Editor bugs

mapguy

Reaction score
Does SC2 map editor has any bugs?
Any memory leaks?
Could someone tell me what I should know before I start editing 26 july?

Reaction score
Does SC2 map editor has any bugs?
Any memory leaks?
Could someone tell me what I should know before I start editing 26 july?

The SC2 Map Editor is a pristine product of years and years of object-oriented programming goodness and cutting-edge technology advancement. At its current state, it is perfect and flawless in every feature and aspect. You will be delighted when it entices you on July 30th (practical consumer's release date.)

mapguy

Reaction score
The SC2 Map Editor is a pristine product of years and years of object-oriented programming goodness and cutting-edge technology advancement. At its current state, it is perfect and flawless in every feature and aspect. You will be delighted when it entices you on July 30th (practical consumer's release date.)

In other words.
the editor is GUI or JASS ?

I can a thing like this above and no leak is generated?
Code:
every 0.03 seconds

pick every units in playable map area and do actions
-------move picked unit instantly to (position of picked unit) + 10 towards and (facing of picked units) degrees.
-------create special effect at position of picked unit using animation/models/01203123

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
what is this... i don't even...

Reaction score
In other words.
the editor is GUI or JASS ?

I can a thing like this above and no leak is generated?
Code:
every 0.03 seconds

pick every units in playable map area and do actions
-------move picked unit instantly to (position of picked unit) + 10 towards and (facing of picked units) degrees.
-------create special effect at position of picked unit using animation/models/01203123

The editor is GUI and no leaks will be generated from your trigger.

Arkless

Reaction score
The editor is GUI and no leaks will be generated from your trigger.

It depends, you can still create stuff that is not automatically removed (would be pretty dumb if you (for example) created a unit and it would just be removed, wouldnt it?). In case you add an effect that removes itself after fully played, then you would have no leak...
The game can not guess what you want to do with your stuff, and not removing effects in wc3 was a user problem as well, not a problem with the editor/game.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or not. Do we have an expert on sarcasm at hand?

INCINERATE

Reaction score
no the editor does not leak . however some stuff do need to be cleared, like using actors. though i wouldnt really consider that a leak.. How is the editor suppose to know how long you want a special effect to last for? .. The trigger you posted there would not leak, but depending on the actor you use , you might have to kill "last created actor" if need be

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.