Effect - Target ability target unit "Snap" to units?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Is it possible to make Effect - Target abilities, snap to units, making it easier to hit a target? Right now, it's a little hard to aim at a zergling, as it's model is so small.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Dont know if its possible to do via data but via trigger it's ok.
Make an ability that serve as target finder and set them to target a point, then make a trigger (or equivalent in data editor, but i'm not sure if there is something like that) that selects the enemy unit that is the nearest to the point and then order the caster to cast the ability on that unit.

Phubar

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
It's possible to create a search effect for the ability that is centered in the clicked point?

X-maul

Reaction score
This would be easy to misstarget if clustering :b
I want to make it "Snap" to a unit, not fire yet, but snap the curser to a unit, and make the player see if it's the right unit.

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
I have looked at this before, and figured it out, but I can't quite remember what the solution was. I think it was a case of it just depended on the type of target for your ability. So if the target was a unit, the mouse would snap to units, otherwise there was no snapping.

X-maul

Reaction score
Hmm, well the effect of the ability is a Set effect and target type set to Unit, but it does not "Snap" to the target (as the Attack ability does, for instance).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.