Efficient Attribute Gain

Bloodydood

Reaction score
Well I've been screwing around, trying to have heroes gain attribute points via learning with skill points per level up or giving the player lumber and using a spellbook that would show up at level up and disappears when the lumber is gone when increasing attribute points.

I can't use the ability leveling because heroes go over lvl 100, and I've seen in several RPGs like The Black Road where you can increase Str/Agi/Int infinitely as you level up. However, I can't seem to figure out how to make a GUI trigger I can use to copy that concept.

Now I thought of using spell books because I want my heroes to also learn skills without any exploiting, but I couldn't exactly get that to work.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
If you're not using a Mac, I believe you can shift-double-click on a value in the object editor to bypass the built-in limits - so you could give the ability more than 100 levels.

Bloodydood

Reaction score
That does work. Thanks. But still, I'd have to figure a way so that when a hero gains a level it would have to choose a skill and it's attribute points separately

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Make a dialogue pop up when your hero levels up. Let them choose attributes that way.

Bloodydood

Reaction score
Make a dialogue pop up when your hero levels up. Let them choose attributes that way.

That would make them vulnerable when having a dialogue box popping up while fighting. Sure your last enemy was killed, but what about another enemy creep or player?

Then again I can have it be opened by pressing esc once at a safe location. Thanks for the idea.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.