Ed's AOS Beta Test

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
sry for D.P, but I screwed up with first and forgot to respond to everything

sargon said:
It's not quite a hero arena. It doesn't have tomes.

Does it? It had better not.

nope none, but i am thinking of implementing some sort of upgrade system, of which i havent completly smoothed out yet

sargon said:
Umm...you just described the genre, while saying that it's not just the genre.

What I like about the AoS genre is the teamwork aspect and the objective aspect (destroying bases, etc.). I can't think of another genre where you can work together as a hero with a bunch of other heroes to accomplish things. Hero arenas might qualify, but all anyone does in them is go off and fight solo, then do a duel every X minutes. The teamwork aspect just isn't the same in any other genre.

im actually thinking of dooing like a every 20 minute duel ro something, teh host can pick at beggining, cuz there are extra areas I have kept at lower/upper corners for this idea

basically every say 20 minutes, people are transported to one of the two spots, the creep waves stop, and the two teams duel as a team agaisnt the other, and ahve a certain amount of tiem to do so, the winning team gets a prize of some sort at the end

sud said:
it's partially their mentality, but it's also because the gameplay caters to it. Dota is a hero arena disguised as an AoS. There is no reason to disrupt farming unless it involves an easy hero gank, and items are the be all end all in dota, and if you farm up enough cash, you can defeat any amount of teamwork simply through items.

I agree, and I dont want my map to be liek that, but for now I am using dotas items, so that is the case, nutil I create all my own, it will be like that :(

anywho, any bugs? suggestions?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
No, sorry i was not saying you stole it from dota at all, i ment the leaderboard. I accualy like this aos, if you could tell me how to pick my hero i would like it more ;)

EDIT: i mean as in move the cam to the spot :D

Rad

Reaction score
emjlr3 said:
ok then guys....so....i could not come up with a better name(for now) any ideas?? id take any I can get

in anycase, map, tests? suggestions? comments? bugs?

did anyone even look?

from the look of it, 3 downloads....no....:(

Well, I was going to say to call it Just Another AoS... but man you havent got a bit of good replies for it so Ill just shut up and leave you alone

Sargon

Reaction score
Rad said:
Well, I was going to say to call it Just Another AoS... but man you havent got a bit of good replies for it so Ill just shut up and leave you alone

Good.

emjlr3 said:
nope none, but i am thinking of implementing some sort of upgrade system, of which i havent completly smoothed out yet

Nonononono. I said that DotA did not have tomes, which was a good thing, and which seperated it from hero arenas.

Tomes are evil. Don't put them in.

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
Rad said:
Ewe another AoS...
Ewe yahoo...
Ewe another person wanting to compete with DotA...
Sry for late post but how do you know they want to imitate dota. I would rather try to imitate a balanced game like cod/lol/mabey even tob.

emjlr3

Reaction score
DDRtists said:
No, sorry i was not saying you stole it from dota at all, i ment the leaderboard. I accualy like this aos, if you could tell me how to pick my hero i would like it more

EDIT: i mean as in move the cam to the spot

as i stated before, I emulated DotA's for the reasons I mentioned, but by no means did I "steal" it, and like i said, there are two taverns, in the upper right and lower left, after typing -ap, they are viewable, and you can select your hero, i would upload on a new veriosn with this fixed, but I have gotten no other responses as to bug/suggestions so it almost seems like a waste to me

rad said:

amen to that, although I would not mind some constructive criticism

PB_and_J said:
Sry for late post but how do you know they want to imitate dota. I would rather try to imitate a balanced game like cod/lol/mabey even tob.

I am not trying to imitat anything, I am jsut trying to make a fun game that I can be proud of when all is said and done :)

as I stressed before....bugs? suggestions? thoughts?

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
ooo it works when i typed -ap ( or whatever it is :p ) very nice, :) i like :eek: keep up the good work :)

emjlr3

Reaction score
DDRtists said:
ooo it works when i typed -ap ( or whatever it is :p ) very nice, :) i like :eek: keep up the good work :)

please everyone, read either the fist post in this thread, or the description on teh download page....or the info under quests in the actual map, it will explain everything.....such as...typing -ap(all pick) so you can get a hero, or -ar for all random, and so forth

btw DDR, ty for the comment on the download page :)

A

AnaXyd

Very nice made map. I liked the terrain. And the heroes were good balanced. But maybe remake the DotA items to yours items? And maybe make the camera pan to the tavern when choose the game mode. Many dont understand where the tavern is... But at last, very nice map!

emjlr3

Reaction score
AnaXyd said:
Very nice made map. I liked the terrain. And the heroes were good balanced. But maybe remake the DotA items to yours items? And maybe make the camera pan to the tavern when choose the game mode. Many dont understand where the tavern is... But at last, very nice map!

ive fixed camera in latest, but havent changed enough to warrant another upload

and the items, like it is said, they are that for now, that is a lot of items to completely make up, and I didnt really feel like it, so I jsut used those for now

mixmax2

RedArmyGangsta
Reaction score
aos's are not repetitive at all, almost every game you have a new strategy, new hero, new people to play with , and overall new experience, if anything , a td is the most repetitive map genre, because you know what to expect the entire game : /

emjlr3

Reaction score
I ahve fixed jsut about every leak there is in it, and adjusted the terrain a bit, I would really like to try online with some people to get current bugs, since I have only just played by myself

anywho I you are interested, let me know, I have some people who can try it out with me currently

ty for any anda all help

I will upload updated version shortly

emjlr3

Reaction score
beta test about to satart, coem to channel clan meat if you are interested, ty!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.