Ed's AOS Beta Test

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
got up to the 20 heroes I wanted to before I released beta, there is still so much more left I want to do, other then just more heroes/ custom items

anywho, check it out, please let me know what you think, suggestion, thoughts, bugs

and I am having a Contest, for the heroes who have none/lacking descriptions, if anyone would like to write back stories for em, that would be awesome

I cant really give an award, but you can ahve the satisfaction of helping me out, and have your name in my neat map :p

anywho ty for the input guys and enjoy!

Ed's AOS Beta1

sorry about slow download but its the best I could do

btw I forgot to say earlier, you can set your hero level to 25 by typing -test
then after that type restore to restore cooldowns/hp/mana

type -test after repick is over for infinite repicks

FIXED THE LINK!!!

Sargon

Reaction score
Your link doesn't work.

Submit the map to the tutorial site map page!

Rad

Reaction score
Ewe another AoS...
Ewe yahoo...
Ewe another person wanting to compete with DotA...

emjlr3

Reaction score
Rad said:
Ewe another AoS...
Ewe yahoo...

ty for the optimism, I appreciate it

Sargon said:
Your link doesn't work.

Submit the map to the tutorial site map page!

where is that I can not seem to find it

Sargon

Reaction score
Rad said:
Ewe another AoS...
Ewe yahoo...

Maybe if you got past the genre name, you could appreciate the map and the work he's done on it.

Can't complain about "Ewe yahoo" though (I agree), except that I'm not sure what sheep have to do with this.

Rad

Reaction score
Well come on its not just that its the genre AoS, its the same thing. Every time. 2-3 teams fight against each other with a hero next to thier army. And thats it whooooohooo fun..... the first 3 times :rolleyes:

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Rad said:
Well come on its not just that its the genre AoS, its the same thing. Every time. 2-3 teams fight against each other with a hero next to thier army. And thats it whooooohooo fun..... the first 3 times :rolleyes:

Sadly, i have to agree with rad, its fun for a little, but way too repeative :( good work on the map tho :)

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Grundy said:
i have to disagree with rad. aos is the only genre that is not repetative.

WTF?! How in the world do you say that, you pick a hero, attack the creeps that AUTO COME to your base, you win/lose...repeat, at least with something like a hero line wars people can spawn differnt stuff each time, so its always differnt?! :confused: :eek: :nuts:

emjlr3

Reaction score
ok then guys....so....i could not come up with a better name(for now) any ideas?? id take any I can get

in anycase, map, tests? suggestions? comments? bugs?

did anyone even look?

from the look of it, 3 downloads....no....:(

Grundy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
DDRtists said:
WTF?! How in the world do you say that, you pick a hero, attack the creeps that AUTO COME to your base, you win/lose...repeat, at least with something like a hero line wars people can spawn differnt stuff each time, so its always differnt?! :confused: :eek: :nuts:
lol - sit down, shut up.

Sargon

Reaction score
Rad said:

Umm...you just described the genre, while saying that it's not just the genre.

What I like about the AoS genre is the teamwork aspect and the objective aspect (destroying bases, etc.). I can't think of another genre where you can work together as a hero with a bunch of other heroes to accomplish things. Hero arenas might qualify, but all anyone does in them is go off and fight solo, then do a duel every X minutes. The teamwork aspect just isn't the same in any other genre.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Not to mention the genre can be so varied that two games don't resemble each other whatsoever. Try comparing the gameplay of CoD to that of Dota, nothing alike.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Grundy said:
lol - sit down, shut up.

Ok.... :confused:

But anyways, ill test your map, and you do have a point with the teamplay stuff, but almost every DOTA Game i have ever played you get the dumb guy that trys to solo the game.... pretty annyoing, but i think thats the mentallity of DOTA players :eek:

Ok, i tested your map, witch i accualy like, the terrain is very nice, but i have 2 prob that i found.

1. You stole most of it from dota, because the multiboard says dota :D

AND

2. I never found where i get my hero, can you point it out somehow? It started, i looked then the guys started to attack... :eek:

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
it's partially their mentality, but it's also because the gameplay caters to it. Dota is a hero arena disguised as an AoS. There is no reason to disrupt farming unless it involves an easy hero gank, and items are the be all end all in dota, and if you farm up enough cash, you can defeat any amount of teamwork simply through items.

Sargon

Reaction score
Sud said:
it's partially their mentality, but it's also because the gameplay caters to it. Dota is a hero arena disguised as an AoS. There is no reason to disrupt farming unless it involves an easy hero gank, and items are the be all end all in dota, and if you farm up enough cash, you can defeat any amount of teamwork simply through items.

It's not quite a hero arena. It doesn't have tomes.

Does it? It had better not.

emjlr3

Reaction score
DDRtists said:
Ok.... :confused:

But anyways, ill test your map, and you do have a point with the teamplay stuff, but almost every DOTA Game i have ever played you get the dumb guy that trys to solo the game.... pretty annyoing, but i think thats the mentallity of DOTA players :eek:

Ok, i tested your map, witch i accualy like, the terrain is very nice, but i have 2 prob that i found.

1. You stole most of it from dota, because the multiboard says dota :D

AND

2. I never found where i get my hero, can you point it out somehow? It started, i looked then the guys started to attack... :eek:

i actually recently decided to change the name for Dota Ed Edition to Ed's AOS, I guess I forgot to change the tital in the multiboard, which I did not steal from DotA btw, I merely emulated theres when I made mine, because I feel that it is a very good one, and could not think of any way to improve it

now are you saying I stole most of the game from dota, or jsut saying that cuz the multiboard has dota in it?
I feel other then the items, most of it is mine, aside from the models/skins/icons that ppl have made, and the few spells, mostly from Vex, that I have used, all the heroes, which I feel is the biggest part of the game, is all mine

and there are many aspects I plan on changing in the future, but I just wanted the ground work layed out so beta testing can begin

about the heroes, yea I should prolly have it move everyones camera to the nearest tavern, I'll have to change that, but they are in the upper right and lwoer left, there are 2 right now, and ty for testing

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.