pm me or post here :D

XxMayhemxX

Reaction score
the key here is using an unused slot.. you used the 8th slot, instead of 1-7 and it worked properly. I did that too, i kinda started over, scrolled down and used the first available slot, instead of editing a used slot.
Probably didnt need to redo all the other steps tho...button, unit, etc.

My problems with the Armory went away when i did that too..

HL.Clockwork

Reaction score
so we can conclude that we cannot use existing slots?
btw did try it with a complete fresh unit, ended with the same problem, not showing the abilitie-build up.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.